Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you're working on the UI and trying to make it easier to scale DoT effects for knife skills, can you please make it so that we can see debuffs on the target frame with time remaining? Its really frustrating not to know when to reapply a debuff or a DoT or anything for that matter including buffs on teammates when you can't see the time remaining or if they are actually missing the buff. This would be HUGELY appreciated! Please

Thank you! Good luck with the server fixes and frame tidying. I look forward to the new animation system and I look forward to the day when Unity is a bit more considerate of developers trying to make an MMO on their engine. I think they are making those little steps but alas there is still much ways to go.

As always enjoying the game. Only slightly bothered that some great questions were never answered on the redit AMA felt like we didn't get much new stuff out of it and it would have been cool if this blog tried to tackle some of those unanswered questions.

Welp, see you in game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    Could fix Serbule through lore and an in-game player event.
    1. Host one-time druid event.
    2. Monsters overrun Serbule and destroy the town (like Lion's Arch in GW2).
    3. Vendors that we have already earned favor with, fear for their safety of the constant attacks and move on to Hogans Keep/ Kur/ Rahu.
    4. To help fight the invasion and save Serbule, Yetta agrees to teach Weather Witching to all those that wish to fight.
    5. Host event where players gather resources to rebuild town/ gain favor/ gain civic pride/
    6. Insert the new building art assets in Serbule.
    7. The rebuilt town is now smaller and less desirable for veterans but good enough for the newbies.
    8. The old vendors we've earned favor with can be found in other locations to help spread the load.
    I second that idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to read about work on DOTS, it is one of my favorite ways to play but I have given it up the last couple years. Been hoping for a new full city for good long while and am super happy to hear about the plans for it and the new lvl 80 city in the future!

What I would like to see for the lvl 50 ish full city hub and the lvl 80 full city hub is storage expansions rather than brand new storage. If each new full city had a storage that corresponded to each storage in Serb it would be quite useful. Favor up the new npcs and the same storage places one has in Serb are also available in the new city but can be expanded with more slots. This may need some tweaking..most ppl don't need more storage for alchemy pots, lol. It would relieve a good amount of traffic in Serb because higher lvl players would no longer have to go there to use whatever mats they have stored in Serb.

Please also consider having:
    cows
    teleport (recall hearts home) Some of us will want a new home and changing that spell will take long!
    the many other things ppl have already mentioned that make a city useful

The teleportation system has as much to do with the traffic in Serb as anything else. I use tele to Serb to get to Serb Hills for making my cheese and mushroom boxes...would be so much better if I didn't have to go through Serb. Also, I keep my alts in Serb for milking cows. If Serb Hills had a transfer chests and cows in the same field I would move them there and stay out of Serb.

Have you ever considered adding teleportation skills as bonuses to combat skills or even crafting skills? What if at lvl 30 cow or cheese making you could teleport to any cow spawn point with grass? Or lvl 30 spider or tailoring could teleport you to any cotton gin etc?

If I had my way there would just be simple teleport options to any tele circle but I know that is not how you want it be for your game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think games that make teleportation easy are sacrificing a lot for "quality of life"

Life in a game is moving through the world, experiencing the stuff you stumble across along the way... While teleporting to wherever you want to be in the world at a whim may seem attractive from a time-investment point of view, I think it damages the overall experience and can have a massive detrimental effect on game economy

But yes... a few more cows and crafting locations here and there would be terrific

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! First time poster, not very long time reader... but I already love this game so much!

My two wishes:
    * Please don't make things too stratified, where you only really bump into people near your own level.
    * Don't make travelling by foot obsolete.

Most MMOs nowadays have done both and it takes so much away from them...

Also, Serbule graphics:
    If you're a newbie like me, you may not know you don't have to use the slider, you can type in fractional numbers. On my PC (recent generation xeon and nvidia 1060) the number 0.50 seems to be a good balance between being able to walk in and turn around in a vendor room while also feeling like the people near me are alive.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the Twitter screenshots for dots, I'm now curious: It looks like we could have damage dots tick at different intervals. The Venomstrike example has 6 ticks happening presumably 2 seconds apart. This seems to imply that we could have another dot also acting over 12 seconds, but applying 3 ticks happening 4 seconds apart instead? I'm mostly wondering why - it seems easier to me to just have all dots use the same interval between ticks. (And then we'd know how many ticks any dot has by dividing its duration by 2 if that interval is 2 seconds. Although I guess it would still be nice for the game to show it...)

I'm pretty excited by the upcoming changes talked about in the blog. It's possible I'm too excitable but I squealed "ooh" aloud both when reading about the elven city past Sedgewick Forest and about the coming knife offhand change. I knew that the knife change was coming but didn't expect it so soon. That should open up a lot of fun new combos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I never submitted my reply and now I've slept since then so darned if I can remember what I said. I'm not exactly to the point where the nerfs would impact me, but I'm still in the camp of pulling the band-aid off quickly and getting it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    While you're working on the UI and trying to make it easier to scale DoT effects for knife skills, can you please make it so that we can see debuffs on the target frame with time remaining? Its really frustrating not to know when to reapply a debuff or a DoT or anything for that matter including buffs on teammates when you can't see the time remaining or if they are actually missing the buff. This would be HUGELY appreciated! Please ....
    This would be very useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this has been suggested before but would making Serbule Keep its own zone help with handling the large amount of traffic it gets? Not sure how hard it would be to implement this but separating the town and the monster ridden 'outskirts' with a zone wall seems like it would help alleviate some of the problems.

Also +1 for Ripping the Bandaid off
    Last edited by Grious; 05-10-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    The new dev blog is up! You can read it here.

This is the discussion thread.

It's really long... and this is the shortened version! There's just a lot of topics to cover. But if you want to skip over boring technical stuff, you can jump to the "Treasure and Skill Changes" section about halfway down.
    I have mostly heard people asking for "rip the bandaid off" or the "get it all done at once" change for damage. I will say there are some builds that way overperform even after the changes. These are mainly due to a few problematic combos with +x% damage to a type or skill. I don't want to ever suggest that everything be homogenized or damage be the same across classes - obviously though the overall of the abilities have to be factored in and it is hard to determine the power level of a freeze ability or a heal vs. direct damage. However, if you want I can send a PM with some of the really busted combos but I think you are aware as I have only been playing a year (active only half of that) and some of the people and you have been looking at balance for like 6+ years right? Regardless, it doesn't matter much in a beta but certain skills being too strong is pulling people away from testing and playing other specs because lets face it, we all want to be able to get stuff done and accomplish goals and sometimes an unfair build can help us do that. If you remove or alter the broken combos or abilities then it could at least encourage testing more with other skillsets. Of course power level is hardly the only determining factor in what people playing but I'd love to see the numbers on people sticking with Archery after trying something else, because for a long time half of the people I played with Sword/Archery for the damage.

The classes are unique and you guys, for having a small team, have created the most fun MMO I have played and with the least boring or repetitive gameplay because you refuse to make zones tightened to only one level range and you refuse to homogenize classes or abilities: and I and many others greatly appreciate that. If you want my suggestions on abilities or skill sets that overperform I can give them, but like I said I want to PM them (so as to reduce chances of others cheesing after reading about it) - and I'm sure someone else has already reported them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    We are 3 guys from France to have bought the game, three different machines, three different connections. The game runs at 60 fps but since we left the island the game is totally unplayable because of massive lag. Please open a European server, or do something. We have a ping of 130 I dont know if it matters.The game is excellent but we can not play it anymore...

Thread Footer