Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ice Magic leveling after Eltibule and before Ilmari

As the title says how am I suppose to level ice magic after late 30s into the 40s ready for Ilmari, Kur is out of the question due to so many invulnerable to cold, just tried Sunvale using the free portal from WN daily and popping straight out thinking I would get the old summer court fairies. How wrong was I, it is infested with the elite Boreal Fist thing and ice elementals.

I have higher level skills I could reroll with the Ice Magic and just drag myself through this blockage but many newer player wont have that. admittedly if they have Ice they aren't exactly new, but I have been playing on and off since before there was a starter island and to me there is no alternatives for solo 35 to roughly 50 than Kur or Sunvale other than mind numbing grinding of gnashers in elt.

I am trying to look at this issue from a constructive feedback point of view, all skills should have equal opportunities to progress at level both as a group orientated player or a solo player, I am GMT +7 so depending on my timings I'm late for the aussies, early for europe and 12 hours out of whack for the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilmari is a level 50+ zone, so I would have doubts if you were to just wander in with level 40 something skills.

As for where to level up at 30+ beside gnashers, there are a few locations to choose from:

Kur Tower is certainly a good option. Yes, it's located in Kur, but it's possible to reach the entrance without freezing to death since it's so close to the Eltibule portal, and there's no cold damage inside. The poison DoTs inside are definitely difficult to deal with though, not to mention mobs have some level of cold resistance.

You can also try hunting ghouls on the NE island in Sun Vale, and they are very easy to kill. But again, they still have cold resistance.

While Yeti Caves is also a good option for DPS-heavy classes at level 30+, the yetis inside are completely immune to cold.

All of the above options include mobs with some form of cold damage resistance or outright immunity, therefore it would be best for you to find a secondary skill to help you level ice magic. AH, fire magic and archery are all very good at dealing a lot of damage. Don't rely on just one damage type.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a post about this a while back, ice magic cannot be used viably in any dungeon in the 40s. For dailies, 3 out of the 4 you're either getting completely or partially carried. Winter nexus you can't damage 3 of the bosses which is the most important part. Yeti cave, 95% of the dungeon is completely immune to cold and wolf cave technically only has ineffective against cold mobs, but I would argue that dungeon is very difficult for its level, so the last thing you need is a 25% damage nerf.

The solution is you have to power level it, rely completely on your other skill, which is essentially power leveling anyway, or just farm level 30 areas until level 50. If you didn't power level, then even at level 50 you probably can't handle ilmari since you won't be geared and even if you could, the gear from war caches is for level 55 at the lowest, so have fun farming eltibule for far too long.

Citan's response in that thread was:

Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    There is one important over-arching design goal that won't change: I want the game to HEAVILY encourage players to have two damage types in their build, not just one. They can have a "main" damage type, but they should also have a secondary damage type that can be used in a pinch.
    Since ice magic only has it's basic attack and 1 other attack as non-ice, essentially you're supposed to suck it up and rely on your other skill to get you through. If you happened to pick a support skill to go with ice magic... good luck.

Then as if this wasn't enough, you'll face the exact same issues again in gazluk, but at least there the dungeons aren't quite as severe.

Thread Footer