Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Missing: "Bourbon" correctly displays the number of doses left, but not the flavor ingredients. This information is quite useful when trying to recreate a barrel of liquor from a known working recipe.

Missing: the lore recipe "Expert Augury" (and probably other similar recipes) does not display the remaining time before this recipe can be used again. The game correctly tells you when you try too early.

Cosmetic: vital bars over the head of monsters are super small for me (my resolution: 2560x1440, GUI scale 2.00). It does not seem possible to enlarge them. The rage bar "purple on black" is therefore unreadable. Fortunately the rage bar in the NPC window is large enough to be readable. Perhaps the bar on the selected monster could be larger?
    Also, perhaps these vital bars should be displayed only over monsters that have on aggro you? Or on someone?

Missing: I can't find any icon for the wordhunt game.

Cosmetic: someone else reported it, but I will too: the chat line to enter text does not scale with the chat window and font.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: My map pins flipped vertically on the map. I am somewhat new so I had the portal to serbule hills marked, and it is now at the very top, by the dock.

Cosmetic: Social > Who's Online - The player notes column spills over into the first column if the note needs to wrap to a second line. Resizing the window makes it very obvious what is going on.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bug: Secondary Character has Quests on their Quest list that are from main characters quest list. Secondary character has never been to Gazluk let alone Gazluk Keep but has all the same quests for that area that the main character currently has. Quiting and Relogging, corrects the list. Seems to happen when you log out of one character and then log in with the other character.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @xerandus - please log in with that character, wait a minute or so until you're sure it's dead, and then get me the log file. (To find the log file: when you start the launcher, it says where it's downloading to. If you navigate to that directory in Explorer, and go down one more directory, you'll find an output_log.txt file. If you do a file-find for output_log.txt you should find it, too, but note that the launcher makes an output_log.txt file, but that one's useless here.)

If you can send the log to eric@projectgorgon.com I'd appreciate it!

Then you can log in with a different character and use "/unstickchar charname" (where charname is the name of your stuck character). It will teleport the character back to the newbie island.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggestion: It would be nice to have an option to disable the "left click to use" functionality. (I keep accidentally using things.)

Suggestion: Could we have some hotbar slots for inventory items? I want to disable the functionality described above but not lose out on the ability to quickly use potions in combat.

Cosmetic: If a storage is full, you cannot stack items into it unless you drop them on top of actual storage slots. You CANNOT use the grey background behind them. If the storage is NOT full, you CAN use the background.
    Last edited by Ebonwind; 11-20-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Citan Sorry, I already had unstuck the character in a brute-force way: Copied the old UI files over the new (I had made a copy before download the new UI), launched the game under the old UI, logged in and selected the character. I successfully completed the teleport to the cave. I then quit, copied the new UI files over the old, launched (and interestingly there were some new files downloaded), logged in and the character was still in the cave.

Edit: I just tried to replicate and it is didn't get stuck at the loading additional assets point.
    Last edited by xerandus; 11-20-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very often new lines in the All chat window overwrite the previous line rather than have a line feed followed by the new line. This leads to chat disappearing from the window. If I switch to a different tab (like Global) then back again the lines reappear, but any new ones again are overwritten.

I'm also not a fan of the left-click functionality. I am equipping things when I want to click and drag them.

Edit:

I hear the sound for quest updates, but not message. No overlay.
    Last edited by xerandus; 11-20-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: When using hot keys to switch between loadouts, the star loadout menu doesn't know about the switch and displays the last mouse-selected loadout instead.

Bug: I don't see any save options for loadouts, and equipping an item while in a loadout no longer saves it to that loadout like I thought it did before. For example, I'm in loadout 9, equip a helm, mouse or key switch to loadout 8, then mouse or key switch back to loadout 9, and the helm is not equipped.

Cosmetic: When trading, the trade windows shows the number of traded items even for non-stackable items. For example, I'll try to trade a bow and see a "1" at the bottom of the bow icon in my trade window.

Cosmetic: When looking at the gifting info for an item, it shows favor levels with spaces in it as one word, e.g. "LikeFamily" rather than "Like Family"

Cosmetic: When looking at stacked items in my inventory, I find the text saying how many items are in the stack very hard to read.

Cosmetic: Sometimes, when looking at Joeh's storage via the inventory shelf, I will get an automatic comparison to my currently equipped item when just hovering my mouse over an item without clicking alt. I found this pretty hard to reproduce. I'd describe the approximate steps as 1. Look at items in my inventory with Alt 2. open Storage Shelf > Joeh 3. Hovering over items in my inventory or Joeh's storage now shows my equipped item too. However, I have also done those steps a couple times without the comparison window popping up. On the third repeat though, I got the comparison window again. ( I can't say I mind this behavior at all, but it seems a bit off since we are supposed to press the alt key now).

Feedback: I'm really happy to have the new UI back - I missed it while going back to the old UI last week, and having an updated version of the new UI now is great. I like the new cooldown timer on abilities - much nicer than initially.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-20-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quest log bug: Just say X quest has alot of text associated with it. Clicking a different with a lesser amount of text will have the box blank requiring the player to scroll to fix.
    Fishing Bug: Catching fish via a key allows the player to catch 2-4 extra fish if the button is spammed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bug: Not sure if it is related to the UI but I'm currently not getting the night cycle. It is Daylight all day long. 3AM in game looks like noon.

Additional: Eltibule seems alright lighting wise, but Serbule is not changing.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 11-21-2017 at 03:34 AM.

Thread Footer