Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Vision of Gorgon

The world you see

After doing any task, people begin to formulate perceptions, ideas, and expectations of things that they love. I would like to ask everyone to post your initial experiences, what did you feel first, what stuck out most?
    Now that you've played for a while, what have you come to love, come to dislike? This game is very unique and each persons insight would be interesting to hear.
    Now, as this game develops many things will change, develop and grow. As the population has recently risen I think a discussion could be productive.
    Personally, I am interested in seeing what unique ideas people can come up with, I love the growth of this game philosophically, it has amazing possibilities that should be pushed to their limits.

The possibilities in a world created by a man with a vision that is backed by love and excitement exceeds those created by dollars and board rooms.greater. Before feeling like it is your task to strongly agree or oppose anything important or benine, I would ask that you consider the future. and the past. the things that i've found to be special about this game range from necromancy, custom stalls, animal forms among other things ---

Considerations I would like you to think about relate to the perception of choice in this game. The freedom to choose what your concept of "endgame" is truely is quite fascinating, without having character levels this game has the ability to go in many different directions!
    The ability to choose what you want to do from farming, lore-hunting, to music, there is the chance to see many different life "paths" that could flower from this game.

Please take the time to throw out crazy thoughts, your experiences and thoughts. We all have the ability to spur something amazing that could be enjoyed by all of us!
    Last edited by fellentier; 03-05-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: ~Edited to fix errors from typing this on my phone~
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I just threw 500.00 into the pot is I have been on here about a week and I already see the vision that these people have come up with and on a limited budget. I am very impressed.

I have played MMORPG since before they existed meaning I played TEXT MUD's (Dragonrealms aka Simutronics which also put out Gemstone and other games)

I then moved to DAOC (Dark Age of Camelot)

From there I went to the 2 player version of Neverwinter Nights, and played the end of Alpha in WOW and Closed beta in wow, I played Hunters in WOW before they had talents lol, if that tells you anything.

From there I played every single game out there even EQ/AC/AC2/LOTRO just every single one even fails like Vanguard.

Most of them in beta to some degree.

So for me to find a game that impresses me is rare. I quit WOW when it went too mainstream and I would do the same here. If they start to cave to the masses that would be the thing to change my mind about this game.

I love the vision. I love the fact you have to research, explore, that you have to figure things out but if you really do your homework it is there to be found (so not impossible) I maybe don't want it as much of a time sink as EQ was though because I never got into EQ as much due to the whole monster camping thing.

Um, just in general love the game so far and hoping beyond hope it keeps going on vision and not cave to the masses as then it will lose its charm!

So keep your unique identity Gorgon, I have put my money where my mouth is <3

Not even past level 17 in Sword so can't speak to end game or anything else but the vision overall .

Would love to see more surprise finds in the world.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    The reason I just threw 500.00 into the pot is I have been on here about a week and I already see the vision that these people have come up with and on a limited budget. I am very impressed.

I have played MMORPG since before they existed meaning I played TEXT MUD's (Dragonrealms aka Simutronics which also put out Gemstone and other games)
    Hello from another former MUD player .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Eachna And yay! The more MUD players the better and the merrier
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    old mudd here.. and BBS drifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel ya rastaah. This is the first MMO i've played since Asheron's Call that really impressed. While it needs a ton of work, like you said the vision is there and it can become one of the greatest ever.
    Peasant - Fire/Ice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still trying to figure this out. I always play dedicated healers in MMOs and I still don't have something that feels completely right yet. One of the reasons I am on a break.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
    I am still trying to figure this out. I always play dedicated healers in MMOs and I still don't have something that feels completely right yet. One of the reasons I am on a break.
    I was in the exact same rut when i first started, but somehow found my soul on cow form. Since then ive branched out, but this game really does have a lot to offer those that can accept bard style healing. If you put enough time into your kit, you can play a healer and be insanely valuable. If you dont like soloing, try to find some people that you can support whilr doing regular day to day grinding, id be glad to help you on your journey too if yoi wanted to add me
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fellentier View Post
    I was in the exact same rut when i first started, but somehow found my soul on cow form. Since then ive branched out, but this game really does have a lot to offer those that can accept bard style healing. If you put enough time into your kit, you can play a healer and be insanely valuable. If you dont like soloing, try to find some people that you can support whilr doing regular day to day grinding, id be glad to help you on your journey too if yoi wanted to add me
    I solo 99.9% of the time. Yes, I am used to soloing healers in other games which is often pretty challenging! In PG I tend to run Ment with whatever I am trying out so I have at least some healing. Was enjoying Necro/Ment for a while with the lifetap and such but that one necro change that made you more dependant on pets made it pretty unplayable to me. If your pets die you are screwed if you are across the zone from where you can summon them. I have never been a fan of pet classes but when they just sort of did their thing I had fun with it, now you have to micromanage them and it's not fun anymore. Too bad that's my highest class! ARGH!!!

I hear pig is great at healing. Hate what time I have spent as a pig.

I'll come back to PG when I get burned out on FFXIV. I may just sort of start over on my druid alt and see how that goes.

Thread Footer