Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on the weekend event

1. I would really like a non-violent alternative to the quest. For example, if you tell Therese you just can't bring yourself to kill those fluffy bunnies, she might ask you to give her a dozen carrots to try distracting the bunnies from her crops, or to bring her some lumber for a fence or constructing a catch-and-release trap. Or better yet, just ignore Therese as a rabbit hater, grow some plants for the rabbits to munch on and after the rabbits have eaten so many of your seedlings, they could leave you a rabbit form potion out of gratitude for the snacks.

2. Competing with other players for spawns isn't fun for me. I realize the rational thing would be to group up and kill them together, but I tend to avoid the rational choices when possible. Plus, I think at peak times more than 6 players at a time might be going after rabbits?

My personal experience of the event was that I finally managed to head over to Therese late Sunday afternoon, got the quest, and then looked at all those players growing vegetables next to her in despair: Were they rabbit hunting and would hate me for taking their spawns, or were they trying to take advantage of the gardening buff and would love someone to kill off those pesky critters for them? I could have asked but, ugh... I just wanted to try out the quest real quick once before the event was over, and talking to other people just seemed like too much hassle. I thought about coming back later, but wasn't sure when the garden would ever get unbusy.

I then realized that the quest said "any garden area" and that I was still bound to the Amulna circle. Score! Nobody was gardening in the desert, so I happily proceeded with the quest for 7 rabbits. Then, someone else killed one of my rabbits just as it was entering the city gate. In case I'd thought it was an accident and he didn't know what the rabbits were for, he then came over to the garden area, plopped down some seedlings at the very front and started killing incoming rabbits without a single word to me. Not inclined to talk either and certainly not inclined to help that guy with anything, I decided to just log off for a while and leave Mr Jerk to his own devices.

Point of long story being that this event mostly just made me hate other players. It's rather like the druid event these days, I think. If we had the old system of everyone in the vicinity getting credit still in place, I think the rabbit quest would be far too trivial but as it is, I'd really rather do pretty much anything else.

3. Rabbits are cute!!! I love the tail. And the dance animations. I don't have much time to play right now and may just wait until the South Serbule update comes out to level my bunny and get that promised bun-fu kick, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked this event. Mostly because it was somethign new and just a bit more exciting than simple buff.

And i think it woudl work well as Druid event. As if somethign trivial like pest control instead of fightign off some word-thretening disasters on dayli basis.

Back to bunny invasion. I agree it was a bit hard to get kills in Serbule )i was thinkign about going elsewhere but decided to stay). Other problem i got was that bunnies sometime spawned right next to my plants, eating them before i could kill them. Some time gap before thy reach plants and eat them would be nice.

Also they sometime spawned in the air - preventign them from movign form what i saw. Or in the ground making then very hard to spot unless tab-targetign was spammed.

As for issue of "stealing" kills. Im not sure if there is good way to solve it. Making each kill to count for everyone in area would make quest too trivial. But then it was hard to get any kills when few peopel gathered - especialy when most of them used ranged attacks. Maybe if person who planted plants that bunny aggro on would get credit regardless of who killed it, it would helpa little.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    Maybe if person who planted plants that bunny aggro on would get credit regardless of who killed it, it would helpa little.
    Oh that's a good idea, I like it.

I'd totally forgotten about the bunny I saw floating in the air in Serbule. The rabbit spawns in Amulna seemed great - they were either coming in from the city gate or from around the corner of buildings. It looked nice and natural.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting feedback on the event. As always, please make sure you report any bugs in-game. As for the floating rabbits, we need reports for each specific area this occurs. If you can stand in the area, or the general area, and send in the report that would be really helpful.

As for competition for kills, that is part of the event! That said, there are definitely areas that are less congested where the event can be easily completed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hope I'm not Mr. Jerk. I'm pretty sure no one was gardening in Amulna when I was there.

I like the idea of other ways to complete like Tagamogi suggested in the OP.

The most interesting place was Amulna, bunnies popping up around the corner of the buildings. Almost felt like a horror movie Here comes another wave, hope I don't run out of ammunition. The need to use water on myself drove me out of Amulna.

Rahu was weird, bunnies keep showing up on roof tops, trapped. That made things easy. But on the other hand, they also would appear 2 meters from you veggies in the garden itself.

Sie Antry's Place, couldn't stand it there everyone being double scolded for killing pets. Bunnies might also have spawn way above the water at that location. Why Sie adopted 10,000 bunnies I don't know.

Serbule Keep, Bunch of bunnies at one point outside the walls of the town, could get scolded by Echur if not careful. Bunnies half in the ground, under the ground or so it seemed at times.

Yeah I don't know, for the most part I decided to put off gardening till after the event was over. It was hard to tell if people wanted help keeping rabbits at bay, or they wanted to lure them in for themselves. People that used ranged had an advantage, but range is pretty much available to everyone so that is somewhat a moot point.

I did plant some potatoes this morning in Serbule Keep but I most likely hunted rabbits that were not mine. It was interesting, and frustrating, and confusing. Sorry if I ticked anyone off or confused them by showing up as a bunny. I put on a Monger's Boon so I'd be easier to recognize, but what is proper etiquette in these situations and how important is it to care?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I liked the event, I didn't like how the player base reacted to it. Since I was stuck in Serbule (full moon and I don't have any wolf gear) I tried to get some bunnies in the garden. I asked to group at few different times, absolutely nobody invited me, I even noticed some players even dropped fire walls or ice spheres to get the rabbits before they reached the garden. That was disappointing, we really have to learn to share.

I hope the bunny form will become permanent, in the short time I've tried it I really liked the abilities. I don't think I can consistently play it unless there will be an option to bunny-unbunny except buying the event juice from players who farmed the event rabbits.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Never thought of Ice Sphere, that would have taken some of the pressure off. I was hoping that in the future maybe you could get your animal handling pets to guard the veggies be more proactive, guard this spot, kill anything that comes near. Golems as guards not sure if they would work, no good AOE attacks to use.

Hopefully the potions will become loot drops off of the tundra rabbits in Kur, if they haven't already.

Thread Footer