Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[suggestion] add a slash command that dumps character info to a txt file

Or perhaps dump to file on character logout.

I'd love to be able to check out my stats at a glance. Happy to parse any format you'd find most convenient.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If such a command were to exist, what sort of information would you want in it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously not OP here, but I love this suggestion so I'll add my own answer to your question Citan:
    * Skill lvls and xp (either xp into the next level or total xp gained)
    * Recipes Known (wouldn't have to be much more than name/id since I think any extra info can be pulled from json/CDN)
    * Most of what is in the character tab, but most importantly the currency page and the modifiers info (favor modifiers)
    * I would love to get a UI tab that is "reputation" and I'd love to be able to save that to file.
    * Current inventory (I heard something about storage is in the works tho)
    * Current load out, including skills on bars, maybe even some info about dmg output (modified not base).

Of note to OP: If you're looking for info from /behavior or /age you should be able to set this up with a special setting that lets you save any popup to a file so those can be saved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    If such a command were to exist, what sort of information would you want in it?
    Deldaron above me has some good ideas, but I'm really hoping that there's an easy way for you to just dump whatever the client has on the current character. I'd be happy to do the heavy lifting when it comes to making the data useful (and it sounds like I'm not alone at all here). It would be really nice if the data was in txt format but it's not a requirement.

I'm fundamentally trying to mirror your data structures and then convert them to relational data on my end so I can monkey around with things e.g. make an optimal plan for leveling a fire/priest including where/when/what to farm for that elusive priest staff recipe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldaron View Post
    Of note to OP: If you're looking for info from /behavior or /age you should be able to set this up with a special setting that lets you save any popup to a file so those can be saved.
    That's not quite the info I'm looking for but I was unaware of that feature and need to check it out, thanks!

Thread Footer