Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Angry Underwater Motherlodes have to go.

Mining has become very depressing in Kur. It was a challenge before but now it is ridicules. The main issue is underwater motherlodes, even if you can survive the ice water, the 12 second you get for swimming is impossible to get to, let alone find the lode.

Underwater Motherlodes have to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dislike them too. I keep reporting them every time I get one. I think, I got a reply once stating that it was not intended for metal motherloads to spawn under water in Kur. I was told to get as close as I can without dying and to report them and they would be removed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Okay, thanks for info.

Even doing that is going to be a pain, but I'll try.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as a druid i can use raven form to fly around and locate motherhole. But even then before i dive to it, and mine it, i run out of air and start droving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you tried 'right click to move' to the bottom near the node ? It usually gets me to the bottom 10x faster than swimming 'manually'

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I read the patch notes for a December update and I believe it said that for now it is possible to place campfires underwater?
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I read the patch notes for a December update and I believe it said that for now it is possible to place campfires underwater?
    Well that is a known issue of camp fires, and using it would be an exploit would it not. The cold issue is really a secondary issue, the main issue is that with say a max of 20 seconds before you start drowning, there isn't time to reach or mine a motherlode. It was fine before the breathing changes but it makes mining impossible when underwater now.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback! Underwater nodes are intentional, and they're supposed to be a logistical problem to figure out. I'm open to improving how things work there, but in general, I don't remove content because it's too hard -- I want to refine systems until it's achievable instead.

So it sounds like the key problem is not having enough breath? There are ways to increase your breath meter, including randomly-generated treasure items, low-level words of power, and raising your Endurance. Are these not easily accessible, or have you found them and they're still insufficient? I can certainly add more ways to raise max breath -- in fact there should be a low-level alchemy potion for it coming soon. (The potion exists already, but can't be crafted, only found.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Underwater nodes are intentional, and they're supposed to be a logistical problem to figure out. I'm open to improving how things work there, but in general, I don't remove content because it's too hard -- I want to refine systems until it's achievable instead.

So it sounds like the key problem is not having enough breath? There are ways to increase your breath meter, including randomly-generated treasure items, low-level words of power, and raising your Endurance. Are these not easily accessible, or have you found them and they're still insufficient? I can certainly add more ways to raise max breath -- in fact there should be a low-level alchemy potion for it coming soon. (The potion exists already, but can't be crafted, only found.)
    My endurance is very high, I only need 1 or 2 Iocaine Resistance bonuses and I'll have it completely maxed under the current limits. My best breath increasing items is +3 breath which leaves me weaponless but that is fine. I haven't tried the word of power since the change, and I don't think I have ever seen a breath potion. Okay I'll try the word of power and see if I reach the lodes that way and report back.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Okay word of power works pretty well, it was still a near thing. More detail report submitted in game. My main concern is that I have a maxed out character and Kur isn't even for the current highest level characters it is lower level than that.

Thread Footer