Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My longer term worry

I'm hooked on this game now and see many months/years ahead with it. My only worry is with a one off purchase how long before the devs stop working on it due to lack of funds? I played Everquest for years, I wonder how long this one will last without funding.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I bet a lot of people will get VIP subscriptions when they are available. And Seafaring and Deep World Mining are optional Expansions that might be added in the longer term which will be ways to keep the funding going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH, my deeper concern is how they will manage to pick up the pace of development to keep fed a very hungry audience.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    TBH, my deeper concern is how they will manage to pick up the pace of development to keep fed a very hungry audience.
    They don't really have to, and it would be a mistake to do so. Games that are charging you a monthly fee or are charging for each expansion as you add it, have to keep those people interested and playing. You are paying more so you expect more. They want more money, they have to pump out more content.

I've found this game to be deeper than a lot of the newer games. The time they've taken shows. Little odd things hidden in the world. Weird recipes, and the need to explore. It's all very enjoyable. While I'm curious to see what's up next, I hope they take their time. I easly got my 40.00 of gameplay so far, the rest is gravy. They've got a long year of beta left with lots of work. After that it will be interesting to see where things go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add gvg pls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    I bet a lot of people will get VIP subscriptions when they are available. And Seafaring and Deep World Mining are optional Expansions that might be added in the longer term which will be ways to keep the funding going.

off subject : what is Seafaring and Deep World Mining ???

thank you.

- found it. old post. thank you.
    Last edited by MorKazim; 04-18-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought about this, too, and I think that if the devs keep creating systems for players to make their own games within the game, we'll be fine. Developing systems where players can develop their own amusement, like being able to write books and have poetry jams, is the way to go. A handful of devs will never be able to outpace 1000's of players, so we need to be provided with toys to amuse ourselves through creative play. This game is doing a good job of that by having an unrestricted world with a lot of nuanced systems in place...if I get bored of leveling, I can go treasure hunting. If I get bored of treasure hunting, I can fill carpentry work orders. If I get bored of that, I can catch some fish and cook. If I get bored of that, I can see if anyone has any good books for sale. If I get bored of that, maybe I'll make a guild with some friends and RP a travelling performance troupe. All these systems exist within the same framework and zones of the game, but occupy different niches, so it keeps things interesting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcast View Post
    I'm hooked on this game now and see many months/years ahead with it. My only worry is with a one off purchase how long before the devs stop working on it due to lack of funds? I played Everquest for years, I wonder how long this one will last without funding.
    I'm not particularly worried about this, considering everything that was worked on before there was player support.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    I'm not particularly worried about this, considering everything that was worked on before there was player support.
    Very good point. The developers have years of work into the game, and will be getting more money now than before. I don't see them doing less on the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there is so much to do in the game right now. Gah! I haven't been able to play hardly at all this week. I need my PG fix!
    PG IGN: BlueIndigo
    Steam: IndigoShade

Thread Footer