Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surveying and NPC running out of cash.

Surveying can be pretty expensive. Especially when selling loot to vendors who have limited funds. How do you overcome this.

Keep in mind, while not limited to, I do focus 99% of my time in South Serbule, Serbule and Eltibule. I have ventured into Kur Mountains, but it takes a lot of preparation I am not willing to do right now.
    Love reading RA Salvatore!
    AC was my first passion, played some Ultima, WOW, RIFT, Starwars, Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls.
    It's just a game.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are selling your surveying output to vendors, you are losing some of the value. In the past, heavy-duty surveyors have stood at the well and announced the sale of gems. Players readily buy for 200 councils and sometimes a bit more. Selling to Larsan only gives 100. Currently there are a lot more gems available because players are leveling skills and trying to make money, so there's no guarantee. As for metal bars--I can't imagine selling them to any one but a player.

I personally never focus on making money--it's a outcome of my other activities. Killing things and taking their shit is still my most reliable means of support.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you maxed favor with npcs in Serb and Elt? I barely go into South Serb so I don't even know how many npcs there will buy items from you. Getting the soul mates with npcs that will buy your stuff is just as important as leveling combat skills or endurance, etc. For example, when I first started playing I either farmed pigs for days or had money to buy pork shoulders from npcs. I made a ton of bacon and gave it to Joeh. He was the first npc I got to soul mates. He buys all types of gear.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never, ever sell your gems to npc. Palyers will buy it for duble, or sometimes evn triple price. Right now, if i see someone sellign gems for around 200 i would probably buy them on the spot(if i had cash on me ofc). I personaly consider anything up to ~250 as afair price for any gems. More than that im willng to apy if i need gems to craft myeself gear. 300 and more is oberpricing imo.

As for limited cash on vendores - work on favor. The higher favor with vendor the bigger they money pool. Also they will pay more for your stuff.

But honestly speaking - for few month now i never evn tried to empty out vendors money pool, didnt needed it. All my cash come from work orders, and occasionaly selling some stuff. This changed now taht w ehave lv 70 skills,a nd tehy cost tons to unlock and train, but still i hardly feel need to farm for money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    Never, ever sell your gems to npc. Palyers will buy it for duble, or sometimes evn triple price. Right now, if i see someone sellign gems for around 200 i would probably buy them on the spot(if i had cash on me ofc). I personaly consider anything up to ~250 as afair price for any gems. More than that im willng to apy if i need gems to craft myeself gear. 300 and more is oberpricing imo.

As for limited cash on vendores - work on favor. The higher favor with vendor the bigger they money pool. Also they will pay more for your stuff.

But honestly speaking - for few month now i never evn tried to empty out vendors money pool, didnt needed it. All my cash come from work orders, and occasionaly selling some stuff. This changed now taht w ehave lv 70 skills,a nd tehy cost tons to unlock and train, but still i hardly feel need to farm for money.
    You will not see Amethyst for 300. They are the main ingredient in teleportation so their importance is way beyond 300. I've seen them sell between 600-800.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, Amethyst for 300 is unreal, but I am up to 12 mining them. So far I have never seen anyone selling gems at the well. I will be more observant to that and try selling myself. Between cooking, carpentry and surveying money and supplies have been tough to manage, but thanks for advice.

So my next issue then is scrolls for recipes.
    AC was my first passion, played some Ultima, WOW, RIFT, Starwars, Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls.
    It's just a game.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sometimes ended up selling out at the vendors...

...But there's alot of vendors and NPCs that'll buy or accept gems as gifts so... How the heck do you run them out of money? O-o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that there is a larger playerbase and players have colonised the second and half the third room gem prices have stuttered around the 200 - 250 mark, but not selling. Amethyst you can get for +/-400 from player stalls. Redwalls for 100 as per usual.

Given the large number of gems you can make of just a few minutes doing surveys I would say you should probably make the most of it by selling for 175 or something in channel.

Some gems are worth more as they are more in demand. Quartz, Citrine, Garnet for example are for popular skills. Obsidian, Onyx are for favour and obviously Amethyst are for TP. Also with Gazluk arriving more people are using alternative teleport so i guess maybe green gems, and aquamarine may see prices rising.

However, soemthing to bear is mind is that things change. People farming gems and selling them now, as they are new and don' really understand how much they will need them later. Once this current large bunch of newcomers starts to get more endgame, and starts to craft, in the quest for better gear, those gem prices will more than likely creep up again - as by that point they will have better things to do than surveying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    Now that there is a larger playerbase and players have colonised the second and half the third room gem prices have stuttered around the 200 - 250 mark, but not selling. Amethyst you can get for +/-400 from player stalls. Redwalls for 100 as per usual.

Given the large number of gems you can make of just a few minutes doing surveys I would say you should probably make the most of it by selling for 175 or something in channel.

Some gems are worth more as they are more in demand. Quartz, Citrine, Garnet for example are for popular skills. Obsidian, Onyx are for favour and obviously Amethyst are for TP. Also with Gazluk arriving more people are using alternative teleport so i guess maybe green gems, and aquamarine may see prices rising.

However, soemthing to bear is mind is that things change. People farming gems and selling them now, as they are new and don' really understand how much they will need them later. Once this current large bunch of newcomers starts to get more endgame, and starts to craft, in the quest for better gear, those gem prices will more than likely creep up again - as by that point they will have better things to do than surveying.
    I agree that prices have stalled because so many people have joined the game and many of them have surveyed a lot. Also, a lot of new players don't know the real value of certain gems. In short, this is probably a good time to stock up on gems you need because they are selling for cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as running out of money, as a sword swinger I am heavy into cooking and surveying. Surveying supplies are pretty expensive. The problem is not running out of money, it is NPC Vendors running out of money/buying goods from me. I must admit that my first month I had no understanding of the favor system. So now I am grind out pork for bacon and skins. Just not a lot of slots leftover for other NPC's favor items.
    It's just a game.

Thread Footer