Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which donation tier did you choose and why?

I thought this might be an interesting topic so feel free to discuss.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showt...9-Reward-Tiers

As I mentioned already I think it's detrimental to the community to discuss "how much I donated", it creates unnecessary division and sometimes a sense of entitlement. Also "donation" is a freely given sum of money without any reward I am guessing you are referring to the game packages.If so, there's no significant difference between packages, almost everything that was included in the higher packages is obtainable in game via questing.

I'd like to put this out there anyway w/o meaning to sound hostile-what we paid does not give any of us any control over the development process. Imho the gracious thing to do is make anonymous donations if we can and not flex our muscles with how much we donated/what package we purchased

Cheers

PS https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-gorgon-pc-mmo
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-08-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're right. I'm sorry. Is there a way to delete the post? I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's fine.

I donated about as much as I'd pay for a shelf game, and then a little more, like I'd pay for any web supported game.

Why not? I enjoyed it, I like the idea of trying new mechanics. I like exploring and I like the open world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I donated a few hundred in all and will continue to donate more with pleasure. I was an AC player for 6 years and there just isn't anything like it out there but this. Not expecting anything but an awesome game to be created and so far it's great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is a bad subject at all but I won't be putting mine down as I don't want to appear to be flexing some sort of gaming muscle lol.

I also would not ever think it gave me any rights beyond what was promised in the write up at the donation page (ie the things I'd get for my money)

I will say I am determined to be playing it a while

Great game!
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I donated my yearly entertainment budget, because it seemed the best use for it.

Ecit: I'm sure there are other good projects out there and everyone's expenses vary. This is what i'm interested in at the moment, so i was able to direct my funds this way. I certainly don't mean to place any expectations on anyone else.
    Last edited by alleryn; 03-09-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to follow Guybrush's old wisdom as much as possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corakhan View Post
    I try to follow Guybrush's old wisdom as much as possible.

Generally, I would agree that this is fantastic advice. But for this game, I am trying to calculate what is the most that I can manage, and donate that. I have a very special place in my heart for this game, so I want to do what I can.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @OP I wasn't trying to be mean, I do think that anonymous donation for whatever amount ppl can is the way to go. There's no need to delete your thread.What I can say for sure is that I intend to subscribe after my package runs out.

I do want to say something cash related though, what I like most is that the developers do not intend to ever have it pay to win. That's why I said that the difference between reward tiers is minimal, almost nothing is exclusive. Lycanthropy can be obtained via quest, same for mounts and other perks (like new races).

The - rather blunt - thing i said about "money doesn't entitle us to anything" ....I'm sure everyone had an experience of the sort in other games, especially on private servers. "You have to cater to MEEEE cause I paid"and that's a dangerous way to go, no creator should have to compromise for cash. From my point of view I paid too little since I was provided with entertainment for almost 3 years. So whatever criticism we put out on forum or in the suggestion box should be just that, he actually reads and takes things on board. The only "obligation" Citan has is to eventually release the game but I'm sure that he wants that more than us. What he does in the meantime we might hate it sometimes but it's his product, his call, regardless of how much any of us paid.

Anyway my previous post was not meant to be offensive in any way.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-09-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Thread Footer