Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pet's Genders and Breeding

Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Hm, I think this could be a level 1 ability for animal husbandry when that skill gets implemented: "Step 1. Determine your pet's gender. This will be important when trying to breed them."

We also have Gender Studies, which may or may not play a role.

Anyway, I've been thinking about getting Hector a girlfriend, but obviously can't really be sure about gender at this point in the game. Also do breeding pairs have to be of the exact same kind of rodent or can you have different kinds breed?

I believe we are suppose to be about to change genders in Statehelm, will this also be possible for our pets?

When gender gets assigned to existing pets is it going to be random or are we going to get to choose?

I would prefer to get to choose at this point.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    We also have Gender Studies, which may or may not play a role.

Anyway, I've been thinking about getting Hector a girlfriend, but obviously can't really be sure about gender at this point in the game. Also do breeding pairs have to be of the exact same kind of rodent or can you have different kinds breed?

I believe we are suppose to be about to change genders in Statehelm, will this also be possible for our pets?

When gender gets assigned to existing pets is it going to be random or are we going to get to choose?

I would prefer to get to choose at this point.
    Ah yes, I forgot all about Gender Studies. Maybe it would allow us to observe an animal's behavior in the wild to determine whether it's the desired gender for our breeding program and worth taming?

I certainly hope that breeding different kinds of pets together will be possible. I'm envisioning a sewer/plains rat cross with a leopard spot look... Breeding different species together would probably be taking things too far, although i'd be curious about rat/bear crossbreeding possibilities to create evasion tank pets.

I am a bit concerned about the gender assignment for existing pets. And so are Aster and Daisy. Having the game choose a gender at random for them could create some awkwardness. Which could of course be resolved by that gender change machine in Statehelm - good thinking! I thought the humans were just weird but I think that machine may have possibilities after all...

Anyway - now could be the perfect time to find a girlfriend for Hector. They could slowly get to know each other, without any pressures like having children right away.

Thread Footer