Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conflicting information from the AMA

There will not be a complete wipe at launch, but we will be wiping some aspects of your characters including but not limited to: items, currency, NPC favor levels, and favor-quests. That said, we don't plan on wiping most skill levels. -Ryan

Can I get a little more information on this? there was no follow up on the AMA. My understanding was that there would be ZERO skill wipe with the release. It was the single biggest piece of information that I used to decide to wait for the full release or to experience the beta. Would it be possible to expand on this as my reading would suggest that you A: Have a plan in place and B: have decided at some point to expand the wipe to include some amount of skills.

Both of A and B give me pause when it comes to my play experience. It may be my "entertainment" but my experiences would feel quite trivialized if my skill levels were wiped after I was informed that there would be no skill wipe. I can understand things change however I feel that some more information would go a long way to helping people understand the situation as it is, and is likely to be at the wipe.

Speaking personally if there is going to be some skill wipe between "some" to "all" or even "Most" I would not have chosen to act would be waiting for the open release.

TLDR: no skill wipe became ""we don't plan on wiping most skill levels"" If you had swapped no skill wipe and ""we don't plan on wiping most skill levels"" at my time of entrance to PG I would have waited for full release.
    Last edited by Oqua; 04-23-2018 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Emphesis mine

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That really seems like you're trying hard to read malicious scheming in there. You have not uncovered a secret plan to wipe 49% of your skills. Come on.

We have no plans to wipe any skills. But designs change and problems sometimes arise. We've had to wipe a few skills in the past when the design changed too much, and if that happens again during beta, it happens again. But it will be a limited thing. As limited as possible, whatever that happens to mean.

In all likelihood, the total number of skills we'll wipe will be exactly zero. But beta is going to be long. Maybe we have to wipe something. We'll do what we have to do to make the best game we can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    That really seems like you're trying hard to read malicious scheming in there. You have not uncovered a secret plan to wipe 49% of your skills. Come on.

We have no plans to wipe any skills. But designs change and problems sometimes arise. We've had to wipe a few skills in the past when the design changed too much, and if that happens again during beta, it happens again. But it will be a limited thing. As limited as possible, whatever that happens to mean.

In all likelihood, the total number of skills we'll wipe will be exactly zero. But beta is going to be long. Maybe we have to wipe something. We'll do what we have to do to make the best game we can.
    Really Hellen?

Its not that hard to read the words on the screen as they are written if anything the burden on communication is on the communicator, you could have just said so in the AMA, its not that many more keys to type out.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oqua View Post
    Really Hellen?

Its not that hard to read the words on the screen as they are written if anything the burden on communication is on the communicator, you could have just said so in the AMA, its not that many more keys to type out.
    We've answered this question a hundred times and the response from the AMA is nothing new. The same response is also in the FAQ.

This has been our statement and continues to be our statement. Since we've had to wipe skills previously, it's an accurate statement. Unfortunately, if we didn't say 'most skills' and had to make a change - someone like you would come along and complain.

That said, we don't don't have any plans to wipe skills.

Thread Footer