Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If anyone on a MAC is experiencing issues and you are using an external monitor (i.e. a laptop connected to an external monitor) please unplug the external monitor and report back. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    As noted in the patch notes, unfortunately, there were no MAC specific fixes in this patch. Please remain patient as we continue to work through the issues.
    I understand there were no Mac fixes in this update I was just making sure to bring up that there is an added issue from the May 11 update. I have not been able to navigate out of Rahu or Serbule since they are both locking up and I have no other location to get to from Noob Island at this time. If I can be dropped in a different zone to test that would be great (random is fine)

Also an external monitor seems to have no effect for me one way or another.

Thanks

EDIT: I did perform all of the 3D/Water fixes and Rahu seemed to be working again for a miniute. Can't stay in Rahu for more than a few seconds and it locks up. Its not just Serbule having issues

EDIT 2: Made it to Kur after many reboots and slowely moving that direction. To top it off I drank a few beers and kept turning lol

EDIT 3: While less of an issue as its only happened once, I did freeze up (required a reboot) in Eltibule while gardening. I was planting barley and when I turned the camera it locked up. The difference here was relogging did not instantly freeze again and there was no need to unstickchar.
    Last edited by Moki Mofiki; 05-12-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i also froze twice while afk in the garden in Elt after Mofiki told me he did. i did send a crash log. i am going to test Rahu in a sec and report. Someone who is using linux told me to lower the game screen size while in Serb. i will try that too though this is of course not a solution

Update: logged in in Elt Garden and froze... :/
    Last edited by Rowina; 05-12-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not using an external monitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *********** Potential workaround on Mac Retina? *********
    Tried settings below, played for two hours, reloaded several times between 2 accounts, used multiple toons - in & around Rahu & Serbule, including 'Go to the Light'

Settings:
    2560 x 1440, Fastest, Auto-adjust off
    Advanced Overrides
    All at default apart from trees
    Set Tree Draw distance, Max High-res Trees & Tree Billboard distance to 0

Looks weird, but currently able to play
    FPS in Serbule = 48 to 50

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesssss Poulter your solution works for me too!!! i just got a "pooooof" crash once and no more. no vegetation and i am good in serb town too...!!! So i hope that gives you guys some info about what's crashing us on mac. i am so glad to be back in serb!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alas, it's not working for me. I'm still getting some massive memory leak which is just flat crashing it before it finishes loading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poulter View Post
    *********** Potential workaround on Mac Retina? *********
    Tried settings below, played for two hours, reloaded several times between 2 accounts, used multiple toons - in & around Rahu & Serbule, including 'Go to the Light'

Settings:
    2560 x 1440, Fastest, Auto-adjust off
    Advanced Overrides
    All at default apart from trees
    Set Tree Draw distance, Max High-res Trees & Tree Billboard distance to 0

Looks weird, but currently able to play
    FPS in Serbule = 48 to 50
    I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test (Mothersday weekend has been busy for me). That said I just logged in and it seems to be working well. Thank you Poulter so much for the workaround.

EDIT: So I am in Eltibule gardening and every time I grab water and start to turn right to run back to the gardening area I freeze up and have to relog. It seems like every time a fix is found it is temporary or has to be completed with each relog
    Last edited by Moki Mofiki; 05-15-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moki Mofiki View Post
    I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test (Mothersday weekend has been busy for me). That said I just logged in and it seems to be working well. Thank you Poulter so much for the workaround.

EDIT: So I am in Eltibule gardening and every time I grab water and start to turn right to run back to the gardening area I freeze up and have to relog. It seems like every time a fix is found it is temporary or has to be completed with each relog
    Mofiki i had the same but since i disabled all vegitation with the 2 tree settings my game is ugly and bare but i can play it with almost no freezing including Elt garden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it stands I have turned off all vegetation and the game is running much better. That said there are still 2 places that I freeze every time and it is situational it seems as well. Here are my scenarios:

Walking into the market are with all the player shops I freeze although if I back into the shops I can go to each vendor without issue. I tested this several times with the same result lol. Its funny but true. I walk backwards all over the area and the occasional 1 second glitch, when I turn around and take 2 steps forward it freezes completely.

second is walking up to Joeh I freeze every time as I start to enter his home. If I back into the home and get behind him so I can talk with him it is fine. Again funny but true on several attempts.

I have noticed an increase in freezes at night in Serbule vs day time. This seems to be the most noticeable difference between almost free reign and constant freezing.

Thread Footer