Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
    Camelot Unchained is doing that actually. Of course that is a PvP game with no PVE at all.
    I believe this type of game play would so work in PG. Unfortunately, I don't know if this type of mob AI or combat combos will even be discussed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    Also a good way to produce grouping opportunities could be through cross build combos. Example, player A can create a water field. Player B cast a fire spell in the area that produces steam, which then blinds mobs in the area of effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
    Camelot Unchained is doing that actually. Of course that is a PvP game with no PVE at all.

GW2 has this and that is mostly a PvE game. though, at least when I last played, they seemed to mostly just be used for buff stacking.
    Last edited by Kanbe; 01-21-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well we know that if you build yourself right you can make yourself into a role. Whether that be tank, healer, DD, buff debuffer, or even CC is possible. When the new UI gets put in I hope it only allows 5 to 6 players to a group. Then bringing tons of people isn't going to work anymore and there will be more group planing and who will be doing what roles in said groups. Another words allow for more group Interdependency which would make grouping more fun and interesting in the open world but even more so in dungeons.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendawn View Post
    Well we know that if you build yourself right you can make yourself into a role. Whether that be tank, healer, DD, buff debuffer, or even CC is possible. When the new UI gets put in I hope it only allows 5 to 6 players to a group. Then bringing tons of people isn't going to work anymore and there will be more group planing and who will be doing what roles in said groups. Another words allow for more group Interdependency which would make grouping more fun and interesting in the open world but even more so in dungeons.
    I second this. Outmatching your opponents just by outnumbering them isn't interesting strategically.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always having healer-tank isn't interesting, either.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Always having healer-tank isn't interesting, either.
    It's infinitely more interesting than "we outnumber you and outdps you by enough ratio that there is literally no danger if we just press all the buttons at once", imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    It's infinitely more interesting than "we outnumber you and outdps you by enough ratio that there is literally no danger if we just press all the buttons at once", imo.
    Indeed, one big chaotic mess if you ask me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have played many mmos with specific roles or every class can do everything. If mobs just sit there and take hits, I find the specific role games more fun. Learning how to work with others is always a challenge and for me more fun. If mob AI is more like players, specific roles are definitely more fun in a group. I also agree with Crissa. Healer/tank roles aren't always fun either. The best of both worlds would be to have maybe 4-5 other roles a player can play besides healing/tanking and increase mob intelligence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The major advantage in this game is that it is hard to make a mistake with your character. Getting fed up with being the tank? Just switch to other skills.

You will always have people that are "better" geared, they put more time in and optimise their gear. I really really DONT want people to be handed gear etc. That screwed up too many other MMO's due to whining kids thinking that they should always be given everything without working at it. I see the results of that in work all the time.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
    The major advantage in this game is that it is hard to make a mistake with your character. Getting fed up with being the tank? Just switch to other skills.

You will always have people that are "better" geared, they put more time in and optimise their gear. I really really DONT want people to be handed gear etc. That screwed up too many other MMO's due to whining kids thinking that they should always be given everything without working at it. I see the results of that in work all the time.....
    If my luck is typical in this game, once you turn 60/60 you will get a purple or yellow piece of gear that actually matches the skills you are using on your hotbar 5% of the time. Now that I'm finally leveling augmentation and transmutation, I'll be able to change better gear in the future. Good hasn't been handed out easily to me at all. I'm been 60/60 since around February of 2015.

Thread Footer