Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Sorry about the double post but this is not actually adressed to Silvonis but to Fin. I know 2 chars (possible the same person) that are botting. Yes, they were for sure, nice setup next to Hogan's keep, chars on top of each other, killing with the same spells sequence, looting, not burying. Also conveniently done during off-peak hours when no admin is online. As soon as srand talked on Global they logged off. I tried asking them to bury mobs, I adressed them by name, I whispered and talked to them in both Nearby and Global. They don't have me on ignore, I talked to them even today so that excuse is not valid.
    Those 2 chars advanced in a month like others in a year. Darn fairytale. How do you feel about that? Someone decked 2 chars in max gear, they're running mants, Lab etc, all in about a month. They will be your equal in terms of skills and level when alpha ends.
    This is crazy fast. It would probably take me around 2 months just to get combat skills up to lvl 60...this is only a guess though as I don't have any combat skills at 60 except for my original two. Max gear would probably take me like you said a full year.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure didn't sound like Citan said it was okay.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Eh, okay, I'm pretty convinced that multiboxing is going to cause too much trouble in the long term. The problem is that it's very hard to differentiate "fair multiboxing" with "bot-assisted multiboxing". Detecting bots is already hard enough without giving people more wiggle room.

So, starting now, I'm rescinding my temp-approval. You are not allowed to multibox for anything other than item-muling. Sorry, fans of multiboxing! We'll adjust the code of conduct to make this explicit.

Also, just to hammer this home: botting's not allowed, whether it be multiboxing or not. Please remember to report any combat-macroers you find. We have indeed banned people for combat-macroing already. But auto-detecting it is not foolproof, especially during alpha, so it's very helpful to have your reports to corroborate the logs.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Eh, okay, I'm pretty convinced that multiboxing is going to cause too much trouble in the long term. The problem is that it's very hard to differentiate "fair multiboxing" with "bot-assisted multiboxing". Detecting bots is already hard enough without giving people more wiggle room.

So, starting now, I'm rescinding my temp-approval. You are not allowed to multibox for anything other than item-muling. Sorry, fans of multiboxing! We'll adjust the code of conduct to make this explicit.

Also, just to hammer this home: botting's not allowed, whether it be multiboxing or not. Please remember to report any combat-macroers you find. We have indeed banned people for combat-macroing already. But auto-detecting it is not foolproof, especially during alpha, so it's very helpful to have your reports to corroborate the logs.
    Thank you!!! That's the most sincere "thank you" in the history of thank you s

@Crissa no he actually said that he doesn't think that would be allowed in the long run but unless he writes down a firm statement (like he did now) people will take advantage of it (obviously most won't but for the few who would he doesn't have the time to keep checking logs and find proof as he just said)
    Last edited by Khaylara; 02-06-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Critan, since you made a firm decision, are you going to create a dialogue when people log on to state the new enforcing of the rule? That way people have a chance to stop without getting banned. This is a good decision because so many new players are joining the game. I'm not sure there is any way for you take away advantages that were gained by multiboxing in the past though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everyone new should read the Code of Conduit before playing a game (Citan said he'd add this to the Code of conduit). If anyone did this more recently, too bad...at least Finbarr asked first. If they continue to do so (or worse) they will get banned without much discussion. Based on what I've seen so far they are not very lenient with macro usage. And since multiboxing isn't allowed outside muling, players who multibox in dungeons/while farming or even cheat will be easy to detect. If multiboxing was to be allowed there would've been too many using several chars and the situation would've spun out of control.

I'm in party mood due to Citan's last post lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, may I suggest sticking the no-boxing rule into a very prominent position in the code of conduct and maybe also adding it to a FAQ?

Coming from an EQ background, it would never have occurred to me that there's anything wrong with playing two characters simultaneously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out of curiosity what about non combat macros?

examples include

leveling beast speech
    civic pride with lamps
    farming milk from cows in serbule keep
    gardening

just simple macros to keep a character logged in indefinitely so we can craft 1-2k items without having to be at the keys constantly and watch a progress bar for 3 1/2 hours (I hate tailoring sooooo much now)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Sorry about the double post but this is not actually adressed to Silvonis but to Fin. I know 2 chars (possible the same person) that are botting. Yes, they were for sure, nice setup next to Hogan's keep, chars on top of each other, killing with the same spells sequence, looting, not burying. Also conveniently done during off-peak hours when no admin is online. As soon as srand talked on Global they logged off. I tried asking them to bury mobs, I adressed them by name, I whispered and talked to them in both Nearby and Global. They don't have me on ignore, I talked to them even today so that excuse is not valid.
    Those 2 chars advanced in a month like others in a year. Darn fairytale. How do you feel about that? Someone decked 2 chars in max gear, they're running mants, Lab etc, all in about a month. They will be your equal in terms of skills and level when alpha ends.
    just to play devils advocate you offered very unsubstantial proof about whether the player was actually macroing. and advancement a person can make within 1 month doesn't indicate if a player macros or not. personally I went from 1-60 for example in 3 1/2 days from when I started playing with almost no help from others all manually. beyond that 4 weeks later I am maxed out in 5 attack skills, 3 skills trained to 70 along with max in 2/3 of the craft skills in the game already. just because a person is able to advance quickly does not mean they are macroing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you decide who is multi-boxing and who is not?

Obviously there are some behaviors, like a character that just stands there most of the time, but occasionally tosses out a buff, heal, or attack.

Obviously if they're running on the same computer, that's a dead giveaway, but that can only be determined server side by checking logs.

What about same IP though? My gf occasionally logs in and plays with me, not often because her computer is not good and has a hard time running even on minimum settings. Would that be a problem?

Thread Footer