Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    The way it works is this: "direct" damage is the number at the top of the ability description. If it says it does 500 damage, that's direct damage. "Indirect" damage is damage added on from other sources. If it says at the bottom of the ability "deals 40 damage over 10 seconds", that's always indirect damage. Direct = the attack's actual damage, indirect = anything else.

It's still pretty fuzzy, but I haven't figured out a better terminology yet. I considered calling all the indirect types by other names, so direct fire damage would be Fire and indirect would be Heat damage (for instance). The problem there is that we have buffs that boost all direct or indirect damage types. So giving them other names just seems to make things more confusing, not less.

It's still a problem I'm mulling over, I'm sure there's a better presentation than we're using now, I just don't know what it is yet.
    You could use 'Direct' explicitly when dealing direct damage, and everything else would be indirect. Instead of saying "Deals 500 fire damage", it could be "Deals 500 direct fire damage". "Deals 40 damage over 10 seconds" would remain unchanged, and since it doesn't have 'direct' in it, would be understood as indirect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoxard View Post

Also, a combat log would do wonders to help with the confusion. Just hit something with the attack in question, check the combat log and see whether it says "21 fire(direct)" or "21 fire(indirect)"
    I know a rudimentary GUI is being hammered out due to other issues but I would personally love to see this implimented with it. And the ability to define on my screen exactly what i am seeing and what i am not with differend colors. EG if direct damage is red, indirect damage yellow. Direct heals Green, indirect heals purple, or whatever.

Thread Footer