Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    texts superimposed in login screen . brown window in game . i had to install the ancient version and delete config files as indicated by beta notus in discord .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. New player here.
    I started to play the game in beta and now I went out of beta mode (I played few hours in total), and weirdly enough, aside from the bugs I have reported in-game, the beta *feels* less optimized performance wise.
    On "Good" quality, out of beta I stand on 35 FPS in-town and in beta its down to 25 , and even lower if crowded (today at a town where there was a lot of music and some kind of event I was walking at a mind numbing 5-10 fps (that is; until i escaped the town. Even lowering the graphics to potato mode didn't help and it still dropped in crowded areas) the graphics have not seem to improve to justify that FPS drop, while out of beta it seemed to run smoother even when crowded.
    If there's any insight on why this is or any suggestions i'd love to hear them.
    Last edited by yumiyumi6; 06-27-2020 at 09:55 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I still can't reproduce giant spiders (or flowers). Maybe the client logs will have useful info. @Solitz, @Tandiril, @mogamir, anyone else with scaling bugs, can you email me your log? Here's the steps:

- Quit the game
    - Find this file: C:\Users\(YourUserName)\AppData\LocalLow\Elder Game\Project Gorgon\Player.log
    - Email it to eric@projectgorgon.com . (You may need to compress it if your email service complains about size; the file size will be proportional to how long you were logged in, so if you just log in and out, it'll be very small, but if you were online for an hour first, it may be large.)

That log file will include some of your graphics hardware details, and will list any errors that the client ran into. I'm hoping that if I can get two or more logs from affected players, I'll be able to spot a clue that shows up in both of them. Thanks!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm getting the opposite effect: Mini-spider!

bug2.jpg

This spider used to be much bigger. I'll play with settings to try to nail it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work orders that are tracked (shown on your main screen/view) don't go away once they've been completed. You need to replace them (memorize new work orders) or restart the game - logging in and out isn't enough.

Edit: Cannot replicate today, something was funny last night though (turning in work orders in sun vale).
    Last edited by Ranperre; 06-28-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I must disappoint you because I just deleted -beta- and reinstalled normal ver. and then just deleten .config so I have all like before.
    I was too annoyed after poetry jam to keep playing with it any longer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not getting any of the loot animations (when a mob has red or better loot).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    I still can't reproduce giant spiders (or flowers). Maybe the client logs will have useful info. @Solitz, @Tandiril, @mogamir, anyone else with scaling bugs, can you email me your log? Here's the steps:

- Quit the game
    - Find this file: C:\Users\(YourUserName)\AppData\LocalLow\Elder Game\Project Gorgon\Player.log
    - Email it to eric@projectgorgon.com . (You may need to compress it if your email service complains about size; the file size will be proportional to how long you were logged in, so if you just log in and out, it'll be very small, but if you were online for an hour first, it may be large.)

That log file will include some of your graphics hardware details, and will list any errors that the client ran into. I'm hoping that if I can get two or more logs from affected players, I'll be able to spot a clue that shows up in both of them. Thanks!
    Sent some logs. Just to restate a maybe IMPORTANT fact here as well: When I log in with my own spider character, the bug already happens at character selection. Maybe that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bug affects whichever storage is currently selected

Thread Footer