Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archer/BC here double Nerf on archery and on BC, things are bit rough, this is beta after all, adapt and move on this is they want the game to be it ain't that bad like I said can't kill everything in 1 shot but 3, how about giving it a few days/weeks to throughly give a constructive reviews than just whines.

I used lv 24-30 BC to lv up Priest yesterday in Kur mobs still go down, not 15-20 at once anymore, no more instant gratificlation kill but still achievable end result, difference now is you actually have to work for you kills not just push 1 button.
    Last edited by INXS; 05-26-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awol_lsd View Post
    as others mentioned some AOE dmg for some classes was OP as hell and needed nerfed... this AOE change was NOT the fix for it that should had came....

this blanket aoe nerf is simply a cop out fix for it + another attempt to "force" people to play the way he wants us to.... many aoe builds didn't have crazy dmg but what this does is makes it so everyone HAS to slow grind any time they want to level another skill and it's stupid to force people to slow grind threw content 5, 7,... hell 15+ times....

not to mention this severly hurts people properlly leveling in MANY places it is impossible to pull mobs 1-2 at a time.. meaning it is impossible to not get hit by this change and people that are leveling normally and don't have the gear/skills are still going to feel this change.

why the fk not just fix the mobs... they have been fked forever.. fix the broken builds (left the rest alone) and then and only then AFTER these thigns are adressed start looking into blanket adjustments like this....

this is so fk'n stupid.
    We asked the bandaid be torn off quickly. You should have taken the time to be part of that discussion if you wanted to drag out the pain over a long period of short nerfs and re-nerfs. Crying and raging like a child is one way to get your point across though.

Of course the nerf is too broad. If you'd taken the time to read about how this balance cycle was going to work then you'd have know that and there will adjustments to individual skill lines as necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    Perhaps it will allow for more thinking in gameplay, more variation among players, allow for things like buffers/debuffers/ccers'/healers to get some playtime.
    This. Right here, this.

The problem is, too many people want a single player game with a chat where they can brag about their accomplishments, and have no idea what an MMO, especially the likes of Pre-WoW MMOs, are all about. Well put.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    Hey man, you need a time out and a chill pill.
    Not raging just stating what Im going to do not like its illegal to farm in lower level dungeons when they fix this or make it banable to go in lower level dungeon and hog kills let me know then I will have to find another solution besides guys gotta eat cheese costs money and I need to find a way to pay for food someway lol

Also as a side note that I dont care about steam reviews just went from very positive to mostly positive thats not a good thing
    Last edited by spider91301; 06-05-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortallus View Post
    This. Right here, this.

The problem is, too many people want a single player game with a chat where they can brag about their accomplishments, and have no idea what an MMO, especially the likes of Pre-WoW MMOs, are all about. Well put.
    Playing solo should be perfectly viable. Early MMOs, except EQ, offered flexible game play. The game already provides magic bonus xp just because you "grouped". I'm not sure how much more hand-holding incentive "groupers" need. Classic first gen MMOs made people split xp, not give them a bonus, for grouping because it's so easy to steamroll content the more people you have.

AOE is out of control. People shouldn't be able to mow down packs of 5, 10, or 15 overland mobs without thinking. The same way groups shouldn't be able to steamroll group tuned content (as much as I think that shouldn't even be a thing). Players at all levels should need to use more than their AoE button DPS skill with the tank easy-mode faceroll taunting, and the priest one button healing them.

The point of balance changes, hopefully, is to tune game play so players need to approach content thoughtfully, no matter the party size not make one play style pay at the expense of another.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Feedback is good - even the bits that are perhaps a bit pointed. We understand that you are passionate about the game and upset about this change.

I will not, however, tolerate posters throwing insults at others.

I've deleted a couple of posts that didn't contain actual feedback. Everyone, please try to keep it polite and on-topic so that I don't have to delete any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make all aoe builds obsolete, no reason to run any aoe skill
    Simply untrue. I was running around with my aoe build absolutely fine. Even fighting up to 6 mobs. It goes slower, yes, but not completely obsolete. It just made it not ridiculously OP.

Furthermore, if you can't pull less than 4-7, then you'll just have to pull smart. Which I know is difficult for a lot of people.

Enchanter pulls with a mezz, you've got 20 seconds (6) left. Party of 6 should have 2 DPS. Peel off 2, and single target that's 4 left, which tank can handle. The damage on AOE is still enough to blast down those 4 after the 2 have been spanked.

There are other ways to handle this, too. Most of them involving more CC. Which people have been telling Citan is useless. CC is now useful.

Poor guy can't win for losing with players who take a sky is falling attitude. It's sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkadyRandom View Post
    Playing solo should be perfectly viable.
    Sure. Playing solo should be perfectly viable. But not if you want the best rewards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + another attempt to "force" people to play the way he wants us to....

this is so fk'n stupid.
    What's stupid is thinking developers should build the game how you personally want it, and not how they want it. This being a temporary rip off fix was, as someone else pointed out, announced. From here, it's going to take fine tuning.

Welcome to beta. If you can't handle it with a mature attitude, maybe you shouldn't play beta games anymore. That was a choice that you made. You also chose to play the game Citan wanted, not the game you wanted. Forcing you to play the game as he intended is EXACTLY his job. If you and others have found ways to play the game outside of that scope, fixing it is EXACTLY his job.

Your job is to continue trying to break it. Just so long as you're prepared to see the next nerf.

If you want to play a game where everyone is DPS rolling everything, I would strongly recommend GW2. It's free to play and seems to fit your play-style very well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't mean it 100% literal, sorry i assume most ppl know me so can understand what i mean since i've been around so long... that said i'm sure now that you know i didn't mean it literal you understand more. so i won't go into that any further. instead i'll ask you.

1st in your opinion should someone that fully geared 70/70 not be able to go level other skills with aoe grind, instead be forced to slow grind again and again? (if you think they should be forced to slow grind over and over again ignore the rest)
    2nd aside from the above did these AoE mechanics changes do anything good that a simple fix to the dmg outputs wouldn't had done as well?
    3rd does making broken builds not hit crazy numbers on 5+ mobs make much difference when they can still hit those numbers on 1-3 mobs?

i think people are miss understanding me, i am not wanting to keep broken builds in the slightest, i also don't mind the non-broken builds being nerfed some if Eric feels they need it. what i am apposed to here is this blanket mechanic change that seems to me to have 0 benefit over other changes other than an attempt to stop or slow capped players aoe grinding off skills.

Thread Footer