Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ...which is never online in the same time with my other chars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khay, due respect and everything but you are one of the people who heavily argued against my saying that a total wipe was needed for launch to create parity among players. Your reason was that there was nothing competitive in Project:Gorgon, so by your own admission whether someone dual boxes or not has no bearing, as it is not competitive.

As I already mentioned, it is quite hard to 2-or-more-box anyway, and plus you have additional characters to develop gear and skills wise.

Why do you think it is unfair for people to play moire than one character? Is it just a gut feeling, or has some basis? Because if the argument is cash, then its not really applicable as boxing is clumsy at best in PG and not the most efficient way to farm.

Also, Citan has said simply - In the very short term (like today), it's fine. You can multibox during the alpha, at least until further notice. But since no launch decisions have been made, I wouldn't pay for an extra account if you only want to use it to multibox! which is pretty obvious and wouldn't create problems down the line if he decided to say, no boxing (which would be disappointing).

How do you think it is going to be effecting data and feedback?

I think they key point is simply that unaided multiboxing is not damaging or detrimental. It entertains people that enjoy that kind of thing, and also have less chance to group cos not on at peak time. It is not actually the amazing 'jackpot winner takes all' that people who don't do it seem to think it is. It's hard, ineffective, clumsy and time consuming.

The key thing is that automation is, and always will be I hope, against the ToS and not allowed. That is when Multiboxing IS a problem, when it is helped with 3rd party software and made ultra efficient.

Also - what has the chest bug got to do with multiboxing, I didn't understand why you brought that up?

Cheers,

Finbarrrrrrggghhh

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I brought that particular ban wave up because many people who were banned for doing it invoked "Eric said it was okay as long as we reported it". And you know that is true, we were allowed to exploit some things if they were not fixed for a while (ie dungeons with non aggro mobs). Apparently the people who exploited the chests crossed a line that existed in Citan's mind but was not clearly stated.

Second, I do play more than one character myself but NOT IN THE SAME TIME. I caps-ed to underline the difference between playing alts and multiboxing.

Third...yes, I don't want a wipe at launch but I also don't want to compete with players who make cash multiboxing. It's an unfair advantage and in all honesty if that's what's gonna happen I don't wanna be around. It's plain unfair. So I don't understand how that contradicts any previous statement.

Fourth-playing 2 chars simultaneously is actually easy, especially when we're gonna have autofollow. About not being able to find groups...till recently I was playing in a dead timezone so I 've spent most of my game time soloing. That does not mean that I should've been allowed to multibox, does it??!

Anyway not gonna debate with you on this topic, I hate bots and people who drag buffers and healers along in groups. If you guys are gonna go down that way (some are already anyway, at least you asked) I'm out. Don't wanna play with bots.

I really hope Citan revisits this decision.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, it's still a violation of the Terms of Service to use automation software or programs to assist with multiboxing activities.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another point of clarification: If you find an exploit/bug, you need to report it immediately and then cease taking advantage of that exploit/bug.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now that we have a current dev statement allowing multiboxing, it does change the direction of how the game was going. Yes, people had alts on at the same time. But you didn't have anything that looked exploity (for lack of a better word). Now you have what looks like player mobs running together, which could be friends, but sometimes really look like bots. Your caves and dungeons don't have the capacity for multiple groups of this type AND solo players. It's a logistics concern, which is why players get ornery about it.

And then there is the apparent contradiction of past statements--we all know the stories about people who got banned for something along these lines. While it might be a way to provide new players with an environment closer to the game they came from, it kinda makes Gorgon look like just another MMO, where things are easy because people like easy. PG was different....

Finally, with the smaller population Gorgon had until recently, most areas have not been overwhelmed. But now areas have been fairly wiped clean. With the addition of multiboxing players, that population density increases without actually increasing the player base. The increased competition favors the multiboxer. Economically, this creates situations where the disparity between players inevitably creates strife.

