Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the future plans for the map

We all know that the map needs help. It was just wondering what are some of the planned features of tge maps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaptoad View Post
    We all know that the map needs help.
    Could you expand on your post for more specifics?

Which map?

Why does it need help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far the map is working for me though it does not scale well, which would need work. I like that it is pretty basic myself but I understand that others may not and I am ok whether it stays basic or gets more fancy I just wish it would scale better, that is my only big request.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Presumably this will change with the GUI update. The only thing that bothers me is how hard it is to see the player location in Kur/Gazluk, due to white on white (also happens for text when you select an item, it's quite difficult to read what you've selected. -- Maybe it's snow blindness?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm talking more about map labels in and around towns. Being able to zoom in on buildings and maybe even seeing names of the NPC's

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the way the map markers work. You can put your own labels on--if you haven't found that feature yet. When I first started, I marked and labeled important landmarks and things I needed to find again. Eventually mah brain just took over and I know where every thing is. Having the game not hold my hand in finding quests, npcs, locations, and landmarks made this game fresh. This is one thing that is so different from other games; I would be less satisfied to see it become like all other mmos.

Even the old illimari map with the directional issues was brain work I enjoyed. Heh.

There are of course, some annotated maps available on the wiki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right I like that the map makes you work a bit And write your own landmarks, explore and mark etc.

So I agree, I like it to be simple not complex as I would hate to see the game become another spoon fed on the rails game. (This will be an ongoing theme with my posts lol, i apologize in advance)
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bit of a far fetched idea but I would like to see layers for the pins to be added to. So you would get a number of layers for you map. You can name them what you like. By selecting a particular layer you could see just those pins. So you could have a landmark layer, a mining layer, a teleports layer, an exits layer. Mainly just want a mining layer so in places like Eltibule I could have a clean slate to drop treasure/mining pins on. Could get something similar if you could toggle the pins to visible or hidden by icon.

I wouldn't mind see something along the lines of a Fog-of-War setup on the map, might actually be helpful because it would show you also where you haven't been.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be nice just to have different color pins types , like red for dungeons or yellow for caves maybe green for firepits .. then there is not just a bunch of grey pins .
    so maybe a option to choice the color pin you lay down .

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Keep the suggestions coming!

The current map is limited quite a bit by the current UI framework. Once we get that sorted, we should be able to add quite a bit more functionality - it's just a matter (mostly, at least) of deciding what to add. So your thoughts here and going to be really useful when we get there!

Thread Footer