Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    Just FYI Flex...you can use the armor repair and first aid skills whether you need to fix/heal or not and still get the xp for it.
    It's been bugfixed a bit, so sometimes if you don't, it won't. But now it counts for n minutes, so if you use it to heal in one battle, for the next n minutes, it counts for all mobs you down.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If this update caused you to have dramatically reduced framerate in Gazluk, it may be because of the new map. The new Gazluk map image isn't any bigger than the new maps in other areas, but Gazluk itself uses a lot more memory, and perhaps the map has put your video card past what it can do without constant memory-paging. That's just a hypothesis... but if that proves to be a problem for a lot of people we'll figure out a fix.

To test this idea, please try turning off the minimap and map, and seeing if performance improves in Gazluk!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all tnx for an awesome game so far, just recently started(few days ago) and gave me instant Everquest 1 feelings. And here I didnt want to touch Project1999 cause I knew id be hooked again hehe.
    Keep up the good work cause Im loving it so far.

About the Inventory folders:
    Not sure why something that just an arrangement of the inventory is behind kinda high milestones, speaking from a newbie view. Ive been playing for a few days and Id love to have the ability to arrange my stuff I have been gathering better than to just keep switching things around while adventuring.
    I kinda see it as something like this: Im going on an adventure and I have with me a bag or 2 with multiple pockets, not sure how or why a milestone/not having a skill would prevent me from opening a pocket to put stuff in to arrange stuff.

Id be happy to work for it ingame with less high milestones or questing even ( im a questaholic and still play one of the most grindy mmos Rappelz) , but still, just arranging things is kinda silly to me if I can do this when Im only mid to high level, which judging by the speed Im leveling and enjoying the world(I'm still on 1st Serbule starter area) is going to take me lots o weeks if not months.
    Well at least its implemented so thank you.
    If it was like a real bag/container you had to craft (like we have in Everquest for example) it would have been another story.
    Again just a newb view hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    If this update caused you to have dramatically reduced framerate in Gazluk, it may be because of the new map. The new Gazluk map image isn't any bigger than the new maps in other areas, but Gazluk itself uses a lot more memory, and perhaps the map has put your video card past what it can do without constant memory-paging. That's just a hypothesis... but if that proves to be a problem for a lot of people we'll figure out a fix.

To test this idea, please try turning off the minimap and map, and seeing if performance improves in Gazluk!
    I've spent the last 4 hours in Gazluk trying to repair my broken items and escape it with no luck. After about 5 seconds, my RAM using shoots to 99% and the game locks up. I've lowered the graphics to -2 retro-terrible and it still dies almost immediately. Serbule and Serbule Hills were extremely laggy from changes a few patches back, but this is absolutely unplayable for me. My computer/connection suck, but until this patch, I had zero issues in Gazluk.

Mini-map and map were disabled/off to begin with and doesn't seem to help.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #35
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think we've tracked down the problem with Gazluk. It's due to issues with the new 2017.2 version of Unity; they screwed up their physics engine again. The problem can cause lag in all areas, but is most noticeable in Gazluk because it's the largest area with the most monsters. We're working on a fix for the next update!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think we've tracked down the problem with Gazluk. It's due to issues with the new 2017.2 version of Unity; they screwed up their physics engine again. The problem can cause lag in all areas, but is most noticeable in Gazluk because it's the largest area with the most monsters. We're working on a fix for the next update!
    great to hear, hopefully i can put off buying new/upgrading hardware

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome and thank you.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa74 View Post
    About the Inventory folders:
    Not sure why something that just an arrangement of the inventory is behind kinda high milestones, speaking from a newbie view. Ive been playing for a few days and Id love to have the ability to arrange my stuff I have been gathering better than to just keep switching things around while adventuring.
    I kinda see it as something like this: Im going on an adventure and I have with me a bag or 2 with multiple pockets, not sure how or why a milestone/not having a skill would prevent me from opening a pocket to put stuff in to arrange stuff.

Id be happy to work for it ingame with less high milestones or questing even ( im a questaholic and still play one of the most grindy mmos Rappelz) , but still, just arranging things is kinda silly to me if I can do this when Im only mid to high level, which judging by the speed Im leveling and enjoying the world(I'm still on 1st Serbule starter area) is going to take me lots o weeks if not months.
    Well at least its implemented so thank you.
    If it was like a real bag/container you had to craft (like we have in Everquest for example) it would have been another story.
    Again just a newb view hehe.
    Good perspective on the situation. I think most people reading the forum logged in after the patch with one or all folders unlocked already, so it's pretty easy for us to dismiss the unlocks as "newbies don't really need that yet." I think it would be confusing to have the folders available right away on Anagoge, but it may not be a bad idea to make one or two folder unlocks available earlier in the game to allow for at least a little bit of sorting. A quest could work well for that and explain about folders at the same time. Or just have a couple lower level requirements.

Or, we could give everyone all folders and leave the high level unlocks to cosmetic stuff like dyeing folders or decorating them somehow. I'm probably just weird but for some reason I'm really excited about the folder colors and it's the first time I've wanted to dye anything in PG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: unlocking multiple bags. Maybe organizing things is a skill (or interest?) that comes only with age/experience. Certainly, looking at my teenage sons room suggests that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celedor View Post
    Re: unlocking multiple bags. Maybe organizing things is a skill (or interest?) that comes only with age/experience. Certainly, looking at my teenage sons room suggests that.
    Heh, you may be on to something. I was trying to remember my teenage self and I suspect my organizational skills were similar to your son's. I consider myself a fairly organized person these days, but I think that mostly came about because I got tired of not being able to find anything.

Thread Footer