Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Long strings of fails aren't fun, but they are always possible when just flipping coins.
    Yeah. Without having access to the back end, it's very hard to tell whether a long string of fails is just random chance or whether the coin is weighed somehow...

Wandering further off Tiger's original topic, I've been wrangling with a similar coin flip problem regarding generic mods on yellow item drops. I had checked the last six yellows that had dropped for me and they were all single skill + generic mod. So, for the last week or so, I was deeply and completely convinced that the yellow items are broken. Then this last weekend, I got two yellows that both had 2 skill mods on them ( one of them with the skills I was using, the other with one different skill), so now I'm back to thinking that maybe they are just random and I've just been really unlucky in my previous drops... Or maybe the yellow items just follow the same drop scheme as all the other items, and I just notice them because I actually look at the mods in more detail since it's a special item type. Human perception is just so tricky...

( But hey, there could still be a bug! I think we need more yellow items to drop so we can test it better. )

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I had checked the last six yellows that had dropped for me and they were all single skill + generic mod. So...
    Man, you were having the best luck! I love when I get generics, they're easier to mix into builds than two-skill pieces ^-^ Pump up that Power regen in combat, man!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, you were having the best luck! I love when I get generics, they're easier to mix into builds than two-skill pieces ^-^ Pump up that Power regen in combat, man!
    But if you get enough skill mods, you can one-shot the mobs and you won't need in-combat power regen. ( Well, ok, that approach doesn't usually work, but I still enjoy the skill-specific tricks more than just the generics. I wish you and I could trade RNG rolls - we'd both be happy then!)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    But if you get enough skill mods, you can one-shot the mobs and you won't need in-combat power regen.
    Yeah, but if you get the wrong second-skill ones you're stuck with a piece that makes something else in your build work less when you could just use your big attack quicker.

(+2 sec tradeoff I'm looking at you!)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but if you get the wrong second-skill ones you're stuck with a piece that makes something else in your build work less when you could just use your big attack quicker.

(+2 sec tradeoff I'm looking at you!)
    Well, that's where transmutation comes in! Oddly enough, I find I have been mostly using transmutation to change out mods that I really don't want on my gear, rather than trying to change boring mods to great ones. My current mod bane is +taunt ... I figure any other mod that doesn't make it more likely that I'll taunt off the person who is supposed to tank is going to be fantastic for my purposes.

Ok, I think I have now completely derailed the thread, but it's been fun.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, +taunt is so annoying. Sometimes it would be great, but usually you don't want it at all.

I know the idea is to have taunt gear vs anti-taunt gear but since everything is so random, it's very easy to end up with both. Maybe it would be best if it were specific to pieces of gear, or the gear would unlock the +taunt abilities, instead of just being in the same pool as the taunt-lowering abilities.
    Last edited by Crissa; 11-08-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Thread Footer