Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re-reading the earlier page of this thread, I just wanted to say that I do think sudostaph is giving excellent advice to new players here:
    Quote Originally Posted by sudostahp View Post
    Most trade skills will never make you money, even filling work orders. Carpentry is an exception. If you're concerned about skills that will make you cash, focus on resource harvesting: foraging, butchering, skinning, surveying/mining, gardening, tanning etc.
    I'd mainly replace the "never make you money" with "will make you very little to no money initially". As a newer player, you are much better off focusing on skills that give you an immediate reward for the time and effort you put into them, and the above list works very well for that.

As much as I enjoy leatherworking, to make it fast and profitable there are several things involved that won't be easy for a new player, starting with access to the Amulna work order board and preferably the ability to bind there since there isn't a tanning rack to be found in the entire desert and you have to bounce back and forth between Amulna and Serbule/Rahu in order to actually make the work orders you want to turn in.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work orders are also handy because you can do them when you're doing other things.

Hit the board as you pass, find a few things, and add it to your today's stuff to do. Usually it's just adding a few extra items to your gather list.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note: You all can discuss the game economy as it pertains to tradeskills to your hearts content, heh.

I do however, want to comment on this particular topic.

1. I totally dissed the games / player recommendations to go slow on non-combat skills. IE Tradeskills, sub-skills, etc. Instead, I've been gaining skills / access to NPC's, as I need them. Example: I am setting up 3 other "mule" toons to have uber storage in Serbule, and ONLY Serbule. So they all needed butter (and I needed it for a food recipe). So I went to Entibule and gained enough favor with 2 NPC's to buy the Butter recipe, and the Butter Muslin recipe. (I completed the Stomaches quest last week, and yes I know they are worth about 1.2k councils each).

2. I'm working on getting storage from Tadion, and though this has unlocked his skill training, I am not ready (and may never be, frankly) to go that route. I was really hoping that his recipe list included recipes for converting ores into metal blocks (Simple, Basic, Good, etc.) Since that is not the case, phooey.

3. I have more Councils then I expected at this point, because I've been doing work orders from the Dock board, along with player orders. On a good day, I can get 10k from the Dock board, and usually, I already have the mats. I'm level 16 Industry and plan to get a Sales Vendor the first week after I get to 20. (I'm working the Serbule and the Entinbule boards). My foraging skill is at 50, and I'm going to leave it there until I am combat-level high enough to actually do zone quests.

My takeaway here is for NEW players: If your already picking up everything, do the Dock Work Order Board, and the Player Job Order board, carefully. I tend to not bother with the low paying 300 orders (unless I have nothing else and I just want some Industry points). Avoid job orders for gear items, which are a money sink at low level and the mats are worth more to players and NPC's.

If you want to take some tradeskills that related to your combat progression, go for it. Just don't expect to make any money.

You can then use those "harvesting" skills you have been upgrading passively to start collecting mats that players actually want. (Such as cotton and wood mats.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Question - Inventory Upgrades

So I came across a reference today (in the forums) regarding some advanced filtering/organization/sorting options that become available to us at higher levels. Just what level are we talking about, and can someone describe these advanced storage options please?

Many thank you's!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoBlue View Post
    So I came across a reference today (in the forums) regarding some advanced filtering/organization/sorting options that become available to us at higher levels. Just what level are we talking about, and can someone describe these advanced storage options please?

Many thank you's!
    I believe that your question is about Inventory Folders. The Folders let you have different areas of your inventory so you can move stuff into a different folder or bag and then you can choose which area to look into your inventory for organizing and you can choose which folders when selling to NPCs.

below are the needed levels.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again, @ShieldBreaker. Looks like I am 2-3 weeks away from getting my first folder. Sigh. Inventory management in general is such a timesink. On the other hand, it's a good learning experience. heh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a quick question...
    Later on the game I want to be a Battle Chemist, so... I want to use Beaker as a weapon, but to use it properly what could be good? I mean, sword skills doesnt work with a beaker. I'm just confused, what level up to make beaker more efficient?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infanto View Post
    I have a quick question...
    Later on the game I want to be a Battle Chemist, so... I want to use Beaker as a weapon, but to use it properly what could be good? I mean, sword skills doesnt work with a beaker. I'm just confused, what level up to make beaker more efficient?
    Battle Chemistry has two different weapons, a main hand (beaker), and an off hand (flask). You could do sword/BC by using a flask. This allows you a wide variety of potential skills to choose from.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my point is: (sorry if it is a dumb question)
    I wanna use beakers, so only way to hit enemies is using unarmed skills, right? Correct me if I'm mistaKen. I know I can use secondary skills (using psychology for now )

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Infanto - I think you may be misunderstanding the response: You can enable the battle chemistry skill with either a main-hand beaker or an off-hand flask. So, if all you want to do is be a battle chemist, there is no reason to pick a beaker over a flask. Since battle chemistry is so flexible, you can use it with any non-animal combat skill. ( Bard and Unarmed have some abilities that require both hands, so you would not be able to use those abilities since one of your hands is busy with a battle chemistry item. You should have access to all their other abilities though, and I don't believe any other skills have that restriction.)

If you really truly want to use beakers only for roleplaying purposes or something, that would limit you to skills with non-mainhand focus items (archery, shield, necromancy) or no focus items required ( psychology, mentalism, animal handling), plus unarmed and bard with a somewhat restricted ability list. Finally, I think there is also a beaker stick that lets you use both fire magic and battle chemistry. But really, if you want to do fire magic/battle chemistry, equipping a regular fire staff and a flask would be much easier.

Thread Footer