Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread: Druid Questions
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnicombe View Post
    The game is still in Alpha
    Yep, noted. Perhaps they should just put the Alpha title in the tagline... "Project: Gorgon - An Alpha MMO", it's pretty much one of the first responses to everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few questions around Druid that I can't seem to find on the Wiki...
    What makes the Druid skill a "PERMANENT CHARACTER ALTERATION"?
    How is this different than Archery?
    What are the current drawbacks to becoming Druid?

So I shall do my best to answer all of these questions.
    1. What makes Druid Permanent?
    Well the in game lore reason is that being a Druid is more a way a life, a philosophy if you will. You are sworn to protect nature, and defend it, by going against all the forces that would do it harm. In this philosophy it contradicts with Lycanthropy, because the Lycan Goddess, Norala is the sister/other half of Dreva, the Druid goddess. They are two sides of the same coin per say. Nature, one sworn to protect the weak and preserve nature, while the other is the wrathful part of Nature, devouring those it can, while securing a place for the strong. Dreva/Norala. Thats why you cannot have both the Druid and Lycan skills active at the same time.

2. How is Druid different then Archery?
    Well...one is a really really good DPS skill that uses a bow to kill enemies at high rates, and provides utility by somehow shooting your allies with arrows, and having other arrow types, each useful in different situations.
    And the other Druid is more built as a support skill to help you out with heals, or protect you against melee attackers.

3. What are the current drawbacks on being a druid?
    ...Number 1. It is permanent, like Lycanthropy. Once you got it, you cannot remove it. You chose the way of life, and all the side-effects that come with it.
    So to activate the Druid ability you must have a wooden conduit, such as these: Wooden Clubs(Hammer), Bows(Archery), Staves(Staff/Fire Magic/Ice Magic), Wooden Animal Shoes(Cow, Deer, not sure on Pig), and the Spider Harness(for well Spiders). If you do not have any wooden conduit/weapon, you cannot use the druid skill.

And the only other drawback is that sometimes during the day, randomly assigned by the Admins using some program or something(I am not a tech person). You will have a Druid Event, which starts off as such. BOOOM Premonition, now you have about One Hour till the druid event starts, it will involve some form of Killing monsters. Druids do not gain any XP while the druid event is taking place (not the premonition part, just the actual killing session), Do not worry chances are it'll be done in like 15 minutes, so its not a huge loss. Heck most of these events give nice loot, animal parts that are useful. Main reason for that is YOU SIGNED UP to be a druid, so now its your responsibility to deal with Nature when she wants to mess you up.
    Serbule: Krakens
    South Serbule: Ranalons
    Etilbule: Droaches
    Kur: Frost Elementals
    Ilmari: Beholders
    -----
    Your Questions Have been answered by Nrdr123, your friendly neighborhood Rabbit/Wolf/Cow/Deer/Bat/Druid/Any and all Future Beast Forms. Have Fun.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    You are playing a game that is in development, and that means things are subject to change. When you make a permanent choice you are subject to those changes and that has always been the case.
    Then at least give us a way to get rid of druidism once you change it. That's like signing a contract and the other side changes the rules in the middle of the match.

What we signed up for was, no exp in anything during druid events.

Druid events in general are normally resolved in minutes, most of the time they're over before you can travel from the neck of the woods where you're currently to where ever the event happens. Suicide Express (TM) is only still in the game because there's no mounts, right, so don't forget that. And then there's times when you're in the middle of a dungeon with a bunch of guildies or friends and would have to permanently drop out of that, since we don't have a party summon type of spell.

And this is where such a penalty would totally ruin a character, even worse than lycan does with those 3 days of fullmoon.

I unlocked druid to 70, hence spent a TON of money for the skill and all the spells, the gear, but seriously, if you don't give us a way to "un-druid" in case you do implement such penalty measures, I'll not be happy with it, and so won't anybody else you just showed the middle finger.

That's also not how you treat people who test earnestly and report bugs, give input etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before someone comes with the "but 1 hour premonition" argument, I often log in to less than 5 min left or an event in progress.
    You also never know how much is left till it starts and where it's gonna be.
    When you have one of those overeager "yay draeva getttttt" groups around, chances are good you'll miss it completely.

