Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Thread: Reward Tiers
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wiping councils/gear/favor/whatever else and leaving SKILLS unwiped is completey unnecessary IMO. Those who have skills maxed will already have a massive advantage and will easily gain councils/gear/favor/whatever else WAY faster than new players.. I just don't see the logic behind this, at all.
    Peasant - Fire/Ice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal[801] View Post
    Wiping councils/gear/favor/whatever else and leaving SKILLS unwiped is completey unnecessary IMO. Those who have skills maxed will already have a massive advantage and will easily gain councils/gear/favor/whatever else WAY faster than new players.. I just don't see the logic behind this, at all.
    I have been playing the game for a long time and backed the game on the Indiegogo kickstarter. I've thought about what you said a lot. I know Eric will do what's best for everyone when the game launches. The more I play the more I see him wiping things including skills, favor, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    I have been playing the game for a long time and backed the game on the Indiegogo kickstarter. I've thought about what you said a lot. I know Eric will do what's best for everyone when the game launches. The more I play the more I see him wiping things including skills, favor, etc.
    While it would make me really sad to have spent the time to start over, it really does make sense to wipe everything and make players start over. It has been stated that this is in Alpha, and therefore, testing phase. Everyone should be starting on a clean slate to be fair for all players or you'll discourage new players.

Only thing I'm afraid of is if the Steam launch is successful in bringing in a lot of new blood. I'm not sure the zones are big enough at this point to share spawns with everyone coming up through at the same time. Who knows; maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. The beginning struggle sometimes while painful is something you look back on and say, "We worked hard for every scrap we got".

Excited either way. There is so much in this game to work on it's hard to think I'll be able to test everything before launch.
    "Sometimes, a good dagger is your only friend."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you want your character wiped. Maybe for those that don't want to create a "massive advantage" for others could opt in to have their characters wiped.

@Citan can this be an option for those that are interested, like Peasant?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Umber View Post
    While it would make me really sad to have spent the time to start over, it really does make sense to wipe everything and make players start over. It has been stated that this is in Alpha, and therefore, testing phase. Everyone should be starting on a clean slate to be fair for all players or you'll discourage new players.

Only thing I'm afraid of is if the Steam launch is successful in bringing in a lot of new blood. I'm not sure the zones are big enough at this point to share spawns with everyone coming up through at the same time. Who knows; maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. The beginning struggle sometimes while painful is something you look back on and say, "We worked hard for every scrap we got".

Excited either way. There is so much in this game to work on it's hard to think I'll be able to test everything before launch.
    Umber also appears to be interested in having his character wiped. Lets make it happen for them @Citan!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    a massive advantage
    ...................its a cooperative game. Any competitive elements are a product of your imagination.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    btw if you two, Umber and Peasant, could bang your heads into a wall until you forget everything you know about the game, because your knowledge is a massive advantage, that would make everything fair.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    As far as i know, nothing is finalized regarding the wipe, though Greyfin's scenario is the most likely one.

http://forum.projectgorgon.com/faq.p..._characterwipe
    Here you go, looks finalized enough for me. Maybe we can stop talking about it and trying to make it happen. Unless you too are interested in have your character wiped along with Umber's and Peasant's?

There will not be a full player wipe at launch.

The characters you are building now in alpha will not be completely wiped out at launch. We will be wiping some aspects of your characters, but not everything. In particular, we will be wiping items and money, but we won't be wiping most skill levels.

Why not wipe everything? Because alpha testing is hard. Putting a lot of hours into an alpha game that can and does change all the time is stressful! You deserve some reward for dealing with all the bullshit involved in alpha development.

So why wipe items? After years of alpha, there will be some players with billions in cash and assets, some of which came from bugs that slipped past us. That makes it very hard for a fun player-to-player economy to develop. That’s always a tough challenge, in fact, but wiping items and money is a basic foundational step that will give the economy a fighting chance at launch.

And remember: this is at official launch, which is still a ways away. We aren't even in beta yet!
    Last edited by Easylivin; 03-03-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easylivin View Post
    Here you go, looks finalized enough for me. Maybe we can stop talking about it and trying to make it happen. Unless you too are interested in have your character wiped along with Umbra's and Peasant's?
    Pasting in some box with large font words isn't really sourcing anything. You can find the link to the quote at http://projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/...-info-round-up

And all it says is "we won't be wiping most skill levels". That's far different then the "you'll get to keep all skills" that gets thrown around willy-nilly in global.

Also, for a person named "Easylivin" you sure do seem quick to take a hostile tone. If this really is a cooperative game, as Hood suggests, maybe you are in the wrong place.
    Last edited by alleryn; 03-03-2017 at 09:14 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let's keep the conversation civil and not direct attacks at your fellow players.

As for the question of whether there will be a wipe: it depends. We have said that we don’t plan on a full wipe, but we do plan to wipe certain elements. That statement also includes the caveat that our plans are subject to change. Ultimately, we will do what is best for the game and the community as a whole.

Thread Footer