Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im hyped as for priest and vampire cant wait for that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Blog update! I enjoyed the read and understand the issues. First, let me say this is my first post on the forums and I did just review the game on Steam. I love what you guys have done here! Much like the game a friend and I have been planning and experimenting with. So we'll table that for now.

Few thoughts I had after reading the Blog. Serbule is always going to be the main hub city just by its position and nature in the game. I doubt there is much you can do to change that. But a few things might help move people out.

1. Some form of a universal storage/bank. You could still build around your current favor system, which is awesome!
    2. Death respawns, out of dungeons, of course, could be just outside of towns, friendly keeps, etc. That would encourage player movement.
    3. Some of the more popular vendors could be moved further apart or in some case just outside the city proper. But still centralized on the map for players.
    4. Admittedly I haven't made it past Eltibule, so I can't speak to some of the other areas but things that make it warm or safe, etc. would move the more leveled players to the appropriate cities as well. Provided they can access storage in a more easy fashion as stated in #1 .

Just a few thoughts on one of the many issues you guys are tackling. And let me say, of the many games I've beta-ed, you guys have set up the best community platform and have been the most open and responsive of any I've seen! Keep that up and this game and community will be like no other!!

Well back to Serbule for me. Music needs to be played and work orders to complete!! lol
    “When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins.” ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About Serbule - I think you nailed main problem. ther eis so mhy good thigns in Serbule (vendors, storage) that are also very close to each other. One more... 'resource' i guess, is close by cave. Maybe not biggest thign in the world, but certainly ahve impact.

I think Rahu is on good way to becomign good hub city. it has all important vendors, craftign stations, and respectable amount of storage. What it do alck is Gardenign vendor (at least I didn't foudn any) and some caves for cheesemaking/brewing/mushroom farming.

Another thign that coudl help would be some way to transfer items between storages form diferent zones. Not like Council Storage Machine, but different system where you can choose come items from one storage (lets say Marna) to be transported to another (lets say Daniel Murderdark) over time. It could work like hangout with NPC.

About combat changes - I think one big nerf would be better. Sure, a lot of peopel will probably complain, but they will complain anyway, and if you over-nerf us, you can buff us up over time. And getting buffed feels better than getting nerfed, even if change is small. I agree that we have a big direct damage creep, especially with some skill combos. But if you gonan nerf our damge, I suggest you do the same to mobs - at least some of them. In few instances where i do not 1-shot mobs in Gazluk, I find myself dying pretty fast.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like a lot of your new players, I took the EA Steam release as a sign the game I'd heard so much about was finally open for business, and I love what I see so far ...Kudos to the makers and the Alpha players that got us here!

As a new player, there does seem to be some growing pains evident, so from that perspective I'd offer a few thoughts:

Seeing high level players that look awesome and do amazing things is always a really cool experience in low-level areas as we get a glimpse at the possibilities in our futures, so it would be a shame to completely lose that in Serbule, but the logic of limiting foot traffic makes sense

I've noticed a fairly large amount of high-level gear and supplies in Serbule NPC stores, which makes sorting through it all to find something I might want to buy a slow process, but it also makes me wonder if the vendor opportunities in the higher-level areas is sufficient

One thing is for sure, for a new player it would be better to have vendors offering (mostly) zone-relevant items for sale, and de-centralizing serbule would likely help in that regard (I don't see the same clutter at Serb Hills or Estibule vendors)

The new players from the EA Steam release are helping to highlight issues with scaling like this, and since the game is great scaling will only become more problematic over time... Attempts to segregate Serbule will only provide a temporary relief window in which (hopefully) a longer term solution can be implemented

A suggestion that may require more effort than is practical might be to limit what a vendor will purchase to "local" items only, but something like that would depend on how your itemization is set up

A further suggestion to alleviate the pressure of segregation would be to plant a mushroom and some sort of daemon NPC (fairy) next to each Council Chest to allow players to access zone storage remotely ...While it seems the intent is avoid "world banking" this could be a beta only solution until something better can be implemented

The daemon could be limited to placing items in the Council Chest, though that would require more work... There could be a quest to unlock this feature in each zone and favor required as well, but that would be a lot more work

Another "quick and dirty" feature would be to add portable crafting equipment tied to carpentry, etc, such as Cotton Gins and Tanning Racks to allow players a little more freedom to do what they need to get done wherever they are until future hubs are developed

Finally, the Player Store in Serbule suffers from the same scaling and clutter issues as the local vendor NPCs, which only hurts the potential of this aspect of the game... Copy/Pasting that area into a higher-level part of the world would separate the market and give us all a lot less to sift through while shopping

