Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @LaRaj doesn't create chat room command work? I understand not everyone uses voice chat but we can still create a chat room only for a specific bunch of people and everyone involved in a run would use it instead of group chat.

Off topic-I don't have a clue how crypt would be in its current form but with many more players (probably crowded) but I kinda agree with Roekai (make pigs fly now please), I'd miss it. Don't mind me, I miss the old tutorial cave so much that I sometimes go in its replica just for old times' sake. Maybe if the crypt gets redone it could be just a design improvement and not a complete overhaul?

@what Crissa posted-few people suggested this already-we could get a group summon because in long dungeons like GK sometimes people need to leave half way and there's no way to replace them atm. Maybe a new teleport skill called "group summon" that would require some gems or whatever to allow us to replace a group member.

PS I get it's mildly off topic but no thoughts on a mentoring feature? It's kinda connected to the group size/communication issue.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 07-12-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also be sad to see the crypt changed. I enjoy the crazy level spread. It adds a bit of a challenge for me: This time, when I go back to the crypt, can I go into that area where I died miserably before? Can I reach the next chest? (If I was choosing a low level dungeon to revise, I'd pick on the Sewers: The rat portion is pretty trivial, while the dinosaur/slime portion is about impossible to solo unless you are high enough level that you no longer care about the loot available in that area, and it's really not big enough to bother searching for a group.)

On the group size: How about allowing a group size of 5-10, with 5 getting complete xp, and the xp gradually decreasing until there is none or almost none at 10? It seems that would allow people to be either social or challenge-focused, as they prefer. And if there is a group of 11 friends that really wants to group together, they can split into two groups of 6 and 5, which at least leaves nobody with a non-viable group. As LaRaj suggested, loot could be adjusted so that only the first x group members get loot, regardless of the group size. Or maybe have some special bonus items that will only drop below a certain group size. Or maybe restrict item mods, so that groups bigger than 6 will never have yellow items drop for them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walk into a dungeon 2 paths before you, 1) hardcore limited to x players, 2) social limited to x players.

First one is the actual dungeon limit of 3 or 5 or 6, whatever. Second is limit of 10, reduction on xp and loot.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the sewers have a huge pathing problem as you'll end up with long chains of critters attacking you. It's death for anyone below 40 and the highest loot is in the teens.

...But it does have the travel ring and neckpiece that drops there...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its settled then Citan.

If both Khaylara and I agree on something, you KNOW it has to be right.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We agree on SOME things lol. For example I'm more than willing to test a 3 group size, the only thing that worries me there is the time it would take to run a dungeon, tried already and it's like 3 hrs minimum to run GK with 3 people (sorry it's too long to be done daily or even more often, it's very draining). Tbh I think most people who are not okay with reducing 10 to 6 are older players who have troubles adjusting to the change. It would be very interesting to get feedback from new people who never experienced a 10 ppl group and see if 6 is really a problem or we're just creating one. Maybe new people find it normal or adequate. We do have tools for the social aspect, we should really focus on gameplay.

Something i strongly disagree with was the evasion mechanic applied to everything and their mother. It still exists now but in a more polished form (see the ranged mobs in GK, imho it's been done the right way there).
    Last edited by Khaylara; 07-13-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Tbh I think most people who are not okay with reducing 10 to 6 are older players who have troubles adjusting to the change. It would be very interesting to get feedback from new people who never experienced a 10 ppl group and see if 6 is really a problem or we're just creating one. Maybe new people find it normal or adequate. We do have tools for the social aspect, we should really focus on gameplay.
    Well, I'm an older player but I've never done any groups in PG, so I'm not sure what category that makes me. Possibly the category who shouldn't post in this thread.

I have grouped in other MMOs, and I still vividly remember the drama when I was in a small guild and we had 7 people show up for a planned dungeon run - maximum 6 allowed. It didn't help that that game had certain required classes, so the people playing those classes were automatically in, while the superfluous dps had to compete for the remaining spots. I suppose we could have been social and just hung out in town together and chatted, but really, the reason we all logged in that day was that we wanted to run that dungeon in a guild group.

So, from that perspective, I really like a more relaxed approach to the group size - sometimes you just want to bring one or two more people along, and sometimes you are one person short of the optimal group. I understand that makes it really hard for the devs to balance content, and I do like a challenge, too.

I like my 5-10 group size idea for the social aspect (although I'm sure if someone tried to implement it, it would suck ). We could have dungeons balanced for 6.5 people, so 5 people would be hard mode, 6-7 people normal, and 8-10 if you are under-leveled or just having fun. It could also work with different groups sizes, like max 8, and dungeons balanced for 5 people. There would just ("just") need to be loot adjustments, so that people would actually prefer to run the smaller group sizes if they want good loot.

I don't really like the idea of limiting groups to 3. I think that would make it too difficult to bring along less than optimal players. We could maybe have one special challenge dungeon that only allows groups of 3, but I think the majority of dungeons should allow for bigger groups.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats wrong with my idea of having groups of 3 be able to link up together? That way, the buffs and balancing will be as intended. Three groups linked up to form a party of 9, but you only get the group buffs of your individual group of 3.

How many groups you could link together would depend on the dungeon; 1 group in places like Eltibule Crypt and Serbule Seweres, 2 groups in places like Borghild and Winter Nexus, and then 3 groups in places like Gazaluk Keep and The Labyrinth.

Whichever group did the most damage would get all the experience, and the loot could be automatically set on turns, so that each group is only getting 1/2 or 1/3 of the loot depending on how many groups are linked.

This way, you would be incentivized to have smaller groups, but could do larger groups if you wanted to sacrifice exp and loot.

I obviously think this is the best solution, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. What do you guys think, specifically of what is right or wrong with this idea.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "most damage" point would be a mistake.
    Make the groups take turns in getting the loot. Cut the exp in 3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that makes more sense; I like it.

Thread Footer