Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    There is no instancing, but stronger players are in Rahu sewers only because they are capped in content, and it's new. In a released game, there doesn't seem be any particular reason a high level player would do that.

The "solo" part means only few mobs are elite. With some balancing it can be tuned so you can crawl through it solo or in a duo, as intended.
    I think the bigger issue was just running past me and killing all the mobs, sometimes not even burying the corpses. I'm not sure how it worked in AC for example as I never played it as much as other MMO's but if I ever come across someone in a dungeon trying to slowly work their way along I'll go elsewhere or wait. Just common courtesy really. It's not just this dungeon though where it happens of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if instead of skulk producing a smoke screen that pisses everyone off the players avatar became slightly more translucent? Its the same concept of camouflage making you hard to see but it actually makes you hard to see and not just obscure everyone's vision. Could take it a step further and they just become invisible to everyone. Not only are they camoed at that point but graphic draw would be reduced also. As if a very short lived potion of invisibility was built into each use of the skill. Untill damage was taken from an AOE or they dealt damage

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to say, although I have been pretty negative about the damage formula change in regards to elemental bonuses, one thing I very much like about the change is how it affects "Bonus damage to vulnerable targets".

I always thought the vulnerability mechanic was a kind of neat idea. It gives incentive to strive away from a completely rigid rotation in combat due to the randomness of it, and it adds an element of reaction time to combat too (Although it's not terribly strict). However before this patch, the bonus damage you got from this wasn't affected by the vast majority of damage bonuses, so it was completely worthless once you got basic gear. Now the bonus damage to vulnerable targets is multiplied by percentage bonuses, meaning it can be very powerful which is what it should have been like to reward players who are more flexible with their rotation.

If anyone uses skills that has bonus damage to vulnerable targets, it's worth checking them out now. Some of these bonuses can make these attacks stronger than typical nukes. For example Riposte on sword has higher damage than Decapitate (If you hit a vulnerable target) and better mods with a significantly shorter cooldown, so if you are willing to focus on the vulnerable mechanic it is worth checking out.

One thing I'm a bit iffy about with this though is that it makes Staff and Psychology significantly stronger, since they have the ability to cause vulnerability more often, especially staff. Psychology is already an extremely good skill when soloing, and now it's even better. Staff can now do really good damage which wouldn't be a problem, but staff has decent tanking power with very little investment, so you might be very strong due to the ability to tank and do very good damage at the same time. Both of these skills are also a lot better at grouping too if they can force vulnerability for other team mates, which is actually really cool, but it also makes both skills even better. Psychology could totally use it because it's not nearly as strong in group play, but for staff I think it's a bit much. It's not a terribly huge concern, but I just wanted to state my thoughts about these two skills since they have even more draw to them now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh hammer users that are bching about it should ether start from square one with a new skill or take a vacation for 1-2 years till it gets fixed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    What if instead of skulk producing a smoke screen that pisses everyone off the players avatar became slightly more translucent? Its the same concept of camouflage making you hard to see but it actually makes you hard to see and not just obscure everyone's vision. Could take it a step further and they just become invisible to everyone. Not only are they camoed at that point but graphic draw would be reduced also. As if a very short lived potion of invisibility was built into each use of the skill. Untill damage was taken from an AOE or they dealt damage
    I really like this idea. Total invisible might be a bit much but I love the translucent idea. I hope Citan seriously considers that.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #66
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, please keep it coming! A few notes:

- We will be making small tweaks to the new dungeon's spawn rate. But the dungeon is designed with the expectation that you have at least the 3-second spawn premonition. It may not sound like it would help, but it helps. You need it!

- (tagging @Yaffy in particular here, though lots of this is general.) There are no known open bugs with accuracy or evasion, meaning all old reports were closed as Fixed or Invalid. I do believe at least one actual bug report of yours was addressed in the past few months, where others were closed as invalid reports because they conflate different mechanics. There are lots of weird systems in the game that aren't connected.

- For instance, "Miss Chance" is not the opposite of accuracy. Miss Chance is a separate chance for you to miss. It can't be avoided in any way at this time -- only something that gave you a negative Miss Chance buff could counter it, and there's nothing like that. So there's no way to avoid the Darkness debuff in the Dark Chapel, and that's by design. (This also applies to player abilities that apply a Miss Chance to enemies -- right now the debuff from Cloud Sight is completely unavoidable, even on Elites and Bosses.) You can differentiate Evasion from Miss if you are watching carefully, because the floaty "EVADE" will be replaced with "MISS".

