Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locking Mouse Cursor when Rotating Camera

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any options to lock the mouse cursor in place during camera rotations using right-click? Basically, if my cursor is on my character, and I right-click and rotate to the right and let go, my cursor is now on the far right side of the screen. This can be quite disorienting since I always have to look to find my cursor whenever I rotate the camera.

I looked through the in-game settings but couldn't find anything relevant. I also couldn't find any old threads relating to this.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked in on this game again after nearly 2 years. This issue is still present and quite bothersome.

Would be great if it could get fixed.
    Last edited by Rakket; 03-28-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    EDIT: After re-reading your post, i'm not sure if this is the same issue as other people were having... in fact it sounds almost like the opposite. Still may be relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakket View Post
    I just checked in on this game again after nearly 2 years. This issue is still present and quite bothersome.

Would be great if it could get fixed.
    What OS are you using? I haven't had the chance to play much since the update three days ago, but that was supposed to have 'fixed' this (or at least altered the behavior) on windows:
    http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/G...rsor_Centering
    Some players found it unintuitive that the mouse-cursor was repositioned in the center of the screen after dragging the camera with a mouse-drag. We've fixed this issue, but unfortunately the fix is only available on Windows so far. (But we are optimistic that this will be possible for the other OSes eventually.)

We've been testing this for a while now and it's worked well, but let us know if you discover problems. If you need to turn it off (or if you just like the old behavior better): open the Settings window in-game, find the Special Settings section, and add the word RecenterCursor to the settings box. (Note that this only does something on Windows OSes; other OSes are always in recenter-cursor mode.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was fixed for those that play on windows. means the mouse now is where it was before you right clicked to rotate. no fix for other OS yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for the quick replies.

I'm playing on Ubuntu so I guess that's why. Hopefully the fix can make it other OSs at some point.

Thread Footer