Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Calligraphy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calligraphy

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am a sword 70level user. And I use very little (only the skills with passive bonus) of the Calligraphy skill.
    It seems that even on high levels this skill is not important. I mean for instance level 49, Despondent : “If you execute SwordSlash + ManyCuts + Parry in that order, the final step diminishes the enemy's next attack by an 20 damage.”
    Or
    Stoic: lvl 47 “If you execute SwordSlash + ManyCuts + WindStrike in that order, the final step heals 10 health, 10 armor, and 10 power.”
    The result is really very small to try to use this. Only the passive bonuses have some meaning.
    At my level my basic attack does about 1.5k damage. Why should I use this skill to gain “the enemy have his next attack diminish by 20” when his damage is way larger …

Thank you

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote from Citan (Old forum):

"[...]For unarmed, you have to do meditation to be dps-heavy. For sword, you are supposed to need calligraphy to be high damage. (I know, people ignore it. But they won't when we're done.)[...]"

It seems Calligraphy is just not balanced to be important right now, but eventually it will be.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actualy, reducign enmy dmg by 20 is a lot. Mybe its just becasue of my build (unarmed/wolf) but most mobs in Gazluk hit me for around 80-100. So 20 dmg is around 20-25% dmg reduction.

But yeh most of caligraphy/meditations are only usefull for pasisve bonuses liek + mac hp, or increaed dmg. There are few usfull meditations /(and cligraphy recipes too i think) that adds cc or turns lasta ttack aoe that can be usefull too. but thats about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    Actualy, reducign enmy dmg by 20 is a lot. Mybe its just becasue of my build (unarmed/wolf) but most mobs in Gazluk hit me for around 80-100. So 20 dmg is around 20-25% dmg reduction.

But yeh most of caligraphy/meditations are only usefull for pasisve bonuses liek + mac hp, or increaed dmg. There are few usfull meditations /(and cligraphy recipes too i think) that adds cc or turns lasta ttack aoe that can be usefull too. but thats about it.
    That dmg is factoring in armor, (and in some cases resistances), mobs deal increasingly more dmg the less armor you have.

@MorKazim, I'm sure you've had a few close calls fighting mobs, I'm not saying that the -20 dmg is significant, but I'm sure there have been occasions where it may have come in handy. As Niph said, there will probably be some interesting additions in the future.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO the steps it takes to build up a combo in Calligraphy is a waste of time. I don't want to do 3 hits using the dinky damaging attacks just to reduce my opponents attack by 20 dmg. The best defense is a good offense ("Mel, the cook on Alice!" - for those that get this reference. lol). Really though, if I can kill the mob with 2-4 strong hits that's better than just reducing his attack. So far I've been using Calligraphy just for the passive bonuses, which is level 50 Despondent and Secret Recipe level 32(?) Painful Experience. These both give passive boosts to slashing damage and sword damage.

I also use mediation even thought my load-out is sword/archery. Right now I use level 49 which gives a +25 power bonus. So that can be good for any class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking about Calligraphy. Has anyone used the lvl 55 Puncture. It requires a specific bow "Goblinic Piercer"

I have not been able to find it. I don't want to know where it is, if its in game I will continue the search

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not found one of the goblinic piercers either. A reliable source told me that they drop in Dark Chapel.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Edit: didnt realize how old this thread was and responded to OP.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to find Meditation/Calligraphy useful, but since getting current gear which leans you to specialize around specific tactics...

...If the combos you roll up aren't part of that, you're kinda screwed. Like, for unarmed, if you have anything but a punching focused gear, the bonuses for combos are just going to weaken your DPS.

Now, the combos can do knockback and stun, too, along with mitigation and dots so in those cases they can change things up, but they still don't seem to increase dps.

Thread Footer