While thinking about Player Stores, I'd like to make two suggestions about the UI as well:

1. Add piecemeal Work Order functionality so a player can set a total amount of lemons they wish to purchase at a unit-price with a mark-up that would be applied when the items are automatically added to their store (This would remove some dependency on NPC vendors and bring much more activity to the Player Markets)

2. While you're at it, please add a "Report to Admin" feature to the Player Store UI that would allow players to easily flag those that would list common items for stupidly high prices... While I understand that Capitalism is a good thing, a big part of the draw this game has is its reputation for healthy community, and if you want to keep that it will need to be protected, and a little self-policing might be all it takes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and +1 to big nerf then incremental buffs... not sure you'll ever proper player feedback indicating a small nerf was "just enough" and even small nerfs cause massive complaints

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree these are growing pains. And so much of the complaining is unnecessary and unproductive to the Beta process.

I like the vendor and the player store ideas. I too find it too time-consuming to search through stuff over leveled for us and priced 10k and up lol. A filter method in the store UI would be a good idea too. That way speeding up the time it states to fins armor, weapons, food, level, etc. Hub cities will always be crowded, that's for sure!
    “When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins.” ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could fix Serbule through lore and an in-game player event.
    1. Host one-time druid event.
    2. Monsters overrun Serbule and destroy the town (like Lion's Arch in GW2).
    3. Vendors that we have already earned favor with, fear for their safety of the constant attacks and move on to Hogans Keep/ Kur/ Rahu.
    4. To help fight the invasion and save Serbule, Yetta agrees to teach Weather Witching to all those that wish to fight.
    5. Host event where players gather resources to rebuild town/ gain favor/ gain civic pride/
    6. Insert the new building art assets in Serbule.
    7. The rebuilt town is now smaller and less desirable for veterans but good enough for the newbies.
    8. The old vendors we've earned favor with can be found in other locations to help spread the load.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited for Priest. I pretty much only play support classes in other games. Bard is pretty good in that department, so I've been rolling with that so far.

The channeling thing sounds annoying, but I hope I'm wrong. It reminds me of DDO where if you try to cast a heal spell on someone who runs behind a small rock on the ground, the heal spell will say you don't have line of sight to your target, then cast the heal on yourself instead, putting the heal on cooldown and wasting the mana because you were full health.

That said, mashing the heal button over and over isn't fun either. I hope the channeling thing allows me to show off my skill as a support. I think especially in areas like Winter Nexus, I'll be skirting the edge between max distance heals and staying out of an Ogre's rage bash. A very short run-speed boost ability might help me run into heal range to throw a heal to someone who is a bit too far away, or dodge an Ogre rage attack so I can heal while everyone else is stunned. I can also see party wipes because the Priest is so far behind he'll aggro respawns.

It makes sense to not allow Priests to be able to solo because being able to heal yourself while stuff is bashing you down is kind of broken, which the channeling thing addresses. I'm a little worried Priests will make battles much much easier, though. We've been skirting by with druids and bards, which have decent/okay sustain abilities. I'm hoping the Priest works the same way Bard does, where you have a minor heal, an oh shit button, and some buffs with nice, supporty mods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    Could fix Serbule through lore and an in-game player event.
    1. Host one-time druid event.
    2. Monsters overrun Serbule and destroy the town (like Lion's Arch in GW2).
    3. Vendors that we have already earned favor with, fear for their safety of the constant attacks and move on to Hogans Keep/ Kur/ Rahu.
    4. To help fight the invasion and save Serbule, Yetta agrees to teach Weather Witching to all those that wish to fight.
    5. Host event where players gather resources to rebuild town/ gain favor/ gain civic pride/
    6. Insert the new building art assets in Serbule.
    7. The rebuilt town is now smaller and less desirable for veterans but good enough for the newbies.
    8. The old vendors we've earned favor with can be found in other locations to help spread the load.
    That actually sounds really neat, but might be too much for the small dev team they current have.
    This is Monger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the information.

I am not experienced enough to give feedback on most of what has been posted.

I like the idea of the new midd level HUB.

I also Strongly think that you are the DEV, creator and captain. so for the Nerfing subject you should be in full control of that decision.

this is Alpha and everyone should trust your best judgement on these issues.

Thanks again
    Attempting to make guides and streams for the game via YouTube.
    Feel Free to stop by!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR..._as=subscriber

Live Stream link
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR...WlAwq-evw/live

Thread Footer