Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compare to 3 months ago the market has been on a steady hard decline, got to a point where now I just pay the 13xx coins to get booth up and running and let it run out, there's always empty stalls popping up in 2nd room sometimes even in first, the market is barely alive and to maintain a 8k coins a day for a specific spot is daring, changes would be nice lower prices would be great but that won't fix issue game population down, no clients no exposure no sale. Serb. went from a bustling little town with a lot of traffic to a little village. if those vendors stalls weren't bolted down most would have already left.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Populate!

Oooooh, yah know, if it's really population on the server we're talking about here.... Then yes, it's lower than when AC shut down last winter. But that was a huge surge!

And a LOT of people are waiting for the UI update to come back. And that is what Citan said he's working on NOW. So exciting! So hopefully people will come back and check it out.

In the meantime, fretting about low population on an indie alpha game probably only distracts everyone from getting things done. Like, let's not forget the bigger picture. When people check the forums for status on the game, let them find reasons to play, not reasons to avoid the game, yes? Yes~!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like the % tax of your sales idea as well. Although its not an absolute and would be fine with the way it is with some tweaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in agreement with Row and Arundel for the most part. I do believe, however, that prime real estate areas like the big room with Tadion should have higher rent. This models real life economies more accurately. High traffic areas typically have higher rents. As a whole, though, the current rent upkeep is stifling the economic growth of pg. I think rent should be lower as a whole and scale further down for the lower traffic rooms.
    On a side note, i think i lost my shop this weekend because i have been without power and internet due to the hurricane and that sucks. Hope everyone affected is ok and trying to get back to life as normal.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think on recent findings that things shouldnt be changed or if anything prices should be higher in Tadion's room to deter people from acquiring multiple bots to control/manipulate the prices in market.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the market space could be redesigned.

i think the market is supposed to be an attractive looking place. the vendor tables arent attractive which is fine, but the building could be improved.

Here you see that the vendors are nested back and the walking space looks nice. this could help with keeping the frame rate high and providing more space for vendors.

also what if there were vendors with tables, like what we have now, and low cost vendors without tables. instead they had your items on the ground or on a rug or in a basket or two. and maybe these cheaper vendors can only sell cheaper items with max value, 100councils, and sell limited number of items, 10 stacks of 30 for example. if these existed they would be sitting in the halls or "unofficial places" and when you walked buy they would ask you if you had a minute to talk about your choice of cheese(like the annoying folks at the malls etc).

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've already said this, but just to reaffirm: the current market setup is temporary. It'll be addressed further along in development.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like a market that was more interactive. NPCs that approached me about things I was looking for or hawked their wares with gusto when I drew near.

Things that would be annoying, but in a game... Well, I am going to the market to be marketed at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendawn View Post
    I like the % tax of your sales idea as well.
    I actually wonder what the point of such a tax would be. I figure the point of charging players to use a vendor is to ensure that only those who have a good chance of selling merchandise will set up shop. A tax on sales won't do this. All a sales tax would do is raise prices and take more money out of the hands of buyers.

Unless I've misunderstood how it would work.

But as Silvonis said, "the current market setup is temporary. It'll be addressed further along in development". So maybe it`s all moot.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celedor View Post
    I actually wonder what the point of such a tax would be.
    By using a sales tax, that means successful stores will cost correspondingly more. It also means the entrance fee can be less.

Here's a basic example: If the entrance fee is 100: the store needs to A) Have 100 on hand to open the store, B) Sell more than 100+costs to not operate at a loss.

But sales vastly fluctuate based upon product, time of day, time of week, release schedule... If that 100 is static, then the shop that is only open one day a week (but the best day) will do better than the shop that was open just slightly off schedule.

100 fee, 10x100c sales: 100/10*100; fee was 10% of gross. (aka a 10% tax)
    100 fee, 20x100c sales: 100/20*100; fee was 5% of gross. (aka a 5% tax)

A smaller entrance fee but a higher tax would mean that the overall cost of operating a store would fluctuate based upon how well the store did - not how infrequently the store was open.

It depends on what sort of playstyle the devs want to encourage: Do they want to encourage players to pile in on specific days, leaving the world empty at other times as players are discouraged from having shops open on those days? Or do they want to encourage players to open on less profitable days anyhow, because there always are players who can't make the peak times, or to spread out server load?

In some sense, every mechanic in a game is pigovian ^-^
    Last edited by Crissa; 09-19-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Thread Footer