Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another new player

I first saw information about this game in the Pantheon subreddit, it looked interesting so I decided to give it a try while I wait for some other games to be released (Camelot Unchained, Pantheon, Crowfall). I am an old school player, I started with EQ in 1999 on the Solusek Ro server, since then I have players AC, AO, DAoC,ShadowBane, WoW, LotRO, GW2, EQ TLPS and most recently and often, The Secret World.

Now that I have introduced myself, I do have a quick question, I work from home a lot and I would like to be able to play the game on my laptop for couple of hours on an evening, so can anyone give advice as to how the following hardware would perform :
    MacBook Pro
    Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013
    Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Obviously it is more likely to be the graphics card that gives me issues, I was just wondering if others play on similar hardware and how it performs?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Hejjin, welcome to Project: Gorgon.

If you don't get many answers to your question in this thread, you may want to try asking it again in another thread with it as the focus.

The video ram on the card looks a little low to play (maybe on the lowest setting possible), but I don't know macs and not sure how that video card would compare specs for game only list ATI / NVidia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome @Hejjin!

Not a Mac user but it looks like that is just integrated graphics, so like @ShieldBreaker mentioned not sure how that will handle things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, I hope you have a wonderful time with us! I know a few who play on Mac, but sadly i do not know their specs.
    Sometimes I stream, sometime you should come watch me die a lot. twitch.tv/gelara41

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all

Thread Footer