Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbies + graphics issues

New to the game and have graphics issues?

Be sure to check that your computer is using your graphics card and not onboard graphics. The game does not always automatically select the correct card.

That will definitely improve your gaming situation.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm using onboard graphics from this $300 box i built a few years ago and it still plays just fine. (20 fps on lowest). So if you're reading this and concerned that your toaster can't handle it, i'd encourage you to still give it a go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics in this game are still being developed. New players don't freak out if you are getting 60 fps everywhere but mobs run in place over and over again - so you don't really know where they are. Their actual location is next to two other mobs and you are dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How do I check if the game is using my graphics card?
    update: never mind I found it.
    Last edited by drivendawn; 01-14-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    New players don't freak out if you are getting 60 fps everywhere but mobs run in place over and over again - so you don't really know where they are. Their actual location is next to two other mobs and you are dead.
    That actually sounds like a network problem rather than a graphics problem. If this is happening to you, bring up the Settings menu and check your ping to the server. Below 100 is great, above 1000 makes the game play like syrup (with occasional mob jumps). PG currently seems far more susceptible than other online games to networking delays - it will probably get better as the game gets more optimized closer to release. In the meantime, my usual solution is to find the person who just started downloading large chunks of data on our home network, and politely ask them to stop. NOW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    That actually sounds like a network problem rather than a graphics problem. If this is happening to you, bring up the Settings menu and check your ping to the server. Below 100 is great, above 1000 makes the game play like syrup (with occasional mob jumps). PG currently seems far more susceptible than other online games to networking delays - it will probably get better as the game gets more optimized closer to release. In the meantime, my usual solution is to find the person who just started downloading large chunks of data on our home network, and politely ask them to stop. NOW.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I have typically looked at fps when mobs/players are running in place. I didn't think to look at ping. I'll do that next time.

Thread Footer