Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot Download!

Could not download WindowsPlayer_Data/sharedassets0.assists.resS; giving up after 5 attempts - Please try again in a few minutes.

:L/ help please.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    have you followed the steps in the following thread link http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showt...ng-Read-First!

Small staff run the whole game and website, and they are in the US so it really late for them, might take a little while to get a response.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    have you followed the steps in the following thread link http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showt...ng-Read-First!

Small staff run the whole game and website, and they are in the US so it really late for them, might take a little while to get a response.

Yup, i've tried just about everything. I've updated my drivers, tried restarts, redownloaded content, the game keeps failing to "update" that one specific file.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry to see that you are experiencing this issue. We use a worldwide CDN to distribute Project: Gorgon and the culprit is likely the server closest to you in Japan. These issues, albeit rare, are usually resolved automatically within 24 hours after an update goes live. If you continue to experience the issue outside of that timeframe, please let us know. Conversely, if it resolves - also let us know. Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    Sorry to see that you are experiencing this issue. We use a worldwide CDN to distribute Project: Gorgon and the culprit is likely the server closest to you in Japan. These issues, albeit rare, are usually resolved automatically within 24 hours after an update goes live. If you continue to experience the issue outside of that timeframe, please let us know. Conversely, if it resolves - also let us know. Thanks.
    Is there any way that I can manually use a different server?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OKAY!

Because I wanted to play this game ---far --- too much, I just spent the last 10 hours testing out possibilities. I built my operating system, tried every possible thinkable solution and ultimately found ALAS! There is a way.

Because it is due to the proximity of the server I simple forced myself to use a different server. Through utilizing a free VPN I bounced my IP to a different region causing it to pick an area that wasn't effected, downloaded it through that server, disconnected the VPN, and then was able to log into the game as normal.

I believe this information could be useful to other people in the future, please add it to a sticky somewhere!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to let you know that the problem is back again with the most recent patch --- it seems that my solution works (albeit extremely slow to download through a proxy) --- and it seems to be the only way to fix this issue.

Small patches that are 300-400mg don't seem to cause the error, but any large patch that has hit always stonewalls me after I get to a certain percentage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm having the same problem, except with a different file. 'Retrying download of WindowsPlayer_Data/level12'
    I'm in the UK and tried using a VPN to US Central but it didn't help :/ Is there any alternative to download the bulk of the game?

Honestly, I've had really slow internet today but that still shouldn't completely prevent me from downloading the game, right? I wish it would just work!

EDIT: Got it working today, not sure if it just fixed itself, or if my internet was the problem (as it's working a bit better today), leaning towards my internet.
    Last edited by SleepyFox; 04-06-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Thread Footer