Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buggy Behavior: I presently have Knife Fighting as Primary and Psychology as Secondary. When I mouse over the XP bars above the ability bars, it properly gives me my knife fighting XP on the left, but the right side one is listed as Druid and it is giving me my Druid level/XP.

Cosmetic but impacts gameplay: The cooldown timer is very difficult to see against an icon that is very light in color (like many of the psych icons)
    Last edited by xerandus; 11-12-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buggy Functionality: I got the "Fiery Secrets" quest from marna somehow (I don't think I missclicked, will try to reproduce), but I'm unable to abandon it. When I click on the confirmation button "Really Abort Quest" nothing happens. Clicking "No, I want to keep it after all" works...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poetry Jam today, graphics set at "fastest", frame rate was between 3 and 3.6 fps. I'm pretty sure I do better under the old UI with "beautiful" graphics.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #54
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Slight change of plans from my earlier comment about a new build tomorrow: I can't fix enough bugs by tomorrow to make a new download worthwhile. So we're going to roll that build into the next "real" test, which will be next weekend.

We learned a TON from this test, thanks to your feedback. We're going to take this build offline shortly, because if you haven't seen this build yet, I'd rather you wait until the next one. I want to get your first impressions of that build instead. (If next weekend's build seems markedly better, we may leave that build up indefinitely -- or if I feel like it sucks, we'll take it down after a couple days, too. We'll play it by ear.) Thanks again for your patience and help.

Also, if you already downloaded this one: there are some exploitable issues in this build. Please do not exploit them! If you do, we will have to ban you, which is a huge pain for us as well as you. Just don't. Thank you!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    [*] The color remapping of armor to orange and power to blue is intentional. It seems more intuitive (for new players) that health and armor are colored similarly.
    Thanks for the explanation! In that case, the party UI is incorrect: Armor is blue for group members in both the compact and non-compact version. (But yellow/orange for myself or my pets or target.).

Missing functionality to semi-gamebreaking: I tried attending today's poetry jam in the new UI and the game completely locked up for me. I started out around 30fps in Serbule, dropped down to 5 in the poetry corner, and then had weird black boxes popping up at me that may have been the poems (but that were totally black for me). After a few seconds of that, my game became completely unresponsive and stopped updating any graphics at all. I eventually just killed it. ( I used the old UI to walk out of that corner and was fine with the new UI after that again, so it's just something about either the poetry reading or all those people clumped into one spot. I tried the poetry corner in the new UI a second time with the same lockup result.)
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-12-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windows 10

Missing functionality - Can't save or change keybinds,keybind pop up won't go away without hitting escape.

Missing functionality - Right click auto-move to interact doesn't do anything

Missing functionality - Couldn't place any new pins in without naming them something,wouldn't remove the pin unless I deleted the name for that pin.Couldn't just place and remove a generic pin.

Buggy functionality -Training a recipe leaves the recipe on the list , until you relog/rezone where it updates to what you'd normally expect.

Buggy functionality - Transmutation recipes are borked more than usual, Simple level 60 crossbow have to be distilled with the rare recipes.
    Ditto for a simple level 60 staff I tried.
    Had to use the exceptional level 0-30 recipe to transmute a level 60 epic necklace.
    Had a level 60 simple ring fit in all the simple transmutation recipes,ran it at 0-30 and spat out the expected phlog.
    Returns the expected Phlog though so there's that but still transmutation seemed all over the place.

Feedback/Suggestion - Left click auto-uses and or equips stuff,have to be very careful about targeting while moving stuff around your inventory or there's a lot of accidentally equiping nonsense right before a fight.
    Easy to try to transmute something that you accidentally equipped. Some kind of delay before going straight to the use would be nice.

Feedback/Suggestion - base items and legendaries share the same color text when you mouse over,a bit offputting and hard to see at a glance what the rarity is of stuff when you are looting.
    Return base to white and include the glowing on loot would be nice.

