Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SassySusie, Relax these small changes are why were are testing the game. Lycan to the devs is OP they are fixing it. It is gets nerfed too much they fix it again. Its why we paid to test the game and play in alpha and beta...Have you looked at damage types and mitigations of the wolves. I have seen a lycan tank a GK boss with no issues and he had lower health and armor than me, we had a dedicated healer but he did damn good job. Changes suck at times and try not to take it to heart changes will be made and often upset a few players. Try to stay positive

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I stand by the idea that Lycan isn't OP, it's Skulk (One of their abilities) that is OP. It did get heavily nerfed in the last patch along with a bunch of other stuff due to the damage formula changes, but it's still quite strong.

Just to give a rough idea, a modded Skulk before the last patch could add 359 to 445 damage to an attack, which can double to triple the damage of most attacks (Bite for example, does 280). Then another Skulk mod multiplied crushing damage by over 200% which multiplied the original bonus as well as any other bonuses you had. Skulk was essentially a button that could multiply the damage of your next attack by 3 to 6 times depending on what it was and your set up into it.

The easiest combo is Skulk into Bite since Bite is a Lycan attack, but essentially any crushing attack can work. Bite can be an AoE and is available to all Lycan builds, so most Lycan players typically use Bite as their follow up. Previously, combos with Lycan/Unarmed could potentially hit for over 25k to a single target. The last patch heavily weakened the crushing damage multiplier so it's more like 2-3x damage depending on the move now, but it's still quite clearly the most dominant aspect of Lycan.

Skulk's existence over the years has always baffled me. Things like the lack of a cast time even when Spider's weaker equivalent had a 5 second cast time (now 3 or 1) and the 120%+ bonus to crushing when most damage type buffs are around 10%-30% has always greatly confused me. It's always stuck out like a sore thumb to me for years, and it has gone through many "Nerf waves" unscathed until recently. I assume that the original idea of the ability might have been to use it outside of combat and sneak up on enemies as a sort of "Stealth kill", but the lack of a cast time means it can just be used mid-combat as part of a combo.

I would like to state once again though that I believe Lycan is actually on the weaker side without Skulk, so I believe the "Removal" of it would be too large of a nerf. Currently however I think Skulk is too domineering in that every Lycan build should have it not just because of it's strength but also since the other parts of Lycan are a bit lackluster overall. Although Citan is clearly implying Lycan players should expect some pain from nerfs, I think he's also saying he's improving other aspects of Lycan so they can be useful without the ridiculous "Multiply your damage by 300-600%" button. It might not be as fun as decimating enemies with a 9k damage AoE nuke, but hopefully it gives Lycans more flexibility on how to build and improves the skillset overall.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 04-03-2019 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    You can go to a transmutation table and find the mod that you aren't allowed to reroll. As in, item shows six mods, but the transmutation table will only allow you to reroll 5. The augmented mod is the 6th... if I'm understanding you correctly.
    That's a nice work around... thank you! But I would still like to have a notation system on the item with a simple mark to note which power has been added.

Quote Originally Posted by SassySusie View Post
    Well I was waiting patiently to see what was going to change with Lycan because after the last nerf I can not even run in Gazluk nor Gazluk dungeons without dying over and over again. So my days are done with Lycan.
    Are you saying you can't solo in Gazluk Keep anymore? If that is the case then I think that is a good change for the game. I honestly dont want to see anyone in GK soloing mobs intended to be killed by a group of 6 people. And yes that means that I would like to see unarmed and psychology leveled off with a bunch of other skills in terms of survivability. That's in part why I made the GK thread exposing a lot of the cheese you see in the zone that maybe should be changed to make combat more challenging/interesting.

As an outsider looking in to the werewolf window I can say that lycan was pretty OP for a long time. I have hopes that the skill will be re-tuned to make it a much more enjoyable experience overall. At the same time I think the writing was on the wall with this one as wolves got to enjoy a great deal of power for a very long time.

I have a feeling that it might get changed for the worse but in time will eventually feel whole again (so in essence lycan will be the brother of necromancy). Unfortunately that is the nature of a game in development that things can go from a very high point to a crashing low. I can somewhat relate as I quit battlechemistry when the aoe nerf hit last year and I think a lot of people did the same. A number of people moved to wolf to use that aoe combo which somehow survived the other nerf.

Nobody wants their build to get ruined but I eventually came to realize that the aoe nerf was good for the game. The new teleport ability sounds really cool so maybe don't knock the changes until you try them? There may be some buffs to healing/defense that counterbalance the loss of spike damage. It's also quite possible wolf might be completely fine if you shuffle your mods/powerset a bit.

