Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player mounting.

I'd like it if where applicable players could "mount" other players for travel or combat.

What I mean by this is Maybe a Dwarf or Fae could ride on the shoulders or back of an Orc, or Rakshasa. All races but Fae could maybe ride a cow that has appropriate armor with a saddle. Druids and Fae could ride Deer. Maybe even allow Fae to carry Rabbits and fly with them, and Giant bats to carry lighter races for an increased flight cost.

Thematically this would go a long way, but also it'd allow for interesting things like maybe a Bard riding a cow around playing his song. He'd still be unable to do anything else, but he'd be able to move at the cows whim. An archer firing arrows from a flying bat(who is rapidly running out of power) could be silly fun for pvp.

Best of all, it'd be a conversation piece. People could "ride" other players to places, and it'd be an option to talk about when running a dungeon or to a new location. To me MMOs are all about the MM part, and the more ways there are to interact with others the better.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure being able to ride player cows is already planned, I think that is what I heard. But these other ideas are pretty neat.
    The bard idea is particularly interesting.

If this did work out I'd like to extend it even further, because I'd like to be able to pick up my pet rat and carry him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    Pretty sure being able to ride player cows is already planned, I think that is what I heard. But these other ideas are pretty neat.
    The bard idea is particularly interesting.

If this did work out I'd like to extend it even further, because I'd like to be able to pick up my pet rat and carry him.

Or perhaps even ride your pet tiger if it's well trained enough? I worry about that one, though. Since it'd make animal taming almost required because it'd essentially add mounts to the game. Part of why I like it to be more player-to-player than player-to-npc. Picking up small tamed animals could be really cool though for the RP aspect.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've thought of similar ideas personally and I love to see peoples imaginations at work but, as of now, our only plans for mounts or 'mounting' are horses.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone pointed this out to me, in anatomy there are mentions of few other animals like camels. Considering we have 2 desert zones it's possible imo that we will be able to ride camels too at some point.
    About riding other players (in their non-animal forms) I really don't want to be mounted in any form, it's bad enough to be milked! I mean nice idea but I personally don't wanna be the "mount" lol

PS snail mounts as RVs please? Lots of storage, maybe a couch and some cupboards hmm?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's the thing then, isn't it? If you're able to be mounted but don't want to be, then that's entirely up to you. This game is a great role-playing experience, and if it's an option and you're against it, that just adds more depth to your cowness, yes? Who knows, maybe some day you'll meet someone who is a really good friend who is the only person you'd ever let onto your back? :^)

It'd be funny to have something like a "Buck" ability, where if you don't want someone on your back anymore, you can just forcibly eject them and they flop onto the ground.

Thread Footer