Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat staff vs Melee staff

Appart from one works with fire magic too, and the other does not, what is the difference, it's entirely unclear to me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I can find no other difference between them, besides the one you already mentioned. The Combat staff allow magic and beyond the lowest level provide a small bonus modifier to fire magic as well, I think.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But are you stuck with a staff skill check on it, or you can make a fire staff free of it?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @INXS the answer is yes, you are stuck with the staff skill requirement, and no there isn't a way to make a combat staff that doesn't have the staff requirement.

A quality Combat staff that is crafted with gems for two other skills, will also have requirements for level 30 of Fire Magic and level 30 Staff. The skill that the gems are for will be at level 50 requirements. Results of crafting just a few minutes ago.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ShieldBreaker Yeah it's major BS, fact i'm required to raise the staff skill to use a craftable staff, but some "NPC" crafted a staff which i looted off a kill and can you believe it doesn't have staff requirement for me to wield ! Also the fact that craftable require both fire and staff makes it even more painful, what if a person not happy with staff and fire magic but manages to get fire to lv 25 to unlock ice magic, gets that skill to lets say 70ish also has got carpentry at high levels, let me combine my skills and try to make myself a beautiful staff, SORRY u need staff XX and fire XX to use item.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consistent with skill requirements in many cases though, lol

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would ascribe it to the development of some crafting to being... Incomplete. ^-^

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    True, I maybe should have said no way yet. We may have to wait for true Weapon Smithing to be added before we see a more robust crafting system on weapons. I am assuming that crafting or conjuring Ice staffs will be a thing at some point in the future.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's on our to-do list. The static requirements of crafted items will get replaced by the dynamic requirements eventually!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this same discussion in game a few months back, and many were confused. It is incredibly frustrating that you can discover a staff in loot that has an inherent mod (the white one) for fire magic, but you cannot craft such an item...only the one with the staff mod. It has actually caused me to consider switching to FM/Staff because of the restriction. I'm glad to know that mages won't be left out in the cold forever. Thanks Citan! It will be great to craft a staff with different elemental mods available.

Thread Footer