Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show Guild membership on the forum account!

As the title says. Optional, ofc.
    TL;DR: just skip the rest, nothing you don't already know in there

Suppose Average Joe's normal life-cycle in a MMO goes like this:
    1. Getting used to settings and UI
    2. Exploring the world
    3. Running into questions you can't quite figure out on your own
    4. Optional: getting [slightly] pissed off
    5. Looking for the answers--may include support, the forums or joining a Guild

If you can see many helpful posts from people from a certain Guild, you might want to join that Guild. I mean, if that's what you're looking for, people who know stuff.
    Likewise, if there's other stuff you're interested in (PvP, boss fights, crafting, etc), posts on those topics might give you ideas which Guild is right for you.
    Yes, I know, many cool people never write anything on the forums. Known a few people like that myself. Well, it's just an idea not some miracle cure, obviously.
    So... You're still here, reading? Nice, thanx!
    Last edited by Fifth; 08-01-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typo
    freelancing Teleport Denier

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Hi,

To a great extent the forum names and the game names do not match up at all because the accounts are not the same. People sometimes do put guild names on their signatures, but even matching up the forum names with game names is iffy.

However, there is a thread for guild recruitment which lists most of the recruiters. This Guild Index represents the state of guilds in game at the moment: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ll=1#post11465 From the work I've done in keeping this updated, I can tell you honestly that guilds and guild membership fluctuates a lot.

Many recruiters have tags next to their names in game if you do a /who all or look at the social tab.

Hope that helps. See you in game.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of like the idea of having an "Guild:" entry in the forum profile that a player could fill out themselves if they liked, similar to the "Location:" we already have. E.g. Fifth right now shows "Location: Kekistan" in the info to the left of their post - there could be a guild entry in addition to that.

Of course, if someone really wanted to promote their guild while posting, they could also just add it to their signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I kind of like the idea of having an "Guild:" entry in the forum profile that a player could fill out themselves if they liked.
    Without having a way to verify membership in-game with the guild, especially with it being free-text this seems like it would leave itself open for exploit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of what you have in your profile is free text, and the guild tag is maybe the only thing people can verify in game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the problem with forum names not matching the in-game avatar names is irrelevant.
    Just take a moment and look at it from the bigger picture. There's some useful posts on the forum, posts you find smart and informative. So you join the guild this person is in. Doesn't matter if you got his name right. You're joining the guild, not a specific person.
    So, let's just drop that one.

Then there's another, slightly more complicated problem with signatures. I have been a leader of a big guild (thankless job, a smart person would avoid it... ). Anyway, some people seem to think ours was one of the best guilds in the game. How much time and effort did I spend advertising for my guild? None. Quite the opposite. I spent a lot of time politely refusing the join requests to the guild. It's the bad guilds that need advertisement, the good ones often end up being very picky and exclusive. Which, curiously enough, works out as the best advertisement possible...

So, how's all this connected to the topic at hand?
    Advertising for your guild in your signature and just simply stating what guild you belong to aren't necessarily the same thing. See my point? I hope you do. But if not, that's OK by me as well. Just putting some ideas out there, if they're good they'll fly, if not, well then they prolly were't that good in the 1st place.
    freelancing Teleport Denier

Thread Footer