Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Image Advice, please

Okay I need advice. Below is a really early work in progress of an image I'm working on.
    https://imgur.com/gLri5xy

I'd like to have something done up before the Steam Early Access of PG, and I kind of think this image is coming along. However, does it work, will it be understandable by newcomers, will it irk the powers that be, can I and should I add a logo, is it completely the wrong path and I should abandon it quickly and get to work on something else. Or is it nice for long time players, but I need a completely different image for the newcomers.

All other images are on hold till I lock down my Early Access day image(s). I want it to be a really good image, befitting the magnitude of the occasion. What should I do?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much in the way of advice here but I think it's an awesome picture. I'm not really sure what would work well for newcomers - for me, a big part of the reason I like your pictures so much is that they are clever inside views of the game. Since newcomers haven't played the game yet... well, hopefully the red carpet and unknown possibilities will excite them.

There is one thing I can't help noticing. In a good way, since I've been giggling madly for the last few minutes: So, we have Citan's eye. It's kind of big. It seems likely the eye is attached to something equally big. So, if the eye is appearing in the window, there should be a lot of space underneath that window to accommodate the rest. So - when the enterprising newbie walks through that door - they may end up falling straight into a big pit. Or, maybe, straight into someone's mouth? I'm sure it will be good dying xp either way.

I definitely love the picture - I hope everyone else will too!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for looking. I did think about having the Dragon eye further and higher, more overwatching the door from the side. This image would have been good for when the new forum was opened, it would have been a good fit for that. I thought about steam themed images, steampunk, pipes, valves more of a nod to the whole steam thing, but decided that be too confusing. Had an idea about the Ruby Wall, well several actually given that we don't know what the Ruby Wall looks like exactly. Maybe I should throw a rough version of that up for consideration. The Ruby Wall is central to the game, so maybe better.

I really don't know what to do :|

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    Thanks for looking. I did think about having the Dragon eye further and higher, more overwatching the door from the side. This image would have been good for when the new forum was opened, it would have been a good fit for that. I thought about steam themed images, steampunk, pipes, valves more of a nod to the whole steam thing, but decided that be too confusing. Had an idea about the Ruby Wall, well several actually given that we don't know what the Ruby Wall looks like exactly. Maybe I should throw a rough version of that up for consideration. The Ruby Wall is central to the game, so maybe better.

I really don't know what to do :|
    I rather like the current location of the eye - I think it would be hard to fit into the picture otherwise. And I love imagining the multiple death options. It's possible I'm weird.

At the time the new forum opened, we didn't have all the admin avatars yet. I think it took Citan months to get his? So, there really wasn't a good opportunity for this picture until now. I'd say just go with the current picture - it's plenty of fun.

I can't really think of a way to incorporate the Steam stuff either, but then I'm not Steam person anyway. Also - new players will probably play the game first and worry about the forums much later, so I think it's primarily existing forum users that will see the picture initially. And I say I like it!

(Of course, I'd also like to see a ruby wall picture. And Khaylara would probably like to see Hector scaling the wall and making rude gestures at the demons behind it. So, when in doubt, just put up 5 different pictures? )

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    https://imgur.com/uYOAtYS

This is one of my Ruby Wall Concepts. Feedback appreciated.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ShieldBreaker Re rubywall uYOAtYS
    Interesting, although there doesn't seem to be anything in the foreground to give a sense of scale...?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At the Ruby Wall Variant 1
    https://imgur.com/EhmQxMV

At the Ruby Wall Variant 2
    https://imgur.com/tfcPyri

Var 1, red eyes, teeth removed
    Var 2, demon all shadow, staff added in front of wall

still got time to make changes. If I can't get a rough version of my last concept done up in the next day or two I think I'm stuck with try to finish up Red Carpet and current Ruby Wall.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the teeth.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the brighter eyes in the first picture and the staff in the second. I always imagined the rubywall as more purplish, but that's based on the icon for the rubywall crystal which may change at some point...

For what it's worth, I had my non-PG playing husband look at the red carpet picture to get a "new player" impression, and his comment was basically "it looks pretty nice." He liked the big eye, but wasn't really sure what any of it was about. Which makes sense since he's never played PG or visited the forums. I think the red carpet picture is great for anyone who's spent some time reading the forums. And since that's where your picture is, it should be fine. I'm not sure what would really resonate with brand-new players otherwise - some Anagoge theme involving lighthouses and brain bugs?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Okay I've started loading art into Steam, I got it mostly set to Friends Only. I got most of it still to upload. Most of it is stuff you already seen here. Trying to figure out what is possible and how Steam works in regards to art work. I'll slowly start making them public once I work out how best to group and order them and things like that.
    Shoot me a Steam friend request if you want to take a look.

Thread Footer