Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Should the rage gauge reset?

I often run into this issue, while travelling, or getting ready to attack a difficult target: if a previous fight did not end with mobs killed, they keep their rage bar loaded, and will discharge their rage attack quickly on the next character unfortunate to aggro them.

Typical examples of trash mobs for which this matters include bears, beetles, ogres. Bosses are expected to use their rage attack eventually, or even multiple times, but for those that stun/displace/disable it often means a bad start.

I haven't seen this discussed. Is it expected and intended? Desirable? I would have expected the rage bar to slowly return to zero after a fight ends.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's coded that way intentionally, as a sort of "you can't make me stop being angry just by dying!" sort of thing. I also think it adds something to the game to see that somebody has been here before you ... and left some monsters angry about it. There are pros and cons in terms of balance (rage-control becomes more important... is that good or bad? We can't say until later in the balancing work), so that hasn't really factored into it.

I guess I feel like it's not really a big deal, but if it's causing a lot of unhappiness we can change it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    I often run into this issue, while travelling, or getting ready to attack a difficult target: if a previous fight did not end with mobs killed, they keep their rage bar loaded, and will discharge their rage attack quickly on the next character unfortunate to aggro them.

Typical examples of trash mobs for which this matters include bears, beetles, ogres. Bosses are expected to use their rage attack eventually, or even multiple times, but for those that stun/displace/disable it often means a bad start.

I haven't seen this discussed. Is it expected and intended? Desirable? I would have expected the rage bar to slowly return to zero after a fight ends.
    I actually quite enjoy it. It means that I always have to be on my toes. I can't just jump from one battle to the next with my brain turned off. I need to pay attention to where there rage bar is when I engage in a fight and throughout. I hate getting stunned and hate waiting for me to be able to act again (In a positive way) so I like this aspect of the game.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be going off topic a bit, but I like other things not resetting - e.g. ghosts that have been stunned once will remain in a vulnerable state.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    It's coded that way intentionally, as a sort of "you can't make me stop being angry just by dying!" sort of thing. I also think it adds something to the game to see that somebody has been here before you ... and left some monsters angry about it. There are pros and cons in terms of balance (rage-control becomes more important... is that good or bad? We can't say until later in the balancing work), so that hasn't really factored into it.

I guess I feel like it's not really a big deal, but if it's causing a lot of unhappiness we can change it.
    Makes sense to me.. ..if someone tried to kill me and I managed to get the best of em; i'd be pretty hot headed for a while. Maybe just a very slow decline... ya know, as they cool off a bit..

Our meters refill after we win a fight; If you don't win and the mob is pissed; makes sense he wouldn't instantly be unpissed "Oh you just tried to kill me, but we're cool now bro. ..wait - yer trying to kill me again? ...i'm gonna get mad at you all over again!"
    "We few, we happy few - we band of piggies."

Thread Footer