Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Boss Feedback

RE: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-April-15-2021 Wanted to post some feedback on the changes and also on the event as a whole.

The Fairy death anchor is a big win and a huge help.

The change from 4 hrs to 6 was actually amazing - with less runs to go it seems people finished/burned out later. I did 9 of the 12 runs and they all ran pretty smoothly. I would love to see this changed from an x hrs after the boss died to a set schedule of every 6 hours. A lot of time is spent waiting for bosses to respawn from previous runs depending on how that boss went for the previous group.

I would also like to see the "tag" criteria go away on the bosses. Perhaps something like looting is all thats required or a combination of being in the map when the boss died and then looting can get you credit, but this event comes with a lot of tension. There was a lot of complaining about people engaging the boss too quickly while people were zoning. I don't think its reasonable to expect everyone to know to wait, how long they should wait, etc. and I don't approve of the shaming people were engaging in (I think you can assume engaging the boss wasn't mal-intended), but I think the fix here isn't to get everyone on the same page, but to remove the situations where people are actively attempting to participate and not getting credit b/c the boss goes down too quickly. I assume a lot of "obvious" solutions are also abuseable (if just looting is required you could quick cycle through alts), but right now I think the worst part of this experience is the negativity/disappointment it brings out in people.

On that note I think the gaz portal could be changed to port people to near the pink world boss portal in the wilds - there's a fair amount of confusion when people get to gaz and you're chaining two loading screens by putting them first into GK.

Another idea that I think could speak to both of these pain points is if killing the previous boss initiated a 5 minute spawn timer on the next boss or something like that. This would guarantee some down time for people to zone while speeding up the big wait times at Claudia.

Overall still a nice event and this iteration definitely had more consistent turn out (at least for the non 6am runs) which was nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once when fighting Hot Flash, i died and before I clicked Respawn, Hot Flash was killed and I was resurrected, so next time I died when fighting it, when I died, I waited and when Hot Flash was killed, I got resurrected again. Was that supposed to happen, being resurrected when the boss dies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fairly new, so I could have been totally blind to this; however, I had a hard time figuring out when/where stuff was happening. I saw the dates, but no times. I live in Central, so I couldn't figure out when stuff was happening.

I was on most of the day, but never saw any announcements or anything. I assumed it would be like live events in other smaller community MMOs and announced in world or pop-up on your screen.

Where did this even happen?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I am fairly new, so I could have been totally blind to this; however, I had a hard time figuring out when/where stuff was happening. I saw the dates, but no times. I live in Central, so I couldn't figure out when stuff was happening.

I was on most of the day, but never saw any announcements or anything. I assumed it would be like live events in other smaller community MMOs and announced in world or pop-up on your screen.

You can see some info here: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/I...e_World_Bosses
    I believe the first spawn is Friday at midnight (at the start of the event) and then they respawn on a timer after they die (i believe it's every 6 hours). People often use discord to track boss's death times: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Discord

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    Once when fighting Hot Flash, i died and before I clicked Respawn, Hot Flash was killed and I was resurrected, so next time I died when fighting it, when I died, I waited and when Hot Flash was killed, I got resurrected again. Was that supposed to happen, being resurrected when the boss dies?
    Likely due to tether or hymn of resurrection cast by another player.

My suggestions:
    1.) Reduce or eliminate AOE visual FX from bosses that tank FPS (specifically the swirling Empusa and burning Hot Flash animations). Adding some hard limit on tombstone assets in a zone during events might help some too.
    2.) Add some kind of linked spawn timer so that bosses aren't killed before players have a chance to congregate (portal lag / crashing was making people aggro if they missed tagging).
    3.) Would be nice to notify via System message popup in game that bosses will spawn soon (maybe like 10 min. warning for people to gather)
    4.) Revamp loot tables for the chests because the "Boosted Rarity" still returns mostly crap and it's infuriating when you pull fish hooks or figurines.
    5.) Add better instructions for new players so global and nearby is not spammed with questions and complaints (ie: explain that they need to tag the boss at least once, need to leave Gazluk Keep to find Zukelmax, need to loot boss corpse AND chest for credit, etc.)

Overall very fun event and it was a good way to bring all levels of the community together for a common goal....
    Last edited by Daguin; 04-21-2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Actual feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only complain i have is the only usefull reward option is the xp pots. The gear rolls are awfull. I rolled gear for an alt. 70% where green and blue, an got a few reds. And thats 3 times the event done x 6 bosses, 18 rolls. So i guess im uberunlucky or the rolls need to be boosted. No to mention that i get crap also when opening the chests, like figurines and other stuff. If i want gear, why the game give me an ogre figurine?

Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    Hot Flash rez all players nearby when he dies. Is a perk from the boss. There's even a msg on the chat saying somethin like "like a phoneix bla bla bla"

The event is on the loging screen, hard to miss. About when it starts, apart that it clears states each 6 hours, theres a fair amount of spam on the general chat warning about it. You could also try to join the discord group and ask there.
    Last edited by corelion; 04-21-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    You can see some info here: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/I...e_World_Bosses
    I believe the first spawn is Friday at midnight (at the start of the event) and then they respawn on a timer after they die (i believe it's every 6 hours). People often use discord to track boss's death times: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Discord
    Thanks that's super helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by corelion
    The event is on the loging screen, hard to miss. About when it starts, apart that it clears states each 6 hours, theres a fair amount of spam on the general chat warning about it. You could also try to join the discord group and ask there.
    Hmm, is there supposed to be info on the login screen? It's all blank for me. Could be my VPN, it's done some weird stuff like that before. I saw the 6 hours, but starting with what time zone? When? I'm in a weird time zone so it helps to know these things.
    Last edited by Mephisto; 04-21-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks that's super helpful!

Hmm, is there supposed to be info on the login screen? It's all blank for me. Could be my VPN, it's done some weird stuff like that before. I saw the 6 hours, but starting with what time zone? When? I'm in a weird time zone so it helps to know these things.
    Yes, atm there's a calendar with the 4 next events.

Theres a command for the server time.. which cant remember atm. Again, asking ingame is usually the easiest way to know this stuff. /general chat is the way to go.
    Last edited by corelion; 04-21-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corelion View Post
    Theres a command for the server time.. which cant remember atm.
    /status

Server time is EST and follows daylight savings (so is currently EDT, which is UTC -4).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    re:
    2.) Add some kind of linked spawn timer so that bosses aren't killed before players have a chance to congregate (portal lag / crashing was making people aggro if they missed tagging).
    This is something that I thought of while hosting Season's End, but I would love a /zapresources command for your own tombstone - when there are chaotic events like world boss event or George invades Serb its hard to clear your own tombstone. Being able to eventually bury other people tombstones is nice, but being able to remote wipe your own would be a nice add on

Thread Footer