Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altercation Resolution

I was running the Dark Chapel daily with an individual and he was skinning the majority of the Droaches as soon as they died, simply standing under the Droach not attacking, just waiting for the group to kill it so he could search and skin. I tried to explain to him what he was doing and how other people could use the skins in the group and that his main focus should be on dealing damage with us. I'm guessing this set something off, but after this it turned into a ninja-loot rampage, and the whole situation just really turned me off Gorgon for the night. Is there any alternate route to circumvent this obstacle in the future?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If a party member is leeching and the group isn't ok with that, then you should kick them from the party. If you aren't the leader, then call them out to the rest of the group. Then they'll either need to shape up or get kicked, assuming the rest of the party has a problem carrying a dead weight.

As for ninja-looting, the party leader can set loot rules to try and split the loot. You can try to ask the leader to change it, but most people prefer free loot since it's a lot more convenient.

Now maybe the guy you're talking about was just a jerk, but usually if someone is just looting everything you can just ask them to share a bit. Just a simple "Hey, can I skin some mobs?" will usually work. Usually trying to "explain" in detail to people about what they're doing will just make people not want to listen. If you ask simply and politely you'll get better results. Plus, if the guy really is a jerk and just ignores you, then the rest of your party will definitely notice that he's hogging the loot and might step in too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post

As for ninja-looting, the party leader can set loot rules to try and split the loot. You can try to ask the leader to change it, but most people prefer free loot since it's a lot more convenient.
    I completely agree with this. The settings were on turns, but unfortunately for epic monsters like Droaches any party member can open their corpse and skin it if they have a knife on them. For future reference I will try to take a more polite approach in terms of addressing the ninja-loot situations.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably know this anyways but I'll say it just in case.

The leader of the group can alter loot permissions, typing /loot free or /loot turns these are your options.
    This only works for the little mobs though that have 1 set of loot, things like the droaches are considered elites. Therefore everyone gets a set of loot.
    Unfortunately the autopsy,skinning,butchering and skull retrieval are still only allowed once.
    Normally those things just giving a little exp or an item worth little are of little note so most don't get too greedy.
    Droach trophy skins are actually a pretty nice item and Unless I'm mistaken there will probably be a nice work order for them so that would be the reason for the players overzealous behavior you'd imagine.
    Later when someone can get down there alone and skin as many as they like there would be little need for this kind of action.

All you can do is ask nicely, if that fails your faced with either ignoring the issue and just remembering the player is a twat for future reference or you can if the leader kick them from the group.which will just escalate it and probably cause even more hassle.

Personally , It wouldn't bother me greatly, my time in the group would be limited so I'd just suck it up and let it go.
    Times too short to be getting bothered by the antics of others. I can normally ruin my runs and game time well enough all by myself.

Thread Footer