Looking at wolf and hammer you can see they both lost the ability to end a fight at a moment's notice. That's a balance issue when you compare them to all the other skills in the game. It's not a good idea to have some setups end a fight in 4-5 attacks when an equal quality gear/damge setup need 8-10 attacks using different professions.

Archery should be the highest dps skill in the game. It costs you quite a bit to keep churning out arrows made with spruce. This skill also costs you inventory slots and that means loss of money because you can't carry as much as the next guy. If nothing else it means you probably cant do the work orders for spruce over 4x characters every month. That is a lot of money down the drain!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    Just to give a rough idea, a modded Skulk before the last patch could add 359 to 445 damage to an attack, which can double to triple the damage of most attacks (Bite for example, does 280). Then another Skulk mod multiplied crushing damage by over 200% which multiplied the original bonus as well as any other bonuses you had. Skulk was essentially a button that could multiply the damage of your next attack by 3 to 6 times.

The easiest combo is Skulk into Bite since Bite is a Lycan attack, but essentially any crushing attack can work. Bite can be an AoE and is available to all Lycan builds, so most Lycan players typically use Bite as their follow up. Previously, combos with Lycan/Unarmed could potentially hit for over 25k to a single target.

Skulk's existence over the years has always baffled me. I assume that the original idea of the ability might have been to use it outside of combat and sneak up on enemies as a sort of "Stealth kill", but the lack of a cast time means it can just be used mid-combat as part of a combo.
    Looking at those numbers it really shouldn't shock anyone that wolf got nerfed. I feel bad for anyone using an 'honest' wolf build but it was pretty clear something was wrong with lycan overall.

Most level 70 characters in max enchanted gear would have difficulty doing as much damage as the pre-nerf lycan with their entire bar of moves going off at once! That's a pretty good indication that wolf might have just been a wee bit strong.
    Last edited by Golliathe; 04-03-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience is that almost every time there has been a 'nerf', the game play has benefitted in the medium term (excluding Animal Handling e.g. no more tanking manticores with pets).

Personally, i have felt the same as Sassie does at this time, but have to say, it passes once you adapt to it.
    e.g.
    'Compulsory' use of food and snacks. Every build unusable due to running out of power. Learnt cooking, cheese making and flower appreciation

Hammer /Mentalism Electricity build. Damage types reclassified. Damage output very low. Went to Archery

Archery critical damage reduction. Went from 13k+ crits to <4k. (2 big nerfs). Went Fire /BC

Fire /BC AOE nerfs. Went from AOE on c. 18 panthers at once to 4. Went Spider /Druid Poison build

Waiting for Poison nerf? Watch this space

All the above 'hurt' at the time, but they have improved the game.

Werewolf damage:
    Whilst not contradicting Yaffy's points, I am one of those people saying Werewolf damage is OP as per current builds.

When Rum first started the random mob events, we conducted some informal testing on > 1 million+ health mobs.
    I was in max crafted with augmented gold gear (58+ mods) using archery /druid or fire /BC.
    The werewolves were in lesser gear (mainly GK dropped gear which had been modded & auged) c. 50 to 54 mods(?)

The werewolves regularly did twice my total damage each whether I used archery or fire.

So yes, werewolves do need a review, but hopefully it won't destroy them as a play style (as werewolf is a 'life-style' choice and not just a skill-combo).
    Last edited by poulter; 04-03-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SassySusie wow your Lucan numbers are pretty much on par with hammer abilities now! Same thing too can't kill things as easily as all my other builds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I would really like to see for Lycan is a second aoe. Please! Single target builds are really only good for one thing, and that is group dgs. Single target builds can pick off a mob very quickly, making the rest of the fight easier with fewer mobs, and are great for bosses. Lycan however has to be very effective in solo play as well since it is a life choice and you are stuck as Lycan 3 days each month, which means always dealing with 3 (and often more) mobs. That is the reason why everyone built up bite to crazy levels of damage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going to nerf a skill line please allow us to drop it should we wish to. I probably won't even play at all for the duration of the full moon.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @katoosh I think it's fair to be given choice to drop one of these "curses". Dangerous weapons were removed because devs screwed up apparently, so we made some choices and only right to be given opportunity to get rid of something. You picked a skill and it was great now it's nerfed to shit and you're supposed to keep it? It's only beta stage and the game is trial and error on both sides.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're hitting for five digits, you will eventually get nerfed in at least two consecutive patches. That's basically become a law around here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War caches seem like a cool idea, you might want to make them level 55/60 though instead of 50.

Dailies kind of take care of 45-50 gearing, there is no labs daily however, thus a gap at 51-69.

Can't comment on Lycan stuff as I am not a Lycan, except to say that a nerf isn't always a nerf if it makes the playstyle more fun and varied, I'd wait and see before going nuts over it. That being said, still nothing wrong with voicing concerns.

Thread Footer