Sure, let people play the way they want to. But creating parameters in policy now would help players have reasonable expectations about Project: Gorgon game play. Allowing wide open multiboxing--is going to make the players who don't like that style of play disappear from game.
    Last edited by Greyfyn; 02-04-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    Just to be clear, it's still a violation of the Terms of Service to use automation software or programs to assist with multiboxing activities.
    Say I drag an alt through crypt, loot chests, use the items I get to increase that alt's favor with vendors and give that alt my high level drops to sell when my main runs out of vendors for the week. Or picture a party made of 4 OP players and their alts moving through Lab and double looting. It is possible and using only 2 chars is easy.

Do you think these scenarios are okay? No macros involved, just the 2 scenarios I mentioned (I bet I can do that easily even on a single monitor).

According to Citan it's okay, to me it sounds like a solid exploit and I really don't wanna play under such terms. Fairly sure many others feel that way and it was really disappointing to see Fin actually posting about it and Citan being so matter of factly about something that can turn the game into a shitstorm.

And about macros...I insisted that a player was using macros, I went and checked thoroughly, asked others to check, it was as obvious as daylight (crappy macro too, his char was constantly getting stuck). Yet, his defense was "I didn't want to talk to you so I didn't answer" which apparently applied to all the 8-10 people who confirmed his char was obviously set on macros. In this case how are you planning to detect who is using automation software and who isn't? Unless you constantly check logs or go through the wave of reports you're gonna get. Isn't it a headache and shouldn't we be told it's not okay to multibox except mules as it was till now?

Grefyn is probably right and you are trying to cater to the new wave of players coming from AC and Ac2 but think what effect that will have in the long run. Besides people like me who hate "altitis" and multiboxing, look at the picture Grey is painting. Hardly enough resources for legit players, add some bots (or alts on autofollow) to the situation and...

PS It's easier to prevent than to punish, just saying
    Last edited by Khaylara; 02-04-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the double post but this is not actually adressed to Silvonis but to Fin. I know 2 chars (possible the same person) that are botting. Yes, they were for sure, nice setup next to Hogan's keep, chars on top of each other, killing with the same spells sequence, looting, not burying. Also conveniently done during off-peak hours when no admin is online. As soon as srand talked on Global they logged off. I tried asking them to bury mobs, I adressed them by name, I whispered and talked to them in both Nearby and Global. They don't have me on ignore, I talked to them even today so that excuse is not valid.
    Those 2 chars advanced in a month like others in a year. Darn fairytale. How do you feel about that? Someone decked 2 chars in max gear, they're running mants, Lab etc, all in about a month. They will be your equal in terms of skills and level when alpha ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Sorry about the double post but this is not actually adressed to Silvonis but to Fin. I know 2 chars (possible the same person) that are botting.
    I have a semi-serious question for you. What were you expecting? You really thought that no one ever will use/try to use bots in PG? No one will ever try to automate whatever? It's not about grind either. Truth is, any online game I have ever played had bots, macros, etc... I guess you can say it's human nature to get everything by doing nothing or as little as possible. Is It good? No, absolutely not. But, sadly, it's the reality.

It also starts small, imo, with stuff like when you have to fill 150-200 empty bottles with the water (multiple times) or when you have to make over 600+ leather rolls by clicking... What do you do? Right, auto-clicker with a somehow decent delay and you go for a cold drink or to make a cup of hot tea or for a cigarette break. (I've never done that, but every time I have 6 stacks of skins I have to turn into rolls I think about it).

On the topic of multiboxing, I'm against it. Quite a basic example: Whenever I find/make an item in 10 seconds, one item, multiboxer finds/makes 2-infinite amount of items in 10 seconds. In a game, based on the grind and random rolls on loot (amount and the combination of mods), it's just ridiculous. Automated, not automated, IDC. This is just wrong. On top of that, there is a thing like Industry in this game. Let's say I easily make 300k/month with them. A player with 5 accounts will do 1.5mil in the same month. Not really sure I want to play a game like that. (true you can raise Industry and make WO's with other characters on your account. but go transfer all those wos and items for them using a 8-item-box and constant relogging. much easier and faster to trade - right click - ok - ok.)

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 02-05-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    ...which is never online in the same time with my other chars
    I know that. I was just saying you are the only person I even know the alt to. I feel like after all the years I've been playing I should know alts of other players so I can tell if people are mutliboxing.

Thread Footer