- Projectile Evasion is not the same thing as Ranged Evasion -- only literal projectiles (such as missiles) are evaded by projectile evasion. Attacks like Flamestrike are ranged attacks without a projectile. Ranged Evasion is a new stat that covers all types of ranged attacks. (And may eventually replace Projectile Evasion -- not sure yet.)

- Accuracy buffs now show up on the Persona screen, so this is an easy way to make sure that the buffs are at least buffing the appropriate stat.

- Skulk smoke screen: we'll try to find something else for it when we next look at the Werewolf skill. We can't currently do translucence for wolves (the shader won't do it), but we can probably find something else.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    - For instance, "Miss Chance" is not the opposite of accuracy. Miss Chance is a separate chance for you to miss. It can't be avoided in any way at this time -- only something that gave you a negative Miss Chance buff could counter it, and there's nothing like that. So there's no way to avoid the Darkness debuff in the Dark Chapel, and that's by design. (This also applies to player abilities that apply a Miss Chance to enemies -- right now the debuff from Cloud Sight is completely unavoidable, even on Elites and Bosses.) You can differentiate Evasion from Miss if you are watching carefully, because the floaty "EVADE" will be replaced with "MISS".
    Thank you very much for telling me this. Now I can finally rest knowing that this is intentional. A big reason why I thought it was unintentional was because accuracy seemed like a very underused mechanic at higher levels and I thought Dark Chapel's darkness mechanic was supposed to encourage people to build accuracy. The new Rahu sewers do give more validity to accuracy at least.

This is a bit of a bummer though because I was hoping to build accuracy to build around stuff like Lord Sedgewick's curse and alcohol that decreases your accuracy but increases your evasion. It was my original idea for my unarmed build to create a sort of crazy drunken boxer type character. At least I know not to plan for it anymore at least. Thanks Citan, and sorry for the overly numerous bug reports.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 03-04-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post

- Skulk smoke screen: we'll try to find something else for it when we next look at the Werewolf skill. We can't currently do translucence for wolves (the shader won't do it), but we can probably find something else.
    That's fair. How do you feel about turning the wolf completely light gray? Or, if it is possible, invisible with a gray or black outline?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could wolves just go total black. no reflection or special light effects, just the darkest black possible. Or shrink their size down/ adopt a crouched stance.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say I think the sewer is pretty well perfect in terms of difficulty. I love that mobs stun so you can't just yolo in there and solo easily even as a perfect geared lvl 70. It was a bit of a shock getting used to that massive anti armor hit but it seems fine in the end. I think it is refreshing to find an area in the game that can break 1100 armor in the blink of the eye and be challenging without being stupidly hard.

In contrast to what someone else said I personally love the necro rats using root. Way too many games favor melee over ranged and it is nice to see at least one area in the game where melee gets punished (most of my attacks btw are melee range).

I love to see higher tier content in games make you fight smarter (instead of we're higher level so now we have more hp/damage). I love that the only solution I have found to those necros is to hit the sprint button and jump right up there on the platform (hoping I get rooted next to them).

*There are two shitty things I would like to note about the sewers*
    1. There is no vendor.
    2. There are way too many white item drops for a dungeon when compared to say winter nexus/dark chapel. It isn't right to get less money per hour farming a level 50 dungeon when compared to a lvl 60 dungeon.

There is one thing that needs to get nerfed immediately.

Treants can be butchered to get a twig thing that you can break down for carpentry xp. I would humbly ask that you require 60 carpentry to break them down (because maybe it's a level 60 dungeon). It is a huge exploit to allow people with no carpentry skill to go in there and farm treants for a few days and suddenly have 50+carpentry skill. Considering that these mobs are very popularly hunted, slow spawning, low in number and not super easy to kill I have no problem with the amount of xp you get for the break down.

If you could do the same thing for tailoring for example no one would ever grow cotton again to gain tailor xp.

Boo on the Shaman Infusion changes. I worked so hard to have that skill at 50. Now it is a complete joke to level up and everyone has it. You ruined something that was pretty unique, rare, and powerful.

I love the new belts! I always wear a +accuracy belt and it feels like you can in some cases actually fight evasion with accuracy now. The other day I killed 7 ghosts at once on the Gazluk teleport pad and that would not have been possible without the extra accuracy from the belt stacking with my shield attack buff.

Also... Thank you for nerfing wolf. Sorry no offense but there was no reason they deserved to keep the power like that for so long after everyone else lost full aoe dmg. Welcome to the back of the bus.
    Last edited by Golliathe; 03-14-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Thread Footer