Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot login since downloading recent patch

When I get to the splash page (with update notes), I click "Login" .. then is says "Talking to server, please wait ...". And the status at the very bottom of the page says "Logged In, waiting for character list" but it never goes to the character select page.

I've done plenty of troubleshooting, no network changes but tried multiple networks anyway, no software/Windows updates, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, but same issue.

Only happened since downloading patch and was working the night before.

A wireshark .pcap strangely shows bits of in-game global chat so it appears I'm logged in.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, it sounds like your issue is unique. If we think of anything we'll let you know
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the steam application as well? Might be worth a try?
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9609-OBMP-2526 (Steam uninstallation instructions)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    old log rem
    Last edited by chill; 04-19-2020 at 01:23 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Try temporarily disabling your virus-protection, my guess is something is forcefully disconnecting (or otherwise blocking) the game almost as soon as it gets the connection going. Which we've seen from some overzealous antivirus programs.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Actually, I see a server-side error that may be related to your character -- if so, you won't be able to log in until I can fix that in a day or so. I'm sorry about that! But point being, if the virus-protection isn't the cause, then I think I know the cause, and its on our end.

Edit: @chill I think I have a way to fix the character (although it wipes your immediate buffs) -- please let me know if you can log in now.
    Last edited by Citan; 01-11-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in (also messed with anti-virus/firewall toggling again so not sure if that affected it too). Either way thanks!

Thread Footer