And don't even get me started on the terrible tagging system.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nrd, I believe that's a no on the piggies (also no for bats and rabbits afaik, can rabbits equip anything druid-ish?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope Rabbits cannot use the Druid Skill, but on the upside Ice Magic. Sooooo Worth it. I am biased for Rabbit Form, since I can use my Unarmed/Ice Magic Combo on it. But yea Bats and Rabbits cannot use Druid skill.
    Maybe in the future they will add some sort of harness for them to work with like Spiders have.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    Then at least give us a way to get rid of druidism once you change it. That's like signing a contract and the other side changes the rules in the middle of the match.

What we signed up for was, no exp in anything during druid events.

Druid events in general are normally resolved in minutes, most of the time they're over before you can travel from the neck of the woods where you're currently to where ever the event happens. Suicide Express (TM) is only still in the game because there's no mounts, right, so don't forget that. And then there's times when you're in the middle of a dungeon with a bunch of guildies or friends and would have to permanently drop out of that, since we don't have a party summon type of spell.

And this is where such a penalty would totally ruin a character, even worse than lycan does with those 3 days of fullmoon.

I unlocked druid to 70, hence spent a TON of money for the skill and all the spells, the gear, but seriously, if you don't give us a way to "un-druid" in case you do implement such penalty measures, I'll not be happy with it, and so won't anybody else you just showed the middle finger.

That's also not how you treat people who test earnestly and report bugs, give input etc.
    We have always said, "Accepting the mantle of Druid is a PERMANENT CHARACTER ALTERATION. Even though this is Alpha, YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REMOVE THIS CHOICE FROM YOUR CHARACTER." We have also always said that those who choose to become a Druid will need to heed the call of the wild, and that has always been the case.

We are on repeat on this, but this is an Alpha. That means things are subject to change and if you choose a permanent alteration that is an inherit risk. Anything and everything is subject to change. We don't have any immediate plans for those who intentinonally skip Druid events, but that is of course something that could change in the future.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    We have always said, "Accepting the mantle of Druid is a PERMANENT CHARACTER ALTERATION. Even though this is Alpha, YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REMOVE THIS CHOICE FROM YOUR CHARACTER." We have also always said that those who choose to become a Druid will need to heed the call of the wild, and that has always been the case.

We are on repeat on this, but this is an Alpha. That means things are subject to change and if you choose a permanent alteration that is an inherit risk. Anything and everything is subject to change. We don't have any immediate plans for those who intentinonally skip Druid events, but that is of course something that could change in the future.
    Alpha, subject to change, permanent alteration, is understood and not the point. My point is, that, if you want to focus on punishing mechanics instead of reward systems, in ways that punish harder than currently, then Druidism needs an opt-out for the testing phase, because punishing mechanics are not fun and not what I expected when I became Druid and Lycan. 3 days of forced wolf is a good tradeoff for the undisputed power of the skill. Expensive "un" potions for animal forms make sense, so people think twice before they go animal and shut doors with lots of vendors and inconvenience themselves greatly. All these things, you can plan around. What you can NOT plan around is, when you suddenly run around as if you'd be cursed by 3 different bosses, because your kid needed attention or your dog needed to go out or your day at work was exhaustive and you're on autopilot for an hour to relax and thus fail to participate in those events. No XP for 10, 15, 90 minutes? Yeah, no big deal. Not fun either, but you can live with it and do something else. So, if the system stays as is, there's no problem, but if you intend to ramp up the "hardcore oldschool factor" for Druids because it's OldschoolCool, then that's not okay in my book. Oh, and if you want to punish Druidism, then make it stronger. Like, lycans faceroll through dungeons and archers explode dungeon levels with 2 buttons as reward for the pain they go through, whereas Druidism is a weird mix of toned-down support and damage, not in the slightest an "advanced skill".

There, wall of text hits capslock. Let's find out if the forum implodes.
    Last edited by kazeandi; 09-05-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Druids probably need something they can do in the interim if they're too far to help.

Or be excused from it if they weren't around for the summons.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    So, if the system stays as is, there's no problem, but if you intend to ramp up the "hardcore oldschool factor" for Druids because it's OldschoolCool, then that's not okay in my book.
    Good to know.

Thread Footer