Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Halloween event feedback

Since it was requested to post feedback on the forum here's mine-I liked it more than the previous ones, especially the summoning of bosses. I know the Anahinda summoning didn't work but I loved summoning the other ones. Also great that the bats got their skill scrolls but I think those should keep dropping post-Halloween because any dedicated bat player starting say next year will have issues buying them. Missing a witch hat but I'll live^^

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I very much enjoyed everything about the new Halloween event - the candy, talking to a goddess in my head, the mix of kill and non-combat quests, the candy, the unique rewards like speed and inventory potions, getting rewarded for eating a pumpkin pie, ... did I mention the candy yet?

A week and a half seemed a bit short for the event. I wonder if it would work to just have the event run from Halloween through Thanksgiving as a general bat and pie festival, with maybe a couple shorter quests only becoming available at the end. That would give everyone plenty of time to complete all the quests they choose.

If the bat scrolls are only supposed to drop once a year, that seems rather harsh on bats.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I liked this set of events more than the previous one. Unfortunately, a few bugs prevented me from completing two of the quest lines, but one can hope they will be fixed for next year.

I think there should be an easier way to become bat than needing the help of other players (Lab and GK bats are not accessible to most). For instance, there could be some low level bats spawning in serbule sewers at night. There is a dead-end tunnel there that can be avoided and won't disrupt the game of players not willing to become bats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I very much enjoyed the festivities for the reasons I mentioned in an earlier thread. I do agree with the above posters that the scroll mechanic for bats is harsh - especially the insane rarity of the highest level scroll. I do not believe any other class has to wait all year for several of their key skills nor do they have to hope on a very very rare drop from a very short event. I started a bat a month ago and am now a full-time bat. I got up to lvl 69 during the event. Farmed GK and Gaz cave for SG and did not get a drop. Now I must wait a year? That makes me sad.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Halloween was better this year. I can't believe how many quests there were. The quest setup and completion texts were fun. The Poe reference was a little bit distracting, kind of a little bit of the real world bleed into the game. But I usually like to work in movie tie-in and pop culture ideas into my stuff so not sure why it distracts me here. The length of the event was fine as well. Overall really good.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the quests, reminded me of the summer ones.

Alas, I wasn't able to get online x-x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quests were good - gave you a fair amount of options and things to do, though the rewards weren't particularly exciting & the new abilities are questionable at best - though, it's probably for the best that seasonal items aren't the be-all-end-all either.

I will say that I think it would've been better to have been more generous with generic-level keys rather than specific ranges, especially given you'd have to work through the lower-level keys to get the higher-level quests - not terribly important given the loot you get from those chests is largely irrelevant at this stage of development regardless but something to consider for later.

Regarding bats - slight tangent here, but I think having temporary festivals in which you can pick up an animal curse (or get rid of one) without the use of a consumable would push them as actual curses without making them completely permanent.

All in all, the event was pretty good, if only for a few hours of something different.
    @Niph

Lord Serb would summon bats with him - these were level 30ish and in Serbule, they carried the disease.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxlazr View Post
    @Niph

Lord Serb would summon bats with him - these were level 30ish and in Serbule, they carried the disease.
    I know, but this other option is not really easy either.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't have much feedback on the Halloween event this year since I wasn't really able to get into it very much. However, I like the concept better.

My feedback is about this thread! It's safe to say that this style of event was a big hit.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxlazr View Post

I will say that I think it would've been better to have been more generous with generic-level keys rather than specific ranges, especially given you'd have to work through the lower-level keys to get the higher-level quests - not terribly important given the loot you get from those chests is largely irrelevant at this stage of development regardless but something to consider for later.
    I thought the level-range keys were fine - as a high-level, some quests took considerably less effort for me, so I'm fine not getting rewarded with high-level gear for them.

Also, iirc, both Lord Serbule and Mortimer dropped a level-specific key. If that had been a universal key, I think there would be considerable temptation by max-level players to farm them repeatedly since they can be solo'd.

That being said, I ended up with assorted event keys taking up 5 or 6 different slots in my inventory while I was trying to decide what loot I wanted, and I thought the inventory hog was rather a pain.

Thread Footer