Feedback/Suggestion - The ability used shading isn't immediately noticable on some abilities I.E. the green on grey with psych skills made it hard to see what's what,if we could have an option to set the shading to something darker/different collor would be nice.

Feedback/Suggestion- Changing abilities without the old persona tab was a major pain and not at all intuitive,can we have an ability tab off persona again please or even better a dedicated ability button for the right hand sidebar?

I do like the direction you are going here though,I really like the new combat bars and load out button sitting right there front and center is great.
    Got a kick out of seeing exactly how much damage was remaining on mobs for a change.
    The make the world brighter toggle option was nice,really helps to see in the dark a lot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last report on the 11/11 build that I forgot to post:

Buggy functionality: A good many items are listed as "good gifts" for Suspicious Cow and Helena Veilmoor, but (at least for Suspicious Cow) the reaction to these gifts, in textual and numerical terms, is underwhelming. This was true for gold nuggets and onions (both gave the lukewarm "oh. thanks" response with minimal Favor), and is probably true for a bunch of other listed items that I didn't get around to testing out.
    I only tested Suspicious Cow, but the situation is probably the same with Helena, as their likes and dislikes appear identical in every way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impressions of the new UI

Performance
    First I would like to reiterate what I see as the major functionality issue with the new UI so far: performance. During today's poetry reading, several people noted their FPS had dropped to, and remained at, <3.00, which in practice may have been at effectively unplayable levels of 1-2 FPS and would have rendered the game virtually unplayable in any other situation. Granted, this event is obviously an extreme example of how taxing the game can be, but the performance hit seems substantial and could be problematic moving forward to a full Steam release, considering the large influx of players we will see then.

Quest Tracker Dismissal (Missing Functionality)
    I noticed that to dismiss the quest tracker, you must find each quest from the quest screen and toggle the "Track" button. A simple "x" beside each quest on the tracker screen itself would be nice.

Lists (Cosmetic)
    The next issue I would like to bring to light is cosmetic, but in practice becomes a sort of "quality of life" issue: the amount of space between items of text listed in columns. I believe it is too large and makes finding items in a list more challenging than it was previously, in terms of both the amount of scrolling required and of readability. It may be that the increased level of visual weight each item has lends it to taking more time to read, but as it is, it is more difficult to find what you need than it was previously. As a small aside, the recent change to alphabetize quests in the old UI was wonderful and should be brought to the new UI.

Icon Resolution (Cosmetic)
    It seems to have dropped a noticeable degree since I updated to the new UI.

Appearance Updates (Cosmetic)
    Last but not least, it looks nice, modern, and unique to Project: Gorgon. I am really liking the direction of it and the general design scheme of it. The scale is a little odd, however, (though I may just need to spend a good deal of time adjusting settings), and there are bugs as others have mentioned. I won't lie, I am definitely not a fan of the character portraits, however, at least at this stage in development, though the targeted item pictures are nice. An option do disable these would certainly be appreciated.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality: 2 Velkort in gifting tab for things he likes

Buggy functionality: gifting doesn't seem to reflect gear that has a skill prerequisite like archery stuff isn't seen as a good gift for Huntress.

Cosmetic: guild spending shows regular councils not guild credit in the Its a Deal area at the top. Seems to still work properly in taking credits.

Feedback/Suggestion: When clicking the setting button you start on Keybinding, I would rather start on the system tab. You get access to ping, fps, and logout that way

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I'm back on the old UI, I'm realizing how many cool and useful new features and how much customizability is packed into the new one. That said, one more critique I forgot to add in my other suggestions was the difference between text font style/font color in the 2 UI's. I think the color choices of the new UI in some menus (dark text on lighter/beige backgrounds) made it harder to read things like the recipe menu and NPC shop menu. The old UI's choice of white/light text on darker/black backgrounds seems a lot sharper and easier to read IMO. Things seemed a bit fuzzier in the new one, like I had to strain my eyes a bit more to read things. ** I'm not sure if it's just my eyes and crappy computer though, so that's a possibility too. Just wanted to point it out.

Thanks for the preview.

Thread Footer