Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't begin to imagine the nightmare that balancing a true classless, skill-based game like this for PvE & PvP would be for a small team. That would mean that either the quality of both game modes would suffer or the whole dynamic of the development team, process, etc. would need to drastically change.

I've never been that into PvP myself outside of the random dual for entertainment so I'm good with the focus remaining where it is.

As I've seen mentioned several times when this comes up, there are several high quality PvP games on the horizon to "scratch that itch" so to speak.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why buy a game with no PVP is you want PVP?

Why claim PVP makes great community in a game that has a great community?

Why persist and argue when you've been told No over and over?
    Last edited by Mikhaila; 05-30-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never actually seen a healthy PvP community in a PvE game

What I have seen is constant demands for god-mode builds and incessant complaints about other classes and skills

Eventually this leads devs to make changes that create another FotM in PvP while wrecking PvE builds

PvP in MMOs is generally the art of finding/exploiting bugs until they are patched and then crying that your build got nerfed into oblivion

All this already exists in nearly every other MMO in the world, so why in the world does Project:Gorgon need it?

Smugly denigrating PvE in a PvE game's forum... interesting tactic

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people that have no interest in PvP always so vocal about making sure those that do can never get it? That is one thing I have never understood.

Change gruesome spooky punch to reduce damage by 90% instead of 50%, get rid of the snare effect and super jumping effect, that's about all you need to do to make it at least a little enjoyable. ( or add 30 minute PvP potions to a vendor with the same effects). This would have zero effect on the rest of the game, it wouldn't suddenly turn it into a PvPvE game.

Alternately you could just impose a zone-wide debuff on the PvP dungeon with this same amount of reduced damage. Don't tell people to go there "as is" because all it is is one shot kills.

Yea some tanky builds would be overpowered...who cares, at least you would get to fight each other for 10-20 seconds instead of 1 second.

Strictly voluntary with nothing to lose or gain from it....who the hell cares? Why go out of your way to not give people this outlet? And especially why go out of your way to post because you aren't personally interested in it? It doesn't seem like at least changing spooky punch as I have suggested would take much time, erase 2 effects and change a 5 to a 9.

Bonus: these threads would stop popping up every month.

EDIT to add this, I personally don't even care....I just don't see why you don't do that so they can have a little enjoyment and end the "why is there no pvp threads"
    Last edited by ErDrick; 05-30-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My comment was in response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by combobreaker View Post
    ...If you like fighting monster sims all day thats cool, it just seems like playing chess versus a computer and never playing against another person. Unless you travel over here or eat this pie for 5 min, etc.

TLDR; pvp builds community and a means to compete over progression rather than holding hands and waiting in line.
    From your point of view, you can look at PvP and say "What's the Harm?" but when you live to gank noobs you look at every other playstyle and say "What's the Point?"

A PvP dungeon can be useful because they WILL find exploits that can be patched, but if devs start trying to make changes in order to "balance" their little battles, it never ends

They will never be happy and they won't shut up lol

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't calling out a specific post or even this thread, it is a recurrent theme I have always seen every time someone mentions PvP in any form.

EDit: deleted rest of post, said what I needed to say !
    Last edited by ErDrick; 05-30-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ErDrick, your suggestion I think is fine. But I don't think that's what most of the pro-pvp guys want. Some of the knee jerk reaction is from knowing that any time spent on PVP is time taken from other things.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: PvP

Regardless of what any particular player would like to see, the Devs have repeatedly stated this is a PVE game.

PvP isn't going to be a big thing here. That's kinda just it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Class balance matters even in PvE if you want players to be playing on the same field. The difference is the balance you're aiming at is so that players don't end up uninvited to groups or not able to complete solo content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maestroanth View Post
    Unless PG makes it big time and get a million subscribers....

It could happen.
    Not sure I understand the logic...if a PvE game developed a large following why would they feel the need to shift focus to PvP?

I could understand if over the years after "launch" that some sort of PvP evolved - didn't something like that happened with LotRO?

Thread Footer