Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Ensouled Gear
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Ensouled Gear

What is Ensouled Equipment and what does it mean in-game? Are there special quests or places to turn in these items? Can we free these poor (kitty) souls?

This is the first time I think I've come across something like this.

This is Monger.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat!

I've never heard of the flag.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think these were added a couple of updates ago. But now that you mention it, I want a humane way to rescue the kitten souls also. I would even be cool with an NPC that takes them as favor inorder to release the kittens. But it has to be clearly defined that is what the NPC is up to.

From the Project Gorgon Blog:Road Map to Release!
    "There will be more ways to enhance gear and abilities.

At higher level there will be many more ways to improve your character's combat abilities, including sentient weapons, "master" versions of abilities, and new kinds of protection. These are relatively easy things to add after we get the basics hammered out a bit more."

sentient weapons are what I thinking Ensouled Equipment is maybe about.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The exact features of ensouling are still in flux so I don't want to say much about it right now, but you can't do anything with souls right now. But you will in the future! And yeah, sentient weapons are one of the ways that can go.

But I will spoil a tiny easter egg on that particular claw, because I'm not sure how well it works: it is supposed to be able to emote in text, making hissing sounds, purring, mewling, etc. depending on what you're doing (and whether you're paying it enough attention). It's very similar to how ur-bacon can talk. But I'm not sure if it's noticeable enough. Have you ever seen it happen? I want it to be very occasional, not more than once every hour or two, but happen enough to notice if you carry the item around a while.

(The chance of it happening is actually higher than Ur-Bacon, but people usually carry a big stack of ur-bacon, which is why it seems so chatty... each strip has a chance of talking.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Citan, I think I overheard people talking about their Kitten claws mewling, but haven't looted a pair myself, so sorry, can't provide feedback on them directly
    If I loot some I'll carry them around a couple of days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always have my trusty kitty claw on hand just in case!

It does happen occasionally @Citan, it tends to 'mewl for attention' when you do not have it equipped. It purrs with affection if you have it equipped. I don't think I've seen it hiss, but I have seen maybe four or five different dialogues from it.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat, thanks for the info. Gonna be on the look out for a high level version of it XD

The whole concept as has been hinted at so far sounds really neat/fun. Look forward to seeing how it evolves in the future!
    This is Monger.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'm going to totally necro this thread to say that having chatty items is awesome. I'd been getting several messages about feeling inexplicably sad today, and was quite intrigued by them but couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Then, finally, one of my items whispered to me about our situation being hopeless, and things became clear to me. This is a lot of fun. And apparently I need to start making some ur-bacon...

For those collecting these things, my special item is:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-11-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Thread Footer