Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payment model?, Steam?

I see you can login through Steam, but i don't find the game on Steam, also what would be the payment model for the game?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy to Play (No Subscription Fee required). I am thinking it's going to be around $10 - $30

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, that is great, i don't like f2p games and subs don't work unless you are a big IP like WoW or FF.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only login through steam authentication is to the forums, not a steam game launch.

The game is going to be $39.99 (B2P) as far as i know upon release. This is always subject to change.

There will also be an optional $9.99 monthly fee for various in game perks. This is also subject to change.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ANT3RA View Post
    The only login through steam authentication is to the forums, not a steam game launch.

The game is going to be $39.99 (B2P) as far as i know upon release. This is always subject to change.

There will also be an optional $9.99 monthly fee for various in game perks. This is also subject to change.
    There are packages available in the Gorgon Store now (link above in the top bar in green letters) that will included both the base game and bundled "months" of game time, plus some other perks.

For $100 you'll get the base game, 1 year of paid VIP time, and perks.

For $500 you'll get the base game, 5 years of VIP time, and perks.

The perks vary by package but include things like a mount, weekly consumables, and a house.

At $10/month for VIP those bundles are pre-paying VIP time with a small discount, plus adding in the base game and perks as free-ish bonuses. So I consider both of them quite reasonable deals, if you have the money on hand. (And you also get good "feels" for supporting the game).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    There are packages available in the Gorgon Store now (link above in the top bar in green letters) that will included both the base game and bundled "months" of game time, plus some other perks.

For $100 you'll get the base game, 1 year of paid VIP time, and perks.

For $500 you'll get the base game, 5 years of VIP time, and perks.

The perks vary by package but include things like a mount, weekly consumables, and a house.

At $10/month for VIP those bundles are pre-paying VIP time with a small discount, plus adding in the base game and perks as free-ish bonuses. So I consider both of them quite reasonable deals, if you have the money on hand. (And you also get good "feels" for supporting the game).
    Yes I know. I have already donated several hundred dollars for the cause, so I am fully aware of the Gorgon Shop. The gorgon shop (aka crowd funding) is not a payment model to play the game.

The OP wanted to know about a payment model for the game. What i posted was just that, a B2P price and an optional monthly VIP subscription which will more then likely occur upon release.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The VIP optional sub is to be available upon release/launch but the buy to play $40 fee is for Steam early access and allows access to beta stage of development on top of the actual launch. The actual launch ETA is december this year, the steam early access was supposed to be this spring (probably delayed).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    The actual launch ETA is december this year, the steam early access was supposed to be this spring (probably delayed).
    I didn't think we had a firm commitment to launching anything yet, because Citan keeps deciding to squeeze in "just one more" improvement .

Quote Originally Posted by ANT3RA View Post
    Yes I know. I have already donated several hundred dollars for the cause, so I am fully aware of the Gorgon Shop. The gorgon shop (aka crowd funding) is not a payment model to play the game.
    You being aware of the Gorgon Shop is not the same thing as the OP or other people reading the thread being aware.

Is there any reason to think the shop packages are going away after launch and are only for pre-launch funding? There's nothing on the Shop page explictly stating it's a limited offer, just that they're being used right now to collect money before Steam. The packages could be available after launch and therefore be another way to pay for the game.

There are other things that have been stated without specific details. We're going to get paid expansions, which will be bigger content updates than the regular free updates. And there will be other things available in the shop other than the packages, although that is *very very vague* for now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are two separate things that get often confused

-the Steam launch which is an early beta access (not confirmed, that one keeps getting delayed because Citan feels it's not ready for beta yet)

-the actual launch for which the ETA is still end of this year (at least that's the info you get upon buying a game package). It could still be december-january depending how long the beta testing will take

At least that's my understanding of it based on dev blog and kickstarter and indiegogo info.

Thread Footer