Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolves can use unarmed abilities that require claws(like slashing strike) when they have empty hands, but for some reason equipping weapons disables that, which defeats the point and makes no sense but oh well. If you equip a cestus and claw they get full compatibility though.

I'd like to give lycan/unarmed a proper try, but getting my hands on a decent pair of unarmed weapons is not happening any time soon and is keeping me from trying the combo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoxard View Post
    Wolves can use unarmed abilities that require claws(like slashing strike) when they have empty hands, but for some reason equipping weapons disables that, which defeats the point and makes no sense but oh well. If you equip a cestus and claw they get full compatibility though.

I'd like to give lycan/unarmed a proper try, but getting my hands on a decent pair of unarmed weapons is not happening any time soon and is keeping me from trying the combo.
    That is because currently the skill is setup to allow the use of any unarmed ability without any weapon equipped. Once you equip a shield etc., it sees that your hand is no longer "Empty"; while when wielding a Katar(mh) or Claw(oh) is still considered having an "Empty Hand".

I recommend equipping the Unarmed skill in a lab run and using a crappy one until you find a great one in another lab run. Currently the best way to get uncraftable weapons.

**On the subject of Unarmed weapons and abilities which are accessible based on which weapons are equipped, I agree that it's confusing and not very intuitive. However, currently Animals have access to all abilities while having no weapons equipped OR having Unarmed weapons (Katar/Claw) equipped. This has been listed in previous update notes and is an experiment on Citan's part. It is intended play right now.**
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackybah View Post
    Thanks for this chart. Please know I copied it into the WIKI. While uploading the chart I included a comment to give Auth credit for it.
    I looked in the wiki the other day to compare skills and couldn't find it. I tried a few searches but nothing came up. Would you be willing/able to link it off the combat skills page? I apologize in advance if I missed it being there already.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    I looked in the wiki the other day to compare skills and couldn't find it. I tried a few searches but nothing came up. Would you be willing/able to link it off the combat skills page? I apologize in advance if I missed it being there already.
    http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skill_Compatibility_Chart

What page do you want it to link from?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skill_Compatibility_Chart

What page do you want it to link from?
    I linked it myself. Thanks . I wish I could upvote you/give you karma .

Edit: To the person who originally created the chart - this is an AWESOME resource. Thanks for creating it.
    Last edited by Eachna; 03-05-2017 at 03:49 PM. Reason: thanking the chart creator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Somehow a wolf fist punching is a bit too unrealistic for me.
    But a wolf with a weapon is more realistic than a wolf using his claws?

Wat.

If you're looking for realism, I'd say you're playing the wrong genre of game. MMO's are typically very high Fantasy setting.
    Last edited by Maphyr; 03-11-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really useful thanks.
    On that I would really like to see animals be able to wear a wooden item to allow fire/ice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to be a Pig/Necromancer without a necklace? Im not that familar with the Necromancy gems other than you get some item in the crypts.

I have a pig potion (and a deer potion) - what would be the best way to go about being a pig or deer necromancer? Im assuming pig would make a better necro as its a support skill.

Also, bard isnt on here, but its basically like sword in that it equips to main hand, how does animal and main hand work? Can you end up as a deer bard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgisnacht View Post
    Is it possible to be a Pig/Necromancer without a necklace? Im not that familar with the Necromancy gems other than you get some item in the crypts.

I have a pig potion (and a deer potion) - what would be the best way to go about being a pig or deer necromancer? Im assuming pig would make a better necro as its a support skill.

Also, bard isnt on here, but its basically like sword in that it equips to main hand, how does animal and main hand work? Can you end up as a deer bard?
    No to all of that. Pets aren't affected by AoE support/heal/buff abilities, so despite what *should* be the case, support/pet skill combos are the worst way to utilize pets instead of the best.

Animals are generally not considered able to wield any weapons/offhands, and even if you have them equipped, they don't count towards any skill requirements. Thus animal necromancers need to wear a necklace, since orbs/staffs don't work for them.

Bard is unique in that it's the only skill line that has skills that are dependent on you wielding the correct weapons in *both* hands. A lute in your main hand and a horn in your offhand. Like most support skills so far, it's very limited in who can use it.

Thread Footer