Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: About the Races
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the Races

So, I was curious about the races since I noticed two things: Fae is added to the Wiki and there are enchantments that help out Orcs specifically.

Are they going to be released into the game in the next hot fix/snapshot and if so, will the be unlocked for us? If not, I am perfectly fine with paying for the two races.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerGoat View Post
    I am perfectly fine with paying for the two races.
    Are you mental?, why would you be ok with this?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerGoat View Post
    So, I was curious about the races since I noticed two things: Fae is added to the Wiki and there are enchantments that help out Orcs specifically.
    Well, I'm not quite sure what "Fae is added to the Wiki" means, but I think I can shed some light onto things that have been said. The only new skill I noticed related to race was Dwarf Anatomy/Phrenology, which suggests we'll start to see angry dwarf mobs or find skulls from undead. We did just see one change with bonus levels, which is that if your level 10 bonus from Alcohol Tolerance is an Anatomy bonus to whichever race the character that earns it is. Also, Human/Elf/Rakshasa/Orc are now the only races that automatically learn Sword abilities upon level-up (If I'm reading everything right).

I really don't expect to see any new race in the next snapshot, but we do know that Fairy/Orc/Dwarf are in progress. We've seen a dev blog that showed off part of the Fae starting area, and it's been mentioned that part of Gazluk may be a low-level starting area for Orc characters. I would expect we will see more updates in a dev blog at some point about this, but I don't see it being really soon.

In terms of unlocks, it has been mentioned that there will be something related to an NPC or a Quest that needs to be completed by one character on an account to unlock Fae/Dwarf/Orc for the account. If things have changed, I assume we'll eventually be told.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zherot View Post
    Are you mental?, why would you be ok with this?
    What an awesome reply Zherot...Good for you! What are you 6?

You do realise that some gamers, myself included, do spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on games, gaming equipment and in game enhancements, playable races, that cute looking hair do, or that follower pet that belches when you click on it.

It's our money, we can choose to do with it what we like...cheap hookers and booze included!

Just saying mate....

